American Girl Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at American Girl

2.3

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middleton, WI

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Girl (Middleton, WI) in June 2008.

Interview

First, there was a 1:1 initial screening with a manager, and then a panel interview the next week with a variety of members of the team.

Interview Questions

• What was an obstacle that you overcame in your previous position ?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Girl (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Went to a open job interview..LOTS of people, very unexpected. I wasn't prepared that day; I had jeans on and a black scoop neck mid-sleeve. I was one of the very last people to be interviewed but I was asked questions about describing myself and about my past jobs. To my surprise, the woman scheduled a 2nd interview for me and told me my attire was alright for that day. We pretty much worked on my time availability schedule since I was flexible, she told me which days they need people the most, etc. Since I've only had a few months of retail experience at that time, I couldn't provide so much experience.

Went in for the 2nd interview all dressed up. The second day was full of different interviewers. I had a pretty young woman interview me and she was asking questions from the booklet, such as what I didn't like about my past jobs and what I know about the company. The interview made me feel very uneasy for some reason. She did a quick background check and told me I was not qualified at the moment. Not so bad but I felt so uncomfortable and I answered all the questions to the best of my ability.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Girl.

Interview

there was a group interview. i was asked why i wanted to work at a place like american girl and my availability. it was pretty easy i thought it was gonna be much harder to be honest.

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Girl (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward and easy. As the job is a low skill labor position, required experience and skills are minimal. These are the types of interviews everyone looks for.

Interview Questions

• What are some things in the past you have done that taught a coworker something new?   1 Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Girl (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Interviewed for a management role and I had 4 different interviews altogether. First was the HR Mgr, second the Asst Store Mgr, third the Store Mgr and finally a Region level manager. A total of 3 weeks from initial to offer. Great interview questions from all the leaders I met with. Very friendly, strong leadership attributes and very pleasant relaxed interview process.

Interview Questions

• Questions are mostly situational and behavior based. They want to know how you can lead a team, develop teams and get them to their next step, customer centric all revolving around leadership competencies. It was very conversational and they all wanted to know who I was a leader and my abilities I would bring to the company. For new leaders, this would be deemed a difficult type of interview but for those seasoned with experience with leadership skills this was easy   Answer Question

Hair Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Girl (Overland Park, KS) in September 2010.

Interview

Initial interview was just after filling out an application (must say "available open to close" all week to even be considered); this was just some of the standard questions asked in an interview (e.g., "Do you work better on a team or by yourself?"). Next was more detailed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Assistant Ops Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Girl (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2014.

Interview

Responded to online job - sent in resume and cover letter. I was contacted within a few days by the store HR Mgr, we had a 30 minute phone interview, then she set me up for an in person interview with the asst store manager.
    I filled out a huge employment app- took about 15-20 minutes, including extra add on sheets.

Interview Questions

• basic questions- eg greatest accomplishments, how would you manage staff, what do you know about AG, Asst Mgr was pleasant but I could tell he had NO desire to hire me. Never looked at my resume at all. I was surprised they called me, since this position is lower than several jobs I've had the past 5-10 years, but I do love the brand!   1 Answer
    • I was also told how special the culture is at AG. Just a statement by 2 people.   1 Answer
    • What time frame do you want to fill this job since its been vacant for 5 months?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Girl (Madison, WI) in September 2014.

Interview

Multiple interviews for one position, Originally interviews for one position and was offered to interview for a different, higher position. Phone screening first followed by in person interview and benefits review. Two more phone interviews followed before position was offered.

Kitchen Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Girl (Natick, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

Great questions and conversation about food service industry. I met with 2 managers at the location and had a brief tour of the facility. I also had a phone screen interview before and after the in person meeting

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you disagreed with a co worker or supervisor and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

SALES CLERK Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Girl.

Interview

A Sales manager or the HR manager will conduct the interview and determine the right fit. There are positions for Stock, Sales, Bistro, Security, Hair Salon, and Visual. All departments require people to be friendly and team players, since the work environment involves constant interpersonal communication.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you didn't get along with one of your co-workers   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pay is set. Must have weekend availability.