American Girl Graphic Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at American Girl

2.5

Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middleton, WI

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Girl (Middleton, WI) in February 2009.

Interview

I emailed my resume in Feb and got a call in March from HR. We set up an interview time with what would be my future boss. I went to the interview with some work samples, but we ended up just having a really nice conversation about design and the future of design. I was applying for a temporary position so I think that he just wanted to know if I was competent and a good cultural fit. I got the job and was eventually hired full time. Overall it was a good experience. Just be yourself and phrase your answers to support the Situation, Action, Result theory.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. They presented an offer and I needed a job so I took it.

Other Interview Reviews for American Girl

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Girl (Middleton, WI) in September 2014.

Interview

I interviewed at the Middleton, WI location in September 2014. I actually had three interviews that day about three different projects with three project managers. The moment I walked in the door I knew I wanted to work here. The receptionist was very kind. I waited about 20 minutes for the HR person but I didn't mind, I checked out the lovely doll display they had there in the lobby/waiting area. Once the HR person came they showed me around to different departments and talked about the company. It took about 2 hours to do all my interviews. I enjoyed every single employee I met and I couldn't help smile ear to ear. Once the interviews were done I went a reviewed with the HR department. I guess all three liked me but one really liked me and they gave me an offer... unfortunately, the offer was about half what I make now and it was only for an eight month position and not full time like it had listed. This was hard for me because I loved everything about this company and the entire day went well but there was no way I could make salary and part-time position work. I lived in Illinois and would have to relocate and they knew that. Sadly, I had to turn it down. I haven't applied since but I plan to in the near future from a full time position that pays more then right out of college designers. Everything happens for a reason.

Interview Questions

• They asked fairly basis questions which made the interview very nice and easy.   Answer Question