American Greetings Interview Questions in Cleveland, OH | Glassdoor

Updated May 2, 2017

2.7

Summer Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Greetings (Cleveland, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

The whole process took me about 2 months but the company messed up with their recruitment policy. I applied online, went through the phone interview with the manager, got offered the internship, and waited for another 2 weeks for HR's background check. Until April did the HR person withdraw their offer and disqualify me for needing a work sponsorship in the future, but not during this summer internship. The worst part was that they didn't bother checking this ahead before offering me the job, and wait until it's too late for me to find another summer job to give me the update. It was very difficult contacting them through email and the manager who interviewed me didn't bother to reply to me in the end.

Interview Questions

• What would you do with a task for which the manager didn't give clear objectives or directions?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Greetings (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Behavioral Based interviewing in front of a panel of interviewers. Multiple interviews and they all score you and have a consensus meeting to choose candidate. Depending on level of position, it could lead to one on one with management

PT Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Greetings (Cleveland, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Easy, Laid back. Not a lot goes into this job. Just have to be somewhat organized and be able to manage your time. Interview was typical. Why would you like to work for this company, what are your goals etc. Met at a Starbucks to discuss. Never saw the main HQ.

Interview Questions

• If able to carry boxes and manage time.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Greetings (Cleveland, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview process was fairly long. I met with several other employees across multiple job functions, including other Business Analysts. All were pretty friendly and approachable, and nobody wasted my time. The whole thing took about 2 hours total. Answered soft-skills as well as technical questions, but nothing that was abnormal or unusual. I received several follow-up calls over the next 2 weeks before receiving (and accepting) an offer.

Interview Questions

• Without giving a cop-out answer, what is your REAL weakness as an employee?   Answer Question

Design Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Greetings (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Conducted a quick phone interview followed up by a one on one interview with HR and hiring manager. Follow up interview with future colleagues. Received offer from HR about a week later.

Interview Questions

• The question was what the biggest challenge or success you have had at a previous job and how did you accomplish that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Relatively easy, used previous compensation as starting point.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Greetings (Cleveland, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

I met with a campus recruiter and set up a phone interview. I was then scheduled for a tour of the facility and in person meeting where I met a few people who were previously interns. After these meetings I was offered the job pending a drug test and background screening.

PT Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Greetings (Cleveland, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

recorded questions and then my answers were recorded. It was very award not being able to ask to clarify the question so I had to answer as I understood the question. Then I had to meet one on one at a fast food restaurant for a final interview. Things do move slowly just because everything has to go through corporate.

Product Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Greetings (Cleveland, OH) in January 2013.

Interview

Phone Interview-- then interview with a few different people on the team; interview was long but very structured. people were very nice. Each person is trying to figure out different things about your personality and if you would be a fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions; what are your long term goals   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Interview

Contacted for a phone interview more than 6 months after applying for the position. The interview started off with the typical question "Why are you looking for a new job?". I was asked for my duties at my current job, my Excel and Access levels of expertise and if there was an opportunity for advancement at my current job. As others have pointed out they do ask about your strengths. I was quite surprised to hear that the recruiter who has been with the company for a very long time learnt about the private takeover offer from the Internet. I felt like the recruiter was annoyed by the questions I asked. Logically that was the end of the process.

Product Development Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Greetings (Cleveland, OH) in October 2012.

Interview

I was recruited out of college, and had a 3-hour interview process with various members of the department I was interviewing for. It was long but very thorough and I was able to ask questions and get a perspective on the company from these employees.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral-based interviewing: "Name a time when you had to use leadership qualities to solve a problem."   1 Answer