American Express Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

American Express Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Apr 28, 2017

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Brighton, England (UK)).

Interview

A logical\math\verbal test that takes approximately 2 hours to complete, then a HireView interview with recorded questions and a whole day assessment center comprising 4 personal interviews, a personal case (the most difficult task of the whole process) and a group case.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time you had a difficulty but you manage to overcome it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a negative feedback and you manage to improve your performance thanks to it.   Answer Question

Account Protection Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Express in March 2017.

Interview

The application process has several stages:
    1) Online application
    2) Telephone conversation during which the job is explaine din more detail, some basic interview questions are asked and then a quick check of CV the dates, companies and positions, when the applicant has to formally confirm all of that information is performed
    3) Digital interview- a link will be e-mailed to you to record yourself answering 5 pre-recorded questions - this takes about 15 minutes; there is an option to test the system and enusre that it works
    4) Personal interview at the company

SummerMarketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)).

Interview

They were so fast in sending me the online test to complete (1hour) and following passing the test I received the video interview. Most people find it so strange but you are simply recording answers to their questions, most simple but one more challenging question where you think on the spot. I found out soon after that I had got the assessment centre and was delighted.

They only arranged my travel and hotel the day before - very stressful

AC was challenging but enjoyed it (8:30 am - 4pm)

They said they would call me 1 week later

I was called 1 week later but they said they didn't have a decision and would call in 2 weeks - this was very upsetting but I was patient

Called over 2 weeks later to a response that I didn't get the job and at this stage I couldn't be given any feedback - disappointing

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Interviews are competency based so have your examples ready. You will also need to have some idea about the industry and the company's position. It's a bonus if you know about regulation in the industry. If you are interviewing for Finance, read the annual report.

Senior Manager, Strategic Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Consulting cases and fit, half and half. Cases generally had both quant and qualitative aspects. Expect behavioural questions (situational) and motivation questions. Each interview is 50minutes. Round 1 has 2 interviews. Round 2 has another 2. Round 3 is a final round with a VP.

Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Initial Screening:
    CV upload and Online application form

Recorded/Webcam Interview:
    Answer a series of question in a recorded webcam automated interview.
    Answer a few simple coding challenges.

On Site Assessment consisted of three separates part:
    1. Group Exercise: A team activity - probably to assess how you interact with team members under certain environments.
    2. Technical Interview: Go through a mock 'SCRUM' like environment, given a few user stories, pick one and work through it with your paired programmer
    3. Personal Interview: Everything about you - go through your CV & life in detail, explain everything, some questions about how you dealt with a particular situation before, etc.

Interview Questions

• What is you biggest weakness? How do you counteract this?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

Interview

Phone Interview first, then second is a face to face understand detail of company and job and person interviewing, then a deep dive into Skills and job application relevance for the role, possible role play but not always

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of - scenario situations etc.   1 Answer

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express in December 2016.

Interview

1) Apply with a CV
    2) Numerical, Verbal and SJT tests online (untimed)
    3) Digital Interview online ( 5 questions , you have 30 sec to prepare and 3 minutes to answer)
    In general it was fairly easy

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Brighton, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

1. I applied online with CV and Cover Letter
    2. I did some numerical test and logical ones (pretty easy)
    3. I did an online interview (through HireView), competency-based and "what would you do if..."-like questions
    4. Assessment centre in Brighton with 2 competency-based and background-based interviews, 1 individual case (not very hard, but there's few time plus you run the risk not to analyze all the details carefully if you rush too much --> I got flunk for that :/ ) and 1 group assignment (my experience was terrible, with people talking one over the other in order to emerge and overcome the others, completely unkind).

In the end, interviewers are very good people (kind, fun and easygoing) BUT some parts of the process can bring you some difficulties (especially the group project)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation you solved a relational problem and came out with a new solution.   Answer Question

Business Development Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Told what was occurring a few weeks before the assessment centre, nothing to prepare for in advance, just revise your competency questions and research the company. Very friendly staff and sympathetic towards nerves (because as assessment centres go, this was early, so everyone was a first-timer). 2 competency interviews - 1 scenarios and other motivation for Amex and B/d. 1 group case study - prioritisation and contribution are key here. 1 individual presentation - study for 45 minutes and present for around 10. Breakfast, networking and lunch. All around a good day, requires focus throughout the day.