American Girl Sales Lead Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Girl Sales Lead Interview Questions

Interviews at American Girl

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Girl (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

They have a packet full of several open ended questions and they ask you two from each page. They're pretty standard. You have to pass a background check and a drug test, I think.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you went above and beyond to help a customer, coworker, or friend.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Girl

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Girl (Kansas City, MO) in July 2012.

Interview

After submitting an application online, I heard back from the HR dept a day later. The woman left me a voicemail, describing that she wanted to set up an in-person interview. I called her back, and asked if I could have a phone interview (I am in Maryland, the position was in Kansas). She said that was fine, and we set up an appointment later that week.

She called right on time, and started with a couple of really basic introduction questions. Then, she spent about 40 minutes asking questions that I thought were EXTREMELY difficult considering this was basically an entry-level position that only required a high school diploma. Of course, I can't remember most of these questions.

I didn't do very well on the interview, or so I thought. About a week later, I got a phone call asking to set up another phone interview. When the time for the second interview came, they called right on time. Again, I thought the questions were pretty tricky considering this was an entry level position. However, I had done a little more research this time, so I was more prepared. The interview ended up lasting about an hour, and they said they would let me know within a week or so.

Sales Lead Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Girl in February 2009.

Interview

Very Easy, Used general HR questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Girl (Tysons, VA).

Interview

I found the ad for a Sales Lead on Craigslist. I had to follow up a few times before I got a response. When I did, the HR person was pretty unprofessional. Literally, the reply was "r U sure U want this job?? It is hourly?? No signature - nothing. I suppose that was a clue to the professionalism of the store. Anyway, went to the first interview with the Assistant Store Manager, and of the three people I met, she seemed the nicest. Next was the manager, and she didn't seem to be at all familiar with my resume, or with American Girl for that matter. The third interview was with who would become my supervisor, and first, she was 20 minutes late, without informing me or apologizing, then she spent the interview ranting about how it was a "toxic" work environment because what the company says and what it does are two different things, and her main complaint? They made it so difficult to fire people. I asked about their training and discipline process, and she literally gave me a blank stare. Apparently there is only hiring and firing in their world. It was a sad experience.

Interview Questions

• What was unexpected was not any particular question, but how disorganized and strangely hostile towards employees the interviewer(s) seemed. There is a problem employee in almost every workplace, but if you think all your employees need to be fired, you are probably the problem, not them. The third interviewer in particular seemed to have no awareness of how she was coming across, or that an interview isn't just about the employer selecting an employee, but also vice versa. I expected more from what I would consider a more 'upscale' or sophisticated company.   Answer Question

It seemed like a somewhat disorganized, drama-filled environment. I may have misjudged, but didn't want to risk finding out.