American Express Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

American Express Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Aug 15, 2017

108 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)).

Interview

phone interview, then 1 hour interview with hiring director and 30 mins interview with VP. Not a difficult interview, they were mostly assessing how you would fit in with the team. HR team were not the most helpful but the external recruiter was.

Interview Questions

• competency questions, CV run through, pre prepared case study   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

A very efficient, fast, and transparent process. One of the most positive experiences I have ever had as a job seeker!
    A recruiter called me after receiving my CV for an initial screening.
    She was extremely professional and after the call she mentioned she would pass my CV to the responsible manager.
    She called me back within 2 hours to arrange an interview for the following week.
    I met the responsible manager and we had a very relaxed conversation about my past experiences: I was asked about some specific scenarios, and I was presented with a concrete situation and a problem and asked about my approach to solve the issues at hand.
    After a week, the recruiter called me back with a very detailed and very helpful feedback: she explained clearly what were my strengths and the weaknesses according to the report from the manager, and why they have decided not to progress with my application.
    Everything was fast and clear, and the I find the feedback call from the recruiter a very thoughtful and helpful touch.
    Although I was not selected, I could learn a lot from the experience and felt appreciated.

Travel Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

Applied online, was shortly after contacted by recruitment team, where I was asked for a telephone interview. After this telephone interview I was invited to an on-site interview. The whole process was very professional and thought out. The recruitment team were very friendly and made everything easy.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you have shown great customer service and consideration for individuals needs.   2 Answers

Spanish Customer Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Brighton, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

I had 2 interviews by phone . First interview quite easy and I was going to have the interview face to face but the manager felt sick and I couldn´t make the interview face to face and I lost my ticket train ( 35 GBP) . Then I did my second interview for skype and it was good . They told me that they contact with me in about 5 days and they called me 2 weeks later with a message in voicemail. " I have your feedback of the interview"... but she tell me anything and I had to wait 4 days more to tell me : oh I loved your CV and profile but we chose other person... Do you want more details...? Pathetic...

Interview Questions

• star questions :
      1: Give me a example when you had to share your knowledge   Answer Question

Customer Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express (Brighton, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

1st interview - Phone interview - 15 min on language level. Received answer after 2 weeks that I was scheduled for the 2nd interview which was F2F. After 3 weeks I got the positive feedback that I was considered for the position. I recieved the offer letter and had to fill in an online application form for the background check. The online form takes very long in filling in. It's very thorough but tedious. Goes back 5yrs of former employers and you have to provide contacts for each of them. It takes about 2 weeks to do the background verification. HR department outsourced in Czech Rep, very supportive and responsive. It took about 1,5 months overall until final ok.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example when you had to come up with a solution for a particular situation... (problem solving skills)   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a conflict situation within the team?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Brighton, England (UK)).

Interview

A logical\math\verbal test that takes approximately 2 hours to complete, then a HireView interview with recorded questions and a whole day assessment center comprising 4 personal interviews, a personal case (the most difficult task of the whole process) and a group case.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time you had a difficulty but you manage to overcome it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a negative feedback and you manage to improve your performance thanks to it.   Answer Question

Account Protection Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Express in March 2017.

Interview

The application process has several stages:
    1) Online application
    2) Telephone conversation during which the job is explaine din more detail, some basic interview questions are asked and then a quick check of CV the dates, companies and positions, when the applicant has to formally confirm all of that information is performed
    3) Digital interview- a link will be e-mailed to you to record yourself answering 5 pre-recorded questions - this takes about 15 minutes; there is an option to test the system and enusre that it works
    4) Personal interview at the company

SummerMarketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)).

Interview

They were so fast in sending me the online test to complete (1hour) and following passing the test I received the video interview. Most people find it so strange but you are simply recording answers to their questions, most simple but one more challenging question where you think on the spot. I found out soon after that I had got the assessment centre and was delighted.

They only arranged my travel and hotel the day before - very stressful

AC was challenging but enjoyed it (8:30 am - 4pm)

They said they would call me 1 week later

I was called 1 week later but they said they didn't have a decision and would call in 2 weeks - this was very upsetting but I was patient

Called over 2 weeks later to a response that I didn't get the job and at this stage I couldn't be given any feedback - disappointing

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Interviews are competency based so have your examples ready. You will also need to have some idea about the industry and the company's position. It's a bonus if you know about regulation in the industry. If you are interviewing for Finance, read the annual report.

Senior Manager, Strategic Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Consulting cases and fit, half and half. Cases generally had both quant and qualitative aspects. Expect behavioural questions (situational) and motivation questions. Each interview is 50minutes. Round 1 has 2 interviews. Round 2 has another 2. Round 3 is a final round with a VP.