American Heart Association Executive Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Heart Association Executive Director Interview Questions

3.5

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Executive Director Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview

Very long, they follow CIDs process. Panel interview. Brings the best into the org so they say... Many questions, took almost 4 hours. Some were on,kne and connection drops all the time

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much, corp. sets what it is, little to negotiate

Other Interview Reviews for American Heart Association

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

an initial screening was done by the talent manager, followed by a phone interview for a brief understanding of the role and experience to gage an interest in moving on to the next step. Last step in the process was an in person interview with hiring manager, then group interview with colleagues in the office then lastly an interview with senior management before a final decision.

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Spokane, WA) in August 2010.

Interview

Long and tedious interview process that covers the same material over and over and over and over and over.... No matter how long you've been in your field, they ask you, "Tell me about your favorite part of college." Relevance?! It's all just paperwork and nonsense.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing is negotiable during their interview process. They already have set what they intend to "grace" you with.

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Oakland, CA) in April 2008.

Interview

AHA used the CIDS process in interviewing candidates....that stands for Chronilogical In-Depth Survey. After a initial phone interview with HR staff, there is usually a face to face with the hiring manager and then a three to four hour interview with the hiring manager and their manager. The process takes you through high school and college, focusing on questions that help show the decision making process you used when making education choices.

Work experience is covered a series of questions about each job...to determine exactly what you did and to show a progression of increasing responsibility. The process is very detailed and is designed to find "A" players....the best possible people in that market at the salary you can offer.

It is then followed by a background check, a computer skills test....and depending on the job a "Chally" - which is a test used to assess sales skills. Candidates are asked to schedule the reference checks for AHA staff.

Interview Questions

• Within the context of a specific past job, I was asked....What was the biggest mistake you made and if you could go back and redo it, what would you do differently.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pretty straight forward. The whole process usually takes a couple months so by the time they got to references checks, we were on the same page for salary, etc.