American Express Programmer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Express Programmer Analyst Interview Questions

2.8

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2012.

Interview

I had 2 different interviews for 2 different positions. They said they will get back to me and they never contacted me. I think it will be helpful to the candidate if they let the candidate know the result of the interview either ways. I try to contact the recruiter, but no avail.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Express

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2010.

Interview

First interview was face to face panel interview of technical programming questions, work ethic, experience, and technology awareness.

Interview Questions

• What is an Apache web server?   1 Answer
    • Why are you switching industries and how will you manage this change?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none. Manager made it clear it is not a negotiation and asked if I want the whole thing pulled off.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Express (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

Test - 1hr 15min - mainly aptitude. Simple mathematics and logic questions. 2-3 technical questions. 2-3 situational english questions.

1st Round - purely technical. Helpful panel.

2nd Round - HR questions. Plus some puzzles

3rd Round - HR head. Questions related to Resume

4th Round - Hiring Manager Round. Questions related to work experience and briefing about the profile.

Interview Questions

• What are different types of Joins in SQL? Explain with examples.   Answer Question
    • What are the biggest challenges you faced during any of your projects? What did you do to overcome them?   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

4 - 5 rounds of interview.
    Contacted by HR (through referral). All interviews will be conducted by the team with which you will be working. Round 1 was conducted by the immediate manager. (Sometimes, Senior Manager round is conducted separately)
    Basic analytical thinking and puzzles etc. Round 2 was conducted by Director level. Round 3 is also Director level. A lot of situation based questions in round 2 and round 3. Round 4 is conducted by VP.Mostly behavioral and cognitive questions.

Interview Questions

• Basic analytical thinking, SQL (good knowledge), SAS, Big Data techniques etc.   1 Answer

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in June 2011.

Interview

At the high level, the major interview process comprised of:
    1) Initial interview by recruitment agency to verify alignment of experience with the requirements for the job
    2) Technical interview
    3) Behavioural interview
    4) Managerial interview +Aptitude Tests
    5) HR Round

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Please make sure that you accept the job not for money but the roles and responsibilities which are part of the job.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Express in March 2008.

Interview

Applied on company website. Received an HR phone call a couple of days later. Went through a phone HR screening interview. Next had a group/team interview with 3 people on the call. Then had an interview with my potential boss and his boss to meet me and get a feel for my ambitions. Finally, had a technical interview. At which point, I was given an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for this team?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They gave me a reasonable offer, and I didn't need to negotiate.