American Girl Merchandise Handler Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Girl Merchandise Handler Interview Questions

Interviews at American Girl

2.0

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Girl (McLean, VA) in April 2013.

Interview

They ask basic interview questions. They want to gauge your comfort level when it comes to working with kids. They emphasis that it's a destination store and people come from other states just to come there. They tell you what to expect if you get the job and they ask you questions at certain points during their overview of the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you like working with kids?
    What previous merchandising experience do you have?
    How do you engage with a customer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Girl

Merchandise Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Girl.

Interview

I applied for the job in the first week of October and recieved a phone call about two weeks later in regards to setting up an interview. All together, the process took about 3 1/2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were really difficult. It's a doll store, so being able to interact with children AND their parents is a plus. Aside from that, the questions were task oriented and simple.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really wasn't a chance to negotiate, the salary was set.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Girl (Columbus, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

Small interview asking me about my skills and why I would be a good team member. Adequate instructions on rules and dress code also explained basic company procedures. Explained dolls and company back ground and development of company.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever been in a situation where I had to solve a dispute?   Answer Question