American Federation of Teachers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at American Federation of Teachers

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at American Federation of Teachers

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at American Federation of Teachers.

Interview

Big lag time between first and final interview. President has to interview everyone. This sounds great in theory. But unpredictability makes it hard to know when to tell other employer, which can mean burning bridges or rough transition.

Communications Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at American Federation of Teachers (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was normal, more or less. I sat in a room with the whole marcom team and they asked me a typical series of questions. They were a smart group, and experienced, but their methodology for communications and marketing was old-school. They were really proud of their printed newspaper... Their questions referred mostly to my resume and past experiences, with the usual "biggest challenge," "proudest moment" questions thrown in.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about data collection/analytics?   2 Answers

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Federation of Teachers.

Interview

Simple phone interview with supervisor - approximately 30-45 minutes

Interview Questions

• Have to know a lot about the organization - make connections with personal life/experiences   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Federation of Teachers.

Interview

Email resume, cover letter and writing sample. Heard back from them after about a month. Got called in for an interview, asked the standard question. Tell me more about yourself, education, skills...elaborate on your resume. Was informed that the internship would be for a year. Got an email that same day offering me a position as an Intern.