American Express Senior Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Express Senior Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The process took almost one month. I was referred by a friend. First I got a email the HR wanted to interview me on the next day, but she disappeared the next day. Later on she contacted me again and we talked about 5 minutes on the phone. Two weeks later I was informed to have an on-site interview with the senior manager and the director. Senior manager asked me some technical things, and the director asked behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Express

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Four step process. (1) An initial phone interview with the hiring leader, very informal, wanted to know my background, expertise, future endeavors, etc. (2) A two-part, in person interview at the office. I met with the hiring leader and another Sr. Manager. I was asked to discuss my education and work experience followed by a series of scenario based questions. The format was very relaxing and enjoyable. (3) I was contacted shortly after for a second, in person interview with the VP of the group. This included another set of scenario based questions and was much more formal. (4) After my interview with the VP, I was asked to complete a case study. Very heavy on data analysis and had to present my power point via phone to the hiring leader. Was contacted the next day offering me the position. A great, efficient experience. The company is renovating their offices to a new, more collaborative environment. Both of my interviews were held on these renovated floors.

Interview Questions

• The questions were mostly scenario based. Questions required examples of what steps you completed in order to work through an analytical process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in July 2013.

Interview

HR were not active or responsive some time you have to follow up and take the required information out of them which HR should have proactively communicated. one you are in front of the panel they are good and well behaved but lacks professionalism. but overall good company to work for.

Interview Questions

• Totally related to work you have done and role that you are applying for like - Do you know abut customer segmentation, clustering techniques, parameters considered while segmentation, tools used for execution of campaigns and data segmentation, data base worked on etc etc.. and also about you family and family background ..   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Express (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in October 2012.

Interview

5 rounds of interview, it will take 5 hours or so

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They do not entertain negotiation. This is what the HR told me when I asked her

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in June 2012.

Interview

4 Round.

a. HR - 2 rounds face to face & telephonic.

Will check your basic attitude, some basic questions regarding your personal, social and professional life. Will catch your over all personality & communication skills.

b. Supervisor / SME & hiring manager

situation based test to check your decisions making skills, proper test applied maths, excel, critical thinking, prioritization of issues, team skills and handling, understanding client metrics, SLAs, KROs and what not..but related with domain.

c.
    OPS Head with HR ..
    Will check your know how skills, attitude, past experience, expectations, will give you a brief.

d .
    Not an interview but more a welcome and salary expectations though door is there for negotiation.

Interview Questions

• HR 1st round.

You have a BPO back ground and this role is different as its not only about English or customer satisfaction but core knowledge about a domain.
      ***************************
      SME 2nd round

This lady supervisor said "impress me"
      *****************************
      OPS Manager 3rd round

1. How will you make that first impression with your colleague and supervisor that you are an asset.

2. What is your understanding about the top priority in this domain.
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Express (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in May 2011.

Interview

It was good and on time. though 6 rounds of interview made it tough. Let me tell you one thing, if you get selected for a job you will find all rounds were very easy and its very easy to get selected in this company. But after you are hired, you will see for the same position they take interviews and reject many people even in last round and then you will realize that it wasn't that easy to be here.

Interview Questions

• Questions were based on your behavioral expertise. You can never decide whats correct and whats wrong.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. They offered me more than I expected. I was very happy. Its been more than 2 years in this company and I am still happy.