American Funds Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Funds Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2017

3.4

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Funds.

Interview

- initial phone call screen
    - in office interview that includes two one one interviews with a manager, a tour of facility and a demo
    - background check and job offer

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Funds.

Interview

It was long. Met with a few different people. And I didn't find out I got the job until a couple months later. I had kind of written it off. But that was a long time ago so things are probably quicker now

Interview Questions

• What was a project you worked on and felt you didn't get the proper acknowledgement or grade?   Answer Question

Client Service Representative Interview

Interview

After 4 interviews each time with different people I received a form letter to let me know I wouldn't be receiving an offer and my resume would be kept on file. After 4 interviews some personal feedback would be nice, but some places don't even do that much.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position? (Asked 4 times)   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Funds (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

Spoke to them at a Community Job Fair. Was added to a list after a preliminary interview. Was contacted about 2 days later to set up a time for an interview. Interviewed by one person who asked if I had time to do any additional testing or interviews. I let her know that I could do anything needed that day. She had me take a typing test and an easy math test. She then asked if I had time for another interview. I stayed and interviewed with the general manager of another site. They told me they would contact me within a few days.
    I received another call at some point about a missing employer on my application.
    Within 2 days they called with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell of a time when you went above what was expected to help your client.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Funds (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

Starts with phone interview to identify candidate true interest and includes at least two behavioral questions. If the candidate gets moved along the next step is a face to face with at least two HR hiring associates which goes into detailed behavioral questions and review of experience. If you pass this process you will meet with at least one hiring manager who will ask questions more geared to the role you are interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had an escalated service related issue, what was it, how did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Senior Internal Wholesaler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Funds (Irvine, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a very long process, many phone interviews and finally the face to face. It is fairly straightforward. You will need to have a tenuous grasp of their fund lineup and what American Funds is about so do your research prior to the interview on their Capital System.

However, they go dark for an extended period of time AFTER offering you the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you judge your performance level at your current job   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Funds in February 2015.

Interview

Spoke to upper management about how to handle phone calls. Not much discussion of industry experience. They didn't spend a lot of time going over what the actual position was. Spoke more about the company culture

Interview Questions

Interview

The interview and hiring process is lengthy and quite involved. Be prepared to be asked questions and talk about your work history and be willing to submit to a background check. The process will probably take a couple of months before they offer a job to you.

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Funds (Carmel, IN) in January 2014.

Interview

Was originally Contacted by a recruiter. I had one phone screening with the recruiter, as well as one phone interview with HR or Recruiter . One week later a three hour Interview in Person on-site. Offer was provided after a week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult time you had working with another employee...   Answer Question

Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at American Funds (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very involved. Screening interview followed by 3-4 in person interviews with various business leaders. Reference check was very extensive, each reference described their calls as if they were trying to be hired for the role. Background check performed, but no drug test which I found odd with the sensitivity and risk involved in financial services.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very behavior/scenario based. Preparation with exact examples is important to illustrate thought process and decision making quality.   Answer Question