American Heart Association Director of Development Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Heart Association Director of Development Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2017

2.9

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Heart Association (San Diego, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Very slow turn around time. Took over two weeks to schedule an interview and 8 weeks to let me know that I was not moving forward to the next stage of the process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Heart Association

Director of Development Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Heart Association in April 2017.

Interview

The interview and hiring process were seamless. The entire process took 3 weeks from start to offer. There was an initial phone screen, then a 1:1 interview with supervisor, followed by and interview with supervisor and regional VP.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Charleston, SC) in February 2017.

Interview

Completed and submitted an application online, received a phone call from HR, completed and submitted a video interview. Not a lengthly process as others describe since it was cut short from HR. The ground level has absolutely no say so in the hiring process. Candidates are selected from corporate and then presented to the field managers.

Interview Questions

• What is your direct fundraising experience? Describe the number of people, coordination of the event, and results.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Richmond, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview was in steps. First over phone, immediately followed by a series of video questions that you had to film yourself answering. Timed and over the internet. Followed by sales profile analysis and in person interview a week later. Massive amount of questions. Very time consuming.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Arlington, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was so-so. I was relieved that I was not offered the job because I did not feel a connection with the group that was interviewing me and they did not convince me that it was a desirable place to work. I asked them about the negative reviews they have received and how many say that people have lost the mission, their response was underwhelming - that if you lose the mission, it is because you lost the mission (something along those lines). Nothing convinced me that it was a job I would have loved to be working at.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Roanoke, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a general HR manager for a phone interview then was invited to an in-person interview. I was applying for this job in a different city from where i was living at the time. I had to drive in for the interview.

I was not pleased with the interview - the office that I was in was an absolute mess, and the interviewer was eating a Chick-Fil-a meal during the interview that I drove in for. I did not see this as in-line with their brand, and found it to be disrespectful to me.

I never heard back on my interview results either way - I had to contact them for feedback, then they told me that they went with someone else.

I am happy that I did not get this job.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a difficult customer you have dealt with and how you won them back?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Virginia Beach, VA) in March 2012.

Interview

Applied online, Phone Screen, two in person interviews. The interviews weren't that difficult and they don't ask any tricky or unexpected questions. The second in person interview was with both an immediate supervisor and the director of the market. They asked me what experience I had fundraising and how I could help the market. They asked if I had any connections to the area.

Interview Questions

• Share how you've set and accomplished a big picture vision.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Norfolk, VA) in July 2011.

Interview

I applied for the position and hear back from a recruiter within 48 hours for a phone screen. After that, the Exec. Director contacted me for a phone screen, that took place the next day- so two interviews in a week span- awesome!

This is where things went south. I was told after my phone interview with the E.D. that I would be contacted by the recruiter about next steps- this never happened. After about a week and a half of waiting, I was contacted and set up for another interview with the SVP of the region. After that interview, I was told someone would contact me about next steps. I waited. I waited some more. I finally followed up with the E.D. (just to make sure I was still being considered). I had an in-person interview and was told I would be contacted within a week after all candidates had been interviewed. So I waited. I waited. And then I followed up a week later and was told I would be contacted in two days. Two days turned into 14 days. I didn't get the position. I was sent a form email letter- which at that level of interaction, I would have appreciated a phone call and possible feedback.

I'm okay with the fact I didn't get the position- I was more than qualified, but I realize that I would not fit in with their sales, sales, sales culture (can you believe the E.D. told me that her staff steals money/sponsors/volunteers from each other?) but the lack of communication was disgusting. AHA- you need to put a timeline to your interview process and stick to it.

In general, I know it was a blessing in disguise because I do not think I would have enjoyed working at AHA. It seems to me that the only thing valued in their culture is how much money you can raise- there seems to be no emphasis in cultivating, growing and retaining volunteers in their organization- which I do not like whatsoever.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you really wanted something and how did you make that happen?   Answer Question