American Heart Association Fundraising Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Heart Association Fundraising Director Interview Questions

3.5

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Fundraising Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview

The process took more THREE MONTHS. I was offered the job, but I declined the offer. Throughout the course of interviewing with them, I was obviously applying for and interviewing with other organizations.

After applying online, someone from HR called to ask general questions about my experience. After that, I was sent a link to take an online video interview. There were five questions. I was given 30 seconds to read the questions, and 2 minutes to answer. No one was on the other end (it's just a recording). The experience was a bit off-putting, but I survived. After that, I had to fill out a personality profile which consisted of 350 questions. A bit much to say the least.

After the video interview, I was invited to attend a panel interview. There were three people in the room and the interview took about two hours. Be prepared to talk about your resume in-depth. You will be asked about every job you've listed (why you joined that organization, the relationship you had with your supervisor, the positives and negatives of the experience, why you left, etc). The next step involved a phone interview with a higher level VP that lasted about one hour. I was told at the end of that call that I was one of two final candidates.

Two weeks went by without a word. I followed-up with all the appropriate parties after each interview. Regardless of which way they went, I expected to hear something either way. I continued to follow-up with them, but received no response. After two weeks, she finally called. When I told her I had accepted an offer with another organization, she was clearly upset. She told me I was her top choice, but I was quick to remind her that I had made several attempts to connect with her and never received a response.

I'm guessing the #2 candidate had also accepted another job because two weeks after all of that happened, I saw that the job had been reposted. Hopefully they learned their lesson.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the AHA? Why are you interested in working for the AHA? What drew you to this opportunity? How will your previous experience make you successful in this role? What specific skills will you bring to the position? How do you hold yourself accountable? How do you handle conflict? How do you define success? What is your communication style? What would say were the strengths and weaknesses of your previous supervisor? What would your previous supervisor say were your strengths and weaknesses? Why will you be successful in this job? What efforts have you implemented in other positions that would make you succeed in this role? How do you organize your time and manage work priorities? How do you deal with difficult customers?   Answer Question

I accepted an offer with a different organization.

Other Interview Reviews for American Heart Association

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Heart Association (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was odd, and a little difficult to navigate. The first interview came from the HR rep and was over the phone; really standard phone interview questions. He was super nice and very thoughtful in his questions and, after discussing my experience, he suggested two positions for which I might be a good fit. The second interview was in-person in the office with the person who would have been my supervisor. It was super easy-going and she was very nice. She asked some very general questions while looking through my resume. We talked about the position very openly and she said at the end of the meeting that she definitely wanted to bring me back. That same day, I received an email from HR asking me to take an online personality test (Meyers-Briggs type). When I came in for the second in-person interview, I was brought into a conference room with 3 staff members. They grilled me, round-robin style, for about and hour and a half. The questions were very general but specific, about my work style and how I handle stress. Much more emotional than about the job. They then asked to take a break and sent me back to the lobby to wait for about 10 minutes, then they brought me back in, asked one more question, and offered me the opportunity to ask my own questions. All in all, it was about two hours long. In the end, I didn't receive an offer. It was a good interview experience in that it was good practice, but it made me feel that I wouldn't have been a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize your workday and how many meetings per week do you schedule or attend?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at American Heart Association (San Diego, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

very lengthy process. From the time I applied to the time I got offered the job it took just about 4 months. it starts with a phone interview, then you have a one on one interview and then a panel interview.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Dallas, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Very in depth interview process. I had 2 phone interviews and 3 in-person interviews. Be prepared to give several examples and give details on work experience and fundraising/sales initiatives. Very difficult interview process but I found it helpful in understanding expectations.

Interview Questions

• What are the top 3 ways that you know this job is a good fit for you.   1 Answer

Fundraising Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview

first had a phone call with hr, then had a face to face interview with the vp overseeing the office, then a 'sids' interview with the vp and the senior vp

Interview Questions

• cant really recall anything unexpected - depending on the results from the personality assessment they ask specific questions around those   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Houston, TX).

Interview

Terrible very unprofessional

Interview Questions

• Are you married how many kids do you have.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Cleveland, OH) in June 2011.

Interview

I was interviewing with two people at the same time because there were two positions open, which was a little awkward. First, I did an itinial half hour to forty-five minute phone interview where I was asked basic questions about my skills and current employer info. That lead to a one-on-one interview which lasted an hour where I was asked about my curent job and your typical behavior interview questions: "recall a time I failed at something," "give an example of a time I succeeded," "how creative am I, and can I give an example," etc. That lead to my taking an online personality assessement, which took an hour, and then to another face-toface interview with the two people I initially interviewed with and their VP, which took two hours because they went through every job I've ever had. Whew! I haven't heard back yet, and I still have to do through HR stuff, such as a background check.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your dream job, and how does this position relate to that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gulfport, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Gulfport, MS) in January 2011.

Interview

AHA only accepts on-line application. Phone interview + 3-4 series interviews with different levels of management that took about 6 weeks. Work "personality" profile questionnaire which they go over during the interview. Each phase took about an hour. They have a list of required questions that they have to submit the answers to AHA. Most of the questions are open ended "Tell me about a time" type questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult assignment...   1 Answer

Fundraising Director Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association in November 2007.

Interview

The interview process took forever and with 5 different people. It is interesting since they end up offering you high 30s to low 40s. The interview process makes it seem like you are applying for a high end positon. Overall the interview was typical interview style questions.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when someone told you no.   1 Answer

Negotiation

You can always ask for more.