American Express Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

American Express Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Nov 17, 2017

112 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Java Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burgess Hill, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Burgess Hill, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

The hiring process consists of a 75 minute online assessment. Once that is cleared, there will be a 30 minute telephonic interview with the hiring team which covers questions around the CV and experience. If successful, they will invite for a 1 hour face-to-face technical interview which includes detailed technical questions and white boarding exercise. Once you pass through, the final round will be with the HR team. They will also do a Background and credit checks for successful candidates.

Initially the HR saw my profile in LinkedIn and approached me. I passed the online test and she forwarded my profile to two teams who interviewed one after another. The first team invited for face-to-face and rejected straightaway as they needed more experienced person. So, the HR forwarded me to the second team who needed a less experienced person. The second team took 1 week to provide the feedback and came up with the same feedback. I had to travel twice to their office which was 2.5-3 hours commute one way for both the interviews and waited 1 month only to get this feedback. They should have considered Skype interview and kept the face-to-face round in the office for the final round, which would have saved a lot of time. All through the process the HR was in constant touch and very responsive to messages and mails, which is one good thing, however, the HR tried to negotiate about the package and salary informally before the feedback from technical team has come out, which seems to be a little odd and unusual. The job specification could have been more clear stating the required years of experience to avoid waste of time.

Interview Questions

• When does one use stored procedure vs Dynamic SQL while working with RDBMS?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager - Digital Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied and within a day I heard from the HR who asked me some general questions of why I wanted to work with AMEX etc. She informed me if the hiring head approves my CV then I would be called in for an interview. I waited for 3 - 4 weeks while being in touch with the recruiter and then was told the role was filled internally. So I found Marketing executive - Digital Acquisition role a couple of weeks later and applied. I got in touch with same recruiter to inform I had applied so she passed the message onto her colleague who was handling the role. Who did some basic checks and within 1 week informed me that the manager would like to interview me. A week later I did the interview and the manager was happy with my but felt I was better suited for managerial role. The HR said we would be in touch for managerial roles, but when I applied they always said they had "very strong internal candidates"

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Express in September 2017.

Interview

I went for the interview which was a mixture of competency based questions and a walk through of my previous roles and experience. The interview went well and I was offered the time after a couple other interviews with HR and someone from the business.

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)).

Interview

phone interview, then 1 hour interview with hiring director and 30 mins interview with VP. Not a difficult interview, they were mostly assessing how you would fit in with the team. HR team were not the most helpful but the external recruiter was.

Interview Questions

• competency questions, CV run through, pre prepared case study   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

A very efficient, fast, and transparent process. One of the most positive experiences I have ever had as a job seeker!
    A recruiter called me after receiving my CV for an initial screening.
    She was extremely professional and after the call she mentioned she would pass my CV to the responsible manager.
    She called me back within 2 hours to arrange an interview for the following week.
    I met the responsible manager and we had a very relaxed conversation about my past experiences: I was asked about some specific scenarios, and I was presented with a concrete situation and a problem and asked about my approach to solve the issues at hand.
    After a week, the recruiter called me back with a very detailed and very helpful feedback: she explained clearly what were my strengths and the weaknesses according to the report from the manager, and why they have decided not to progress with my application.
    Everything was fast and clear, and the I find the feedback call from the recruiter a very thoughtful and helpful touch.
    Although I was not selected, I could learn a lot from the experience and felt appreciated.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

I met their recruiters in a job fair in canary wharf, and they talked me into applying, it was easy, no hassle, nice panel, had an online assessment, the phone interview, the assessment day in their office, and then another round of interview with dept manager. basically, everything was fine, except the salary negotiations did not go the way i wanted, so i refused their offer.

Travel Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

Applied online, was shortly after contacted by recruitment team, where I was asked for a telephone interview. After this telephone interview I was invited to an on-site interview. The whole process was very professional and thought out. The recruitment team were very friendly and made everything easy.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you have shown great customer service and consideration for individuals needs.   2 Answers

Spanish Customer Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Brighton, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

I had 2 interviews by phone . First interview quite easy and I was going to have the interview face to face but the manager felt sick and I couldn´t make the interview face to face and I lost my ticket train ( 35 GBP) . Then I did my second interview for skype and it was good . They told me that they contact with me in about 5 days and they called me 2 weeks later with a message in voicemail. " I have your feedback of the interview"... but she tell me anything and I had to wait 4 days more to tell me : oh I loved your CV and profile but we chose other person... Do you want more details...? Pathetic...

Interview Questions

• star questions :
      1: Give me a example when you had to share your knowledge   Answer Question

Customer Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express (Brighton, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

1st interview - Phone interview - 15 min on language level. Received answer after 2 weeks that I was scheduled for the 2nd interview which was F2F. After 3 weeks I got the positive feedback that I was considered for the position. I recieved the offer letter and had to fill in an online application form for the background check. The online form takes very long in filling in. It's very thorough but tedious. Goes back 5yrs of former employers and you have to provide contacts for each of them. It takes about 2 weeks to do the background verification. HR department outsourced in Czech Rep, very supportive and responsive. It took about 1,5 months overall until final ok.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example when you had to come up with a solution for a particular situation... (problem solving skills)   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a conflict situation within the team?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Brighton, England (UK)).

Interview

A logical\math\verbal test that takes approximately 2 hours to complete, then a HireView interview with recorded questions and a whole day assessment center comprising 4 personal interviews, a personal case (the most difficult task of the whole process) and a group case.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time you had a difficulty but you manage to overcome it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a negative feedback and you manage to improve your performance thanks to it.   Answer Question