American Girl Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Girl Interview Questions

Interviews at American Girl

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Girl (Columbus, OH) in April 2013.

Interview

I began applying for positions roughly three months before the store opened in my city. About two months before the store was slated to grand open I received a call from one of the newly hired managers and. My interview was scheduled during a job fair a week later. When I arrived I had to fill out a lengthy application in addition to having my resume in my hand. I interviewed with the manager that called and scheduled the interview and she hired me on the spot. I filled out and completely finished my new-hire paperwork the same day as well as scheduling my various trainings.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Your pay is based on the position you are offered and your experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at American Girl (Orlando, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

Not a great experience at all! Received an initial interview on the phone earlier in the week and was told to come into an interview at the end of the week (Saturday) knew they were having a job fair and asked if i could come the first day but was told no. Finally Saturday arrived and i get to my interview, had to fill out another application and do the in person interview only to be told that they had already filled their positions and were no longer looking. Why was I given an interview later then other people when you had the intentions of filling the positions before even seeing me? The lady that interviewed me was very nice but the whole time I was sitting there, I was upset. Don't find that professional at all! Not a good experience at all.

Interview Questions

• Would you be okay with applying for other positions?   1 Answer

Interview

walk in. basic retail interview. what is your experience? do you like working with children? past diffuculties in other jobs etc. its pretty straight forward just review on other websites what to expect

Interview Questions

• who do you interact with parent or child on the sales floor?   2 Answers

Negotiation

seasonal 9.50 when you make core its 9.90

Interview

It was a quick one on one interview with basic customer service questions and how you have or would handle certain situations.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Girl (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2014.

Interview

Took about 5 days from me applying online to getting a job offer! I loved that it was so quick. The interview and interviewer were very nice, questions were very easy ex. "How do you deal with difficult customers?" and "Tell me about a time when you excelled at customer service". The interview was maybe 10 minutes, and she offered me the job right after. I stayed for about an hour doing paperwork and touring. Great experience.

Interview Questions

• "What skill have you have had to learn in the workplace, how did you do so?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Girl (Columbus, OH) in May 2013.

Interview

I started in retail and was bored and got no raise had to wait a long times to advice to other job in bitro to get a rase my girls axed me and I always love dolls. I hope to get good discounts.

Interview Questions

• to axe cutomers questions and have to call on phone for appointments. I dont like to talk on phone would prather tex   1 Answer

Negotiation

It took a long time to get to the resturant from retail

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Girl (Columbus, OH) in September 2013.

Interview

It was a one on one interview and it was very intimate and just your basic tell me about yourself style of your past job experience and what situations you were in and how you fixed them,

Interview Questions

• Basic background of yourself, what would you do in this specific situation, how did you handle the problem   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offered the position and pay and turned it in to HR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Girl in June 2014.

Interview

One of the good things of my interview was that two people interview me. It was great because I got to ask questions and see what they both had to say about the company. They both were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• tell me about the time someone gave you a problem at work? how would you solve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They are very good working around your schedule at first.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Girl (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone screening and then called in for an interview . I interviewed with one manager and then spoke with another one. Completed job forms including hours available to work. Then offered a job

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you went above and beyond to help a customer   Answer Question

Took another job closer to home

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Girl (Charlotte, NC) in March 2018.

Interview

Was a typical retail interview. Questions were based a lot on customer experience. Open availability is a huge bonus. Lots of scenario questions. Be ready to recall customer service moments that you may have forgotten because they could become super useful.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to deal with an upset customer and how did you dissolve the issue.   Answer Question