American Girl Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Girl Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at American Girl

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Girl (Charlotte, NC) in March 2018.

Interview

Was a typical retail interview. Questions were based a lot on customer experience. Open availability is a huge bonus. Lots of scenario questions. Be ready to recall customer service moments that you may have forgotten because they could become super useful.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to deal with an upset customer and how did you dissolve the issue.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Girl

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Girl.

Interview

Managers are nice and friendly, I got hired on the spot because of my outgoing and friendly personality and my sister worked there. It isn't stress inducing at all, in fact it was very low-key as they took me into their back office and asked just a few questons

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at American Girl (Seattle, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

I walked in and droped off a resume. Within 48 hours I recieved a call they did a quick phone screening and I was asked for an interview which I was able to go to the very next day. I was offered the job and accepted at the interview. It was an extremly fast process.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Girl (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

Casual and friendly interview with HR. Discussed previous experience and what the current job would entail. Discussed company culture, salary, days off, etc. A few questions about my background and why I want to work there.

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Girl (Alpharetta, GA) in October 2011.

Interview

I was first contacted via phone where my interest in the position was gauged. I was then invited to a group interview, there were about 10 or so others at the group interview with me for different positions. We filled out some forms before the interview commenced. we had to answer a few questions on a sheet of paper about prior customer service experiences we provided as well as received, and how we liked previous positions. The two interviewers (department managers) had us answer one of the questions on the list out loud, the focus was to make sure that each of us paid attention to each other's answers because we would have to remember them later on.

We were called one by one to go into the next room to turn in our forms, we were told we were all going to be called at a later date if we were to come back in for a one on one interview but I was told on the spot that I was invited to come in to another interview. I came into the one on one interview a few days after, was asked a few questions and hired that day. The one on one interview was with the department manager that would be my direct manager.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a time you received excellent customer service?   Answer Question
    • What past position did you like the most ? least? and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really wasn't any negotiation, it was a Seasonal position and the salary didn't seem dependent on experience etc.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Girl (Columbus, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Prompt and very straight forward. The manager was very easy to talk to and explained the role in detail with the expectations and duties of the job. I was told I would receive a call back within a few days, which they were prompt with doing so.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Girl (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Called on the phone. Asked me to come in for interview then hired on the spot! Just smile and be honest.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offfered good salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Girl (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Called a recruitment number that was unreliable

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Girl (Houston, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

I was called a few days after submitting an application online. I was asked to come into the store for an interview with the manager. It was laid back and she just asked a few basic questions concerning my experience and reasons for wanting the job. I was notified within a short time after that I got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Girl (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

"Summer/seasonal"
    The interview process took two days. American Doll was hosting open phone screening. I called it was a short 3-5 minutes conversation. They asked how long I worked at my last job and to describe some of the day to day task I do there, I was offered an interview. The following day I attended an interview. Candidates were told to arrive early to fill out there application. After filling out the application a current employee would come to interview you. The interview was about 5-10 minutes. Afterwards the interviewer stepped aside for a moment while she spoke with a group of American Doll Associates. I was offered a position on the spot and then scheduled for training.

Note/Tips:
    1.Be 40-60 minutes early if you are asked to fill out an application. I overheard a conversation of an interviewer being turned away because they weren't on time to do paperwork.

2. Have a question or two prepared to ask after the interview. My interviewer was really intrigued by one of my questions and it led to extended conversation not just a yes/no answer.

3. Know your past jobs duties, examples, experiences etc...you will discuss them and it will be used to see where you fit in a department.
    (Oh make sure your examples, have outcomes)

4. Three training schedules before you can get your official schedule and you can be terminated at training for dress code/ timeliness etc....

5. There will and/or may be other people in the room at your interview. The may not be interviewing but the interviewer will talk to them before hiring you so be nice and great everyone. They also hear the whole interview if they aren't interviewing other people.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you came together to work as a team?
      What was the outcome   1 Answer
    • Describe a past conflict you had?
      How did you attempt to resolve it
      What was the outcome   1 Answer
    • What's your greatest accomplishment?   1 Answer
    • Describe your past job experiences?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you gave great customer service?
      "Phone screening "   1 Answer