American Express Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 26, 2017

2.8

SummerMarketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)).

Interview

They were so fast in sending me the online test to complete (1hour) and following passing the test I received the video interview. Most people find it so strange but you are simply recording answers to their questions, most simple but one more challenging question where you think on the spot. I found out soon after that I had got the assessment centre and was delighted.

They only arranged my travel and hotel the day before - very stressful

AC was challenging but enjoyed it (8:30 am - 4pm)

They said they would call me 1 week later

I was called 1 week later but they said they didn't have a decision and would call in 2 weeks - this was very upsetting but I was patient

Called over 2 weeks later to a response that I didn't get the job and at this stage I couldn't be given any feedback - disappointing

Senior Manager, Strategic Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Consulting cases and fit, half and half. Cases generally had both quant and qualitative aspects. Expect behavioural questions (situational) and motivation questions. Each interview is 50minutes. Round 1 has 2 interviews. Round 2 has another 2. Round 3 is a final round with a VP.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express in December 2016.

Interview

1) Apply with a CV
    2) Numerical, Verbal and SJT tests online (untimed)
    3) Digital Interview online ( 5 questions , you have 30 sec to prepare and 3 minutes to answer)
    In general it was fairly easy

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Brighton, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

1. I applied online with CV and Cover Letter
    2. I did some numerical test and logical ones (pretty easy)
    3. I did an online interview (through HireView), competency-based and "what would you do if..."-like questions
    4. Assessment centre in Brighton with 2 competency-based and background-based interviews, 1 individual case (not very hard, but there's few time plus you run the risk not to analyze all the details carefully if you rush too much --> I got flunk for that :/ ) and 1 group assignment (my experience was terrible, with people talking one over the other in order to emerge and overcome the others, completely unkind).

In the end, interviewers are very good people (kind, fun and easygoing) BUT some parts of the process can bring you some difficulties (especially the group project)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation you solved a relational problem and came out with a new solution.   Answer Question

Business Development Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Told what was occurring a few weeks before the assessment centre, nothing to prepare for in advance, just revise your competency questions and research the company. Very friendly staff and sympathetic towards nerves (because as assessment centres go, this was early, so everyone was a first-timer). 2 competency interviews - 1 scenarios and other motivation for Amex and B/d. 1 group case study - prioritisation and contribution are key here. 1 individual presentation - study for 45 minutes and present for around 10. Breakfast, networking and lunch. All around a good day, requires focus throughout the day.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, England (UK)

Application

Interview

Application process took around a month. Online application, video questionnaire, psychological test, coding test, on-site interview.

The HQ environment is very friendly, everyone seems passionate about their job. Accommodation and welcoming is very pleasant.

The interview process was, however, not as enjoyable. There is immense pressure and competition even though you are assured that everyone has the chance to be hired. Truth is, only the "future leader" types will be hired. There were around 30 people in one tour of hiring, presumably 30 more on another one. On the other hand, there were only 12 or so intern places leaving your chances at around the 20% mark.

The on-site interview was split into 4 parts:
    Technical assessment, Group exercise, Experience/CV based interview, Senior Panel meeting.

Overall, a place worth trying your luck at, however, don't place all your bets on it.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express in November 2016.

Interview

First there was an online application. This was followed by online numerical and verbal tests. The next stage was a video Interview. You have 30 seconds to prepare each question as they pop up on the screen, you then record your answer of 3-5 minutes (depending on the question). There were 6 questions. This will then be submitted and reviewed. The assessment day was due to be held a week after I took the test. I heard that I had not passed the evening before.

Interview Questions

• Q: What makes you suited to a career in marketing?
      Q: Explain a challenge you've overcome.
      Answer Question

Strategic Planning Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

This was a pre-screen call for their MBA internal strategy role. Short (10 min) phone screen to see if they want to bring you in for a full interview. The questions were pretty standard as it really was a very short call. From here, you'll find out fairly shortly whether or not they'll call you in for the full interview.

Interview Questions

• Why American Express? Why SPG?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview began with a walk through of my CV. This was followed by general competancy questions. This was followed by a presentation of analysis completed in a previous role. I guess they were looking to get a sense of each candidates analytical skills. Finally, it finished with questions for the interviewers.

Project Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online
    Two days later I been asked to attend a screening
    Screening was easy and took about 30 minutes
    I did not receive any info what happened even though I asked twice. I took another job