American Financial Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at American Financial Resources

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at American Financial Resources

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Financial Resources in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. The first step was to talk to the recruiter over the phone to know more about the role and so she can get to know you and your interests in more detail. The next step was an in person interview with the recruiter and manager of the department you applied for.

Interview Questions

American Financial Resources Response

Jun 6, 2017 – CAO

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate when someone takes the time to write about their experience with us. Not only does it allow for AFR to continue to refine our processes, it is also great... More

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Financial Resources (Mount Laurel, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job, got a response pretty quickly. The process was relatively easy to go through. There were no major hurdles to go through. The interviewed was great to work with.

Interview Questions

• All the questions related to my job as an underwriter   1 Answer

Help Desk Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Financial Resources.

Interview

Interview process was professional informative and very comfortable. Interviewed with one person.
    Very honest manager and straight forward not BS. Great person to talk to. interview process was about getting to know who I was as well as how I worked with others.

Interview Questions

• Am I ok with customer service and if so how many year experience do I have.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Financial Resources (Parsippany, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

Quick. Maybe 20 minutes. Guy likes to not even talk much about your resume. Just kinda gives it straight and talks with you. If you are applying for credit analyst you will receive a phone call from department manager of client services.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at American Financial Resources (Parsippany, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

Approximately one-hour initial phone interview with the hiring manager, followed up by a four-hour on-site interview with five different employees (hiring manager, HR, president, and two others). I had a feeling I would not be extended a job offer when the hiring manager did not have the courtesy to walk me out after I met with the last interviewer. The last interview finished up and I was sitting in the conference room for about 10-15 minutes until a receptionist came in and told me the hiring manager was not coming back. The recruiter called me a few days after the on-site interview and mentioned that the total compensation range was now 10% lower than what I was told before the interview process began. I was originally told the process would take 2-3 weeks and it ultimately ended up taking 5 weeks; I truly felt strung along.

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Financial Resources (Parsippany, NJ).

Interview

General company background, role description, laid back conversation type interview. Go over previous experience and characteristics of what post-training roles entail. Two interviews, first a lot more detailed, second involves meeting other directors and going over what they are looking for and why you would be a good fit. All one on one interviews, then there is a group meeting with a few directors and all of the potential candidates that were brought back for the second round.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Financial Resources (Parsippany, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a phone call screening with the HR first and then two short walk-in interviews on the same day, first with the same HR, and second with a senior team member. The HR interview went well. She asked me to talk about myself, while she flipped through my resume. The next interview was a bit trickier. I got the feeling that he had already made up his mind within the first two minutes of the interview. He said I was too technical for the role and he sort of fumbled a bit through exactly what he was looking for. His description was so hazy and somewhat incoherent, I was feeling a bit down later on for wasting my time. If you didn't want someone technical, you should not have called in someone with an IT background. Or maybe there was some other reason they didn't like me. But that's what I felt.

Interview Questions

• Exaplain your resume. Why do you think you need SQL and Excel for a BA role?   Answer Question

Encompass Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Financial Resources (Parsippany, NJ) in April 2013.

Interview

We spoke on the phone for some time, which was followed up with an in-person interview. We also spent some time meeting with other Managers throughout the Company. We followed up with several phone calls and meetings after the initial contact to discuss the terms of the final offer. The End

Interview Questions

• How well do you know Encompass   1 Answer