American Heart Association Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

3.1

65 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview

Remote location recruiter contacts prospects by e-mail . A first phone interview is scheduled, which was honored and on time. After this, a second phone interview was to happen, however, it was never communicated or followed through. Closure is always nice

Interview Questions

• Describe your current job and are your responsibilities. Conversation was very fluid, not your typical canned interview, which was refreshing.   Answer Question

Youth Market Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valdosta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Valdosta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was called for a screening interview, then completed a video interview, and then completed an in-person interview. The video interview required web camera capability and a software download. Additionally, the date of the face to face was rescheduled for staff convenience.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I handled a challenging work situation.   1 Answer

Director of Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Heart Association (San Diego, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Very slow turn around time. Took over two weeks to schedule an interview and 8 weeks to let me know that I was not moving forward to the next stage of the process.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The position is the data analyst. Three phases included. First, an initial phone screen, last for 15 min. Then there are two following on-site interview, one lasts 1 hour and another one last for one and a half hour. Many behavior questions in the on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• How to make sure the data in the report is correct?
      How to deal with the conflicts with colleagues?   Answer Question

Director of Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Charleston, SC) in February 2017.

Interview

Completed and submitted an application online, received a phone call from HR, completed and submitted a video interview. Not a lengthly process as others describe since it was cut short from HR. The ground level has absolutely no say so in the hiring process. Candidates are selected from corporate and then presented to the field managers.

Interview Questions

• What is your direct fundraising experience? Describe the number of people, coordination of the event, and results.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Heart Association in January 2017.

Interview

I applied shortly before Christmas 2016 and was contacted the first week of 2017 to schedule a phone interview. The interview went well and questions regarding sales performance during previous positions were the main thrust. The person that I spoke then said that they would forward my information to the local manager for their review and that they would be in contact with me to set up a second, in-person interview. That was the first part of January. It's now been over a month with no word from the initial phone interviewer, or the local manager. I understand that hiring managers and HR personnel are inundated with questions, but to not contact a potential employee at all is downright unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How have you worked to increase your sales numbers at your current employer?   Answer Question

Public Health Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Heart Association (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview was pretty basic, they asked me to walk them through my resume, followed by more questions. They had to explain the job for about 15 minutes, which ended up being quite different than the actual posting. It was more of a sales job. They forwarded me other job options afterwards so I had a feeling I wouldn't be offered the job.

Youth Market Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

The HR Manager sent me a link to complete a video interview. I was asked 6 questions and asked to record a response. I was not given the questions ahead of time or any indication of what would be asked.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with American Heart Association   Answer Question

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

The first step was to record a video online of myself answering preliminary questions. The only issue was that you were not able to review the video after it had been recorded.

Interview Questions

• Please describe what you believe an administrative position is.   Answer Question

Senior Director of Corporate Events Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

1st step phone interview from HR, 2nd was a video recording of myself answering questions, 3rd was an in person with hiring manager - this was lengthy, and new, but HR was very helpful. Once the 3rd interview occurred, I was not emailed or brought in - no further contact. While HR was very helpful, there was not a warm environment once in the office.

Interview Questions

• Numbers numbers numbers - they seem to only be concerned with revenue stream - programming didn't come up.   Answer Question