American Express Travel Counselor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Express Travel Counselor Interview Questions

Interviews at American Express

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2018.

Interview

This interview was what is called a "round robin" interview. You will be interviewing with the travel managers as well as all travel team leads. So each part will be either with two team leads or one team lead and one manager. So each part with two people. There were four parts, all different questions.

Interview Questions

• Part one was primarily about how past experience related to this position.
    Part two was about customer service and customer service scenarios.
    Part three was role playing; you are the travel agent, one manager or team lead is the customer calling in.
    Part four basically went over benefits and what you are looking for in a new company.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Express

Travel Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter and an in person interview. It wasn't the interview that was an issue. It was how she lied about the salary. The other issue was the background check. I provided tons of information and they shipped it to some company in Mexico for confirmation.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Seattle, WA) in January 2018.

Interview

Recruiter interview, then a round robin interview. Very easy if you have former travel experience. They ask travel related questions to make sure you are prepared for the upcoming job.

Interview Questions

• Where is a destination you have been looking forward to visiting and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

***APPLICATION IS COMPLETE...I HAVE NOT COMPLETED ENTIRE EXPERIENCE YET, so I have not received an offer or a rejection. Just want to help people who are in the beginning or middle of the process so far.

I have completed the application process with a referral from a friend who currently works for Amex. The application itself is easy. In the past I have applied for a position with the in-bound global corporate customer care department. I made it to a phone interview with that position, but unfortunately goofed on my resume with stating I had my degree when I was technically one class short. I told the recruiter that I was one class shy of my degree and she nicely explained to me that American Express verifies everything on my resume and therefore that would look deceptive to a recruiter on paper. I am positive that is why my interview process with that position stopped and I was declined for the position. Between the application and the phone interview, I had to do the online assessment. Make sure you have an uninterrupted, distraction free hour to complete the assessment. It is not terribly difficult, but it did take reading and some serious math skills on my part to finish. I finished the assessment with time left over, and felt good about 90% of my answers.

Interview Questions

• Several questions for this interview were, "Why did you apply for the entry level travel counselor position" "Tell about a time where you provided an extraordinary experience rather than an ordinary experience for someone" "What is your proudest achievement up to this point in your career?" "What is something you are passionate about?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Express (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was a digital interview using hirevue an app. It's basically a recording of yourself that is stored in the hiring teams files and can be watched at their convenience.

Travel Counselor I Interview

Interview

It was a round robin where there were multiple prospective employers interviewing at the same time. You spoke with team leaders, current employees as well as the manager of the division.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Miami, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was a digital interview using hirevue an app. It's basically a recorded interview. It was extremely difficult for me concentrated in the questions when I was watching myself talking to a computer screen. A week after I received a phone call for a second interview. This time, the HR's person was very polite and it was a real pleasure the experience because it was real simple questions about myself and the interest in the Travel field.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express (Lawrenceville, GA).

Interview

The interview process was easy and pretty straightforward. There will be an assessment, virtual, and what they called a round robin where 3-4 other applicants will move from table to table answering questions from HR. The assessment asked about 10-15 questions. virtual interview asked 5 questions which you may take on your phone. The phone interview go over work history and Touch up on questions from the virtual interview. HE will also go over pay, perks and so on

Interview Questions

• If you can travel any where where would it be and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Lawrenceville, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Standard interview filled with questions about past work history, and how it would relate to this job. Do some research and know the blue box values. Make sure you answer every question with the STAR format and you will be successful! Good Luck!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond your job to help a customer who was in need.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to bend or go around policy to satisfy a customer, in what situation is this acceptable if any?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating was possible. Set rate for position.

Travel Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Express in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process is thorough, it takes a total of 3-4 weeks. First you apply and take an assessment, depending on the score of that you are invited to complete a virtual interview, then a phone interview, then a physical interview. The background check is very thorough as well.

Interview Questions

• What was a critical task you encountered with one of your employers in the past, and what did you learn from this task?   Answer Question