American Heart Association Development Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Heart Association Development Specialist Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Austin, TX).

Interview

Application form, followed by one way video interview. The system they use to do this is far from perfect and would probably put people off from the start.
I then had an in-person with the direct line manager for the position, followed by another in person with two other members of staff the following day. The line manager led me to believe that this was just a 'formality' to meet other team members. HR called me the day of the first interview to talk to me about salary and benefits because it turned out to be lower than my previous posts and lower than I'd asked for.
Following the second interview (on a Tuesday) I was told that I'd be advised of the outcome by the end of that week. I heard nothing. By the middle of following week I had a call from one of the people I'd met at the second interview saying that they would let me know by the end of that week. Still nothing. The Tuesday of the week after that I finally received a voicemail from HR letting me know they were going with someone else.
I emailed HR to ask for some feedback on the interview process - email was ignored.
Thankfully by that point I'd already accepted a job with another organization but AHA definitely need to do some work on their hiring procedures.

Interview Questions

• They asked about fundraising experience, how I met targets, how I organized my time and work priorities and what kind of management style I preferred.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Heart Association

Development Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview

I submitted an application online and received a call from the HR recruiter at my local office about two weeks later. She asked me some basic questions and then got in touch with me a week later to request an in-person interview with the regional director. I came in for the interview and had a great chat with the regional director; she was impressed with my background/credentials, and even talked about how similar I was to her. I thought the interview went very well, and I left the office convinced that I had received the job. Before I left the office, the HR recruiter told me that she would give me a follow-up phone call the next day. About a week and a half later, I heard from the HR recruiter, and she told me that the regional director was so "impressed" with the way I handled myself and the interview. The HR recruiter assured me that the regional director would make a decision by the next week and she would call me. Well, a week and a half went by, and I hadn't heard from the recruiter, so I decided to send her an email. I quickly got a reply that she was out of the office for a week on vacation! I was livid! After another week of waiting (which was about 6 weeks since I applied for the job), the recruiter finally called me and told me they had gone with an internal candidate. Obviously, I was very upset and felt led-on by the company. I wish they had told me soon after my second round that I had not gotten the job instead of waiting for weeks. The recruiter encouraged me to apply for other AHA jobs, but after this terrible experience, I definitely don't want to work for their company. I feel like they handled the situation very unprofessionally, which makes me think less of the organization as a whole.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Dallas, TX) in November 2008.

Interview

Emphasize your ability to be proactive.