American Girl Doll Hair Stylist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Girl Doll Hair Stylist Interview Questions

Interviews at American Girl

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Girl (Charlotte, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

Once the application is submitted you will receive a phone call to set up the interview. You arrive at the store and meet with the manager in charge of the department your job would be under. They give you a tour of the store and the services offered. The interview itself is short and sweet.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working with hair styling?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for American Girl

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Girl (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

quick interview, went to open interview and hired on spot, asked a lot of questions that i cant remember. The guy was really friendly and open to hear stories. Made you feel comfortable and relaxed.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Girl (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was myself, and about 6 other prospective employees, 3 management people with different titles i cant remember interviewing us. The asked about 7 questions and we went around and answered them.

Interview Questions

• Using your skills and personality what is one word that describes what you will bring to the company?   1 Answer
    • How would you define customer service?   Answer Question
    • How did you overcome a difficult situation whether at school or work   Answer Question
    • What does good customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Girl (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online, and I heard back from them right away. They first wanted to ask me a few questions on the phone, and then asked if I could come in for an interview. The questions they asked on the phone were surprisingly detailed, as they asked about my past jobs and how they related to customer service. The questions in person were about how I got along with people and what I would do about various issues that might arise on a typical day.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question on the phone was "describe a time you turned a negative experience into a positive experience." The most unexpected question in person was "what do you do when you don't get along with someone you work with?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

I mostly negotiated my hours. I am a part time seasonal employee, so I hope they keep me on for after the holiday season!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Girl (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

There was two interviews phone and then physical one. The interview process was really good its not difficult at all. When you go for your personal interview most times they give you the application to fill it out there.

Interview Questions

• Your relief for the pm shift has not arrived and you have class at a specific time what do you do?   Answer Question

Doll Hair Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Girl.

Interview

At first I went to the actual store thinking that is where interviews are held, but they are not. Interviews are held at head quarters. I was asked a few questions and was hired on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Girl (Columbus, OH) in November 2015.

Interview

Uh, well the interviewer asked me a few easy questions, and she decided she liked my personality and hired me on the spot. We clicked instantly, and she gave me a schedule and I came in about 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• Why have you left previous employers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Girl (Orlando, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

I sat down with the assistant manager at the time. She had asked me several questions about my previous job and I answered them to the best that I could. Then she gave me a job.

Interview Questions

• What was the best moment at a job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Girl (New York, NY) in November 2018.

Interview

Yesterday Nov 16th 2018 , I attended a hiring event in NYC . As soon as I entered the store I was greeted and directed to the event . The store was very clean and ALOT of childern with there parents . My interview was a quick and easy process . I was hired on the spot ! I was very happy about this !