American Express Team Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Express Team Leader Interview Questions

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Express (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

American Express uses the Situation - Action - Outcome model where they ask you to tell about a time that .... and your answer needs to be in the format Describe the Situation, What Action did You Take, What was the Outcome?

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had a direct report who was not meeting expectations?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Express

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Plantation, FL).

Interview

It took a few weeks to get a phone call from the HR department or recruiting team who conducted a phone screening with about 5 questions. A few days later I had an in-person interview with 2 or 3 directors asking situation-action based questions. Then if you move up the next step is a meeting with the VP.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to deal with a difficult co-worker.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted within 3 days. The interviewer was very professional and suggested a position that matched my experience and qualifications. I applied for the new position and a new interview was set up. Let's see how that goes.

Interview Questions

• How many direct reports I had in a previous job and what were my responsibilities   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Express in June 2014.

Interview

Was given 6 comptency questions to anwer. Was told that if this position was not right for me, the director-who was interviewing me-would work with me to find a position that was suitable. This was a lie. I asked to take her up on her offer-no response.

Interview Questions

• None-however-they asked two different questions regarding how do you develop your staff.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at American Express (Portland, OR).

Interview

Very long interview process, it took 4 months. Found out later that there was no communication about candidates between interviews so I did not need to spend as much time coming up with new situations to share. 5 interiews, all over the phone. Very little communication as to where the status was in the hiring process. Was told that the position would be filled by June and still hadn't heard back by the beginning of June but got an offer that latter part of the month for the position to start in July.

Interview Questions

• Virtual role training is not set up for external people very well within the Consumer Travel network. Very little support.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Very little information was given about the way that bonus structure would work and that is the same in role, no one really can communicate what the bonus structure looks like. Also, I was told during the interview process that the position was M-F and the hours were self-directed based on business needs. Once in role I had to work ngihts/weekends and had a set shift I was not allowed to deviate from, had to work additional hours before to make it a 10 hour day. Very little flexibility.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Express (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2012.

Interview

1st is a phone screening interview then if that is acceptable it will be submitted for a in person interview were you may be interviewed with 2 leaders. They will write down your responses. They are understanding if you are nervous and was not as intimidating as I would have first thought. Then wait for about 1-2 weeks to find out if you are offered the position.

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Express in August 2010.

Interview

The hiring process was very detailed and very lengthy, First I interviewed over the phone, then I was went into the city and went thru a process of interviewing with a manager. Once that was completed I flew to another city and interviewed with a director. I was then called with an offer by another person. Very difficult process

Interview Questions

• How do you motivate an employee who has applied for the Team Leader position 2 times and has been declined? This employee will report to you?   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

The whole interview process took one month. Went thru total 5 rounds of interview which included recuriter,HR, leader, trainer & Manager, HOD before i secured the position. Interviewer involved can be solo or in team.

Surprised that the process is fast even though it went thru many tiers of interview. Different from most of the companies which will only have 2-3 rounds of interview for a Team Leader position. However, i think the process is great as it help to identify the right candidate to be present to the final decision maker which is a norm for AMEX. Even the most junior position in the business unit needs to go thru 3 rounds before offered.

Interview Questions

• This job required techinical skill and experience but i have most questions asked in personality and peoples managing. Real focus on leadership and only one listening skill test.   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico City (Mexico)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Mexico City (Mexico)) in February 2014.

Interview

Hiring in the taleo portal and then I receive an interview from HR, if you pass the first wave, you have an interview with the hiring leader, in some cases you have a third interview

Interview Questions

• Describe the most difficult situation and how you are handled that   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

1st stage Questions, 2nd stage presentation and competence based questions, 3rd stage interview with director, 4th stage personality and logical-mathematical test