American Food & Vending Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at American Food & Vending

Associate General Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Food & Vending (Syracuse, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Was called almost immediately for an interview, and scheduled it within a week. First interview was very informal and thus I thought I totally bombed it. The interviewer did not care AT ALL about my current job, nor anything else about my skills. I was asked a few uncomfortable personal questions which, while I think they were harmless in intent, still did not sit well with me. I was told it would take 2 weeks for them to finish the first round of interviews and they would call me back. I got a call about a week later to come back for a lunch meeting... with the same guy. Odd - usually you get to meet other people in the company the second time around. Well, they did spring another lunch guest on me at the last minute, which of course was no problem. The whole second interview was a formality because they offered me the job right on the spot. The whole process was unlike any other that I've experience for law jobs.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, there were none. The focused alot on practical things like hours, pay, and commute.   Answer Question

I declined because the pay and benefits did not match up with the job, in my opinion. Granted, at the time I was not unemployed or otherwise desperate for a job. I have a job that I tolerate and that has better benefits and pay that I can stand for the amount of work I do and stress I have to tolerate. I also did not feel that the higher ups felt that the position was very important, even though it entails handling ALL of the company's legal matters. Lots of stress for little reward - and you don't even get your own office. I also just felt like the place was shady in general and thought little of employees - lots of talking down about food service workers and truck drivers.

Cook Interview

Interview

I applied online and was contacted for an interview I went in and filed out another application with my resume and interview with the gm and then a couple days later was asked to take a drug test. When results came back I was hired on.

Route Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Food & Vending (Liverpool, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

I had seen their hiring in ad continuously in the paper over the years. I e-mailed them my resume. I received a phone call a couple of weeks later asking me to come in for an interview. I went in dressed in a suit an tie. I met with two of the supervisors who gave me provided me with information about the position, took me on a tour of the facility, and asked me most of the standard hiring questions.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I was asked was "Why do you want to work here?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation on anything.

Prep Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Food & Vending.

Interview

Talked alot about job and how long they were with company. And the advaced opportunities. The extra shift you could pick up. With diffrent companies. They also gave duties and schedule asked if you had anything that would keep you from making the comminment. She called me on the phone and we talked about job. Had to wait awhile to find out i had job. Training was just jumping in and getting in and getting things done and

Interview Questions

• What experiance do you have?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just told me the pay i said ok

Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Food & Vending (Syracuse, NY) in May 2019.

Interview

The interview process was very brief as I was hired on the spot. I came in, spoke to someone in HR and then met with my would-be supervisor. Overall, the process took around 30 minutes and I had the offer letter within 2 weeks once my drug test, references and background check went through.