American Express Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

2.9

45 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

A very efficient, fast, and transparent process. One of the most positive experiences I have ever had as a job seeker!
    A recruiter called me after receiving my CV for an initial screening.
    She was extremely professional and after the call she mentioned she would pass my CV to the responsible manager.
    She called me back within 2 hours to arrange an interview for the following week.
    I met the responsible manager and we had a very relaxed conversation about my past experiences: I was asked about some specific scenarios, and I was presented with a concrete situation and a problem and asked about my approach to solve the issues at hand.
    After a week, the recruiter called me back with a very detailed and very helpful feedback: she explained clearly what were my strengths and the weaknesses according to the report from the manager, and why they have decided not to progress with my application.
    Everything was fast and clear, and the I find the feedback call from the recruiter a very thoughtful and helpful touch.
    Although I was not selected, I could learn a lot from the experience and felt appreciated.

Spanish Customer Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Brighton, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

I had 2 interviews by phone . First interview quite easy and I was going to have the interview face to face but the manager felt sick and I couldn´t make the interview face to face and I lost my ticket train ( 35 GBP) . Then I did my second interview for skype and it was good . They told me that they contact with me in about 5 days and they called me 2 weeks later with a message in voicemail. " I have your feedback of the interview"... but she tell me anything and I had to wait 4 days more to tell me : oh I loved your CV and profile but we chose other person... Do you want more details...? Pathetic...

Interview Questions

• star questions :
      1: Give me a example when you had to share your knowledge   Answer Question

Account Protection Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Express in March 2017.

Interview

The application process has several stages:
    1) Online application
    2) Telephone conversation during which the job is explaine din more detail, some basic interview questions are asked and then a quick check of CV the dates, companies and positions, when the applicant has to formally confirm all of that information is performed
    3) Digital interview- a link will be e-mailed to you to record yourself answering 5 pre-recorded questions - this takes about 15 minutes; there is an option to test the system and enusre that it works
    4) Personal interview at the company

SummerMarketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)).

Interview

They were so fast in sending me the online test to complete (1hour) and following passing the test I received the video interview. Most people find it so strange but you are simply recording answers to their questions, most simple but one more challenging question where you think on the spot. I found out soon after that I had got the assessment centre and was delighted.

They only arranged my travel and hotel the day before - very stressful

AC was challenging but enjoyed it (8:30 am - 4pm)

They said they would call me 1 week later

I was called 1 week later but they said they didn't have a decision and would call in 2 weeks - this was very upsetting but I was patient

Called over 2 weeks later to a response that I didn't get the job and at this stage I couldn't be given any feedback - disappointing

Senior Manager, Strategic Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Consulting cases and fit, half and half. Cases generally had both quant and qualitative aspects. Expect behavioural questions (situational) and motivation questions. Each interview is 50minutes. Round 1 has 2 interviews. Round 2 has another 2. Round 3 is a final round with a VP.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express in December 2016.

Interview

1) Apply with a CV
    2) Numerical, Verbal and SJT tests online (untimed)
    3) Digital Interview online ( 5 questions , you have 30 sec to prepare and 3 minutes to answer)
    In general it was fairly easy

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Brighton, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

1. I applied online with CV and Cover Letter
    2. I did some numerical test and logical ones (pretty easy)
    3. I did an online interview (through HireView), competency-based and "what would you do if..."-like questions
    4. Assessment centre in Brighton with 2 competency-based and background-based interviews, 1 individual case (not very hard, but there's few time plus you run the risk not to analyze all the details carefully if you rush too much --> I got flunk for that :/ ) and 1 group assignment (my experience was terrible, with people talking one over the other in order to emerge and overcome the others, completely unkind).

In the end, interviewers are very good people (kind, fun and easygoing) BUT some parts of the process can bring you some difficulties (especially the group project)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation you solved a relational problem and came out with a new solution.   Answer Question

Business Development Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Told what was occurring a few weeks before the assessment centre, nothing to prepare for in advance, just revise your competency questions and research the company. Very friendly staff and sympathetic towards nerves (because as assessment centres go, this was early, so everyone was a first-timer). 2 competency interviews - 1 scenarios and other motivation for Amex and B/d. 1 group case study - prioritisation and contribution are key here. 1 individual presentation - study for 45 minutes and present for around 10. Breakfast, networking and lunch. All around a good day, requires focus throughout the day.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

Interview

Application process took around a month. Online application, video questionnaire, psychological test, coding test, on-site interview.

The HQ environment is very friendly, everyone seems passionate about their job. Accommodation and welcoming is very pleasant.

The interview process was, however, not as enjoyable. There is immense pressure and competition even though you are assured that everyone has the chance to be hired. Truth is, only the "future leader" types will be hired. There were around 30 people in one tour of hiring, presumably 30 more on another one. On the other hand, there were only 12 or so intern places leaving your chances at around the 20% mark.

The on-site interview was split into 4 parts:
    Technical assessment, Group exercise, Experience/CV based interview, Senior Panel meeting.

Overall, a place worth trying your luck at, however, don't place all your bets on it.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

i applied online then got an online test to do in any language which quite challenging. After that i was invited for the assessment centre. Assessment centre was in brighton and their amazing building.