American Express Senior Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Featured Interview

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at American Express in January 2017.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview, followed by an in person by the hiring manager. Then a 2nd interview with the hiring manager & the final interview with the Director. The entire process took about six weeks.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about American Express & why do you want to work here?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for American Express

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Very relaxed and quick process. I went through 3 rounds including 1 phone, 3 onsite, and then 2 additional onsite. They were all about 30-45 minutes in length. It seemed as though cultural and personality fit really do matter, and it was evident that they appreciated and expected thoughtful answers to all of their questions and cases.

Interview Questions

• Why this role, and why American Express?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with 4 people. They were all incredibly intelligent and knowledgeable of the position. They really explained the role and discussed the culture of the group. They definitely wanted the right fit and to make sure I meshed well with the rest of the team!

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified for this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was an internal hire and there was a negotiation freeze on lateral moves

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

Lots of trips to the office which made it difficult as I was an external hire. Nothing too difficult, fairly simple behavioral questions. The recruiters liked me so they encouraged me to post for several different positions, some of which I didn't get. For one of the positions, they wanted me to present presentations on case studies they had sent over.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Had two separate phone interviews on the same day both with associates. Both were mainly behavioral questions with only one or two technical questions. Overall not to difficult and the interviews were very polite but just did not fit the frims culture

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Express (Plantation, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Organized, informative, transparent, professional. The recruiter was very helpful from beginning to end. The process was clear and communication was constant. The recruiter kept me informed the entire time, and was very quick to respond to any questions and concerns I had throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Strengths, weaknesses, how would you handle certain situations pertaining to the role.   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at American Express in January 2016.

Interview

I was called for 2 potions by HR. Then I had 5 rounds and nothing was clear from the start. It was very add hoc process. They were very unresponsive and unprofessional. No structure no feedback, they do not keep you in the loop. Extremely frustrating. The process took 4 months and I never new when the next stage is going to be. Usually takes about 2 weeks in between. Also, there was very little flexibility in terms of schedule

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and after two weeks I was contacted by a recruiter. After a short interview with them, I had an in depth interview with a Senior Manager. I was then invited to American Express to meet with another Senior Manager and VP. In person interviews were 30 minutes long and one after the other at headquarters.

I reached out to the recruiter to inquire about the position after my interview. I never heard back and then received an automated email notifying me the position had gone to another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you solved a problem. Tell me the process.
      Why do you want to work at American Express.
      What appeals to you about the position
      Why would you be a good fit   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

4 Rounds in total- 1st phone with HR, 2nd phone with Hiring Manager, 3rd- in person with Hiring Manager then 4th with Hiring Manager and potential colleagues- make sure you are well versed in the company- do you research online about their products and what services they offer. Make sure to follow up with Thank you notes and feel free to reach out to HR over the process. Also come prepared with questions to ask regarding the role- they will allow plenty of time for this at the end and are looking for intelligent questions regarding the role.

Interview Questions

• Biggest Strengths, Describe a time when (STAR type questions), How do you overcome a tough situation with a client   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

Interview process was painful. It took four months to complete the process. Icing on the cake was the rejection call the day before Christmas. Totally class less.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions. Name a time when you saved an account, and so on...   Answer Question