American Girl Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at American Girl

2.3

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tysons, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Girl (Tysons, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

I did a application online and the next day was called in for a interview was asked basic questions and was hired on the spot. I Was interviewed by to people they were both friendly and i felt comfortable with the process

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Girl.

Interview

Interview process was simple, got hired on the spot. All you have to do is appear outgoing and eager and they will like you. And you also have to show that you have a lot of confidence.

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Girl (Middleton, WI).

Interview

With the quick response from online application and smooth phone interview process I was very excited to see how Mattel dba American Girl functioned. I was sorely disappointed. It's a cubicle culture full of some decent people, but full of poor management and hence fear. Fear of new ideas, new talent, and those that might shake up that order. The general aggression and flagrant sexism I encountered proved disheartening. I've reported them, be aware that as a man I was attacked several times in questioning by managers claiming I couldn't possibly understand the needs of women or girls. These are the invested people, 10+ years of doing the same job, they have a vested stake in seeing the culture doesn't change. It could be a lovely place.

Interview Questions

• What makes girls different from boys?   1 Answer

I refuse to work under such people and will not subject myself to the emasculating sexism I encountered there, let alone on a daily basis.

Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middleton, WI

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Girl (Middleton, WI) in February 2009.

Interview

I emailed my resume in Feb and got a call in March from HR. We set up an interview time with what would be my future boss. I went to the interview with some work samples, but we ended up just having a really nice conversation about design and the future of design. I was applying for a temporary position so I think that he just wanted to know if I was competent and a good cultural fit. I got the job and was eventually hired full time. Overall it was a good experience. Just be yourself and phrase your answers to support the Situation, Action, Result theory.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. They presented an offer and I needed a job so I took it.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Girl (Middleton, WI) in September 2014.

Interview

I interviewed at the Middleton, WI location in September 2014. I actually had three interviews that day about three different projects with three project managers. The moment I walked in the door I knew I wanted to work here. The receptionist was very kind. I waited about 20 minutes for the HR person but I didn't mind, I checked out the lovely doll display they had there in the lobby/waiting area. Once the HR person came they showed me around to different departments and talked about the company. It took about 2 hours to do all my interviews. I enjoyed every single employee I met and I couldn't help smile ear to ear. Once the interviews were done I went a reviewed with the HR department. I guess all three liked me but one really liked me and they gave me an offer... unfortunately, the offer was about half what I make now and it was only for an eight month position and not full time like it had listed. This was hard for me because I loved everything about this company and the entire day went well but there was no way I could make salary and part-time position work. I lived in Illinois and would have to relocate and they knew that. Sadly, I had to turn it down. I haven't applied since but I plan to in the near future from a full time position that pays more then right out of college designers. Everything happens for a reason.

Interview Questions

• They asked fairly basis questions which made the interview very nice and easy.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Girl.

Interview

Very comfortable atmosphere I was asked to fill out an availability sheet for hours mon-fri and they really do try to work with you there were quite a few scenario questions like what would you do if you had a customer who was unhappy?

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of a time you went above and beyond in your job role?   Answer Question

Order Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Middleton, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Girl (West Middleton, WI).

Interview

Asked about not working December 23rd - 26th, 2017 because already have plane tickets. Was told would not be asked to employ. Offered to cancel trip. My son is a fire fighter for the Air Force in Fort Worth, Texas and this is usually when I see him once a year. Am willing to cancel plane tickets and never spend the holiday season with them and instead go visit other time of year.

Interview Questions

• Asked me how I knew about American Girl and if I knew anyone that worked for the company.   Answer Question

Order Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmot, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Girl (Wilmot, WI) in August 2012.

Interview

There was a typing test and a verbal interview with human services. Then there was a tour of the facility followed by another interview.
    The typing test was easy and short. Mistakes were accepted within a certain range. The interviewer was a very nice person. The facility was bright and cheerful.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. You were offered the company's beginners' hourly salary.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Girl (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

The interview was very prompt and was well organized.I have been apart of many interviews where the interviewer was clearly coming up with question off the top of their head, but The interviewer Angelica was very prepared with her questions as well as what she needed from me.

Interview Questions

• How would you assist a customer with finding an alternative for the doll they request that may be out of stop?   Answer Question

Personal Shopper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Girl (Scottsdale, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

Very easy; was interviewed at job fair, instantly interviewed by second manager, and offered a position on the spot; did not accept due to distance from my house, but the staff were understanding and very receptive and personable in regards to my reasoning.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you exceeded a customer's expectations.   Answer Question
    • What do you know about American girl and what do you think you can add to our team?   Answer Question