American Heart Association Fundraising Development, Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Regional Development Director (Fundraising) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Walton Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Fort Walton Beach, FL) in May 2012.

Interview

First communication was a phone call screening. It was pretty brief, the woman asked basic questions about past jobs and why I wanted to work for AHA.
    I was then scheduled for an in person interview. I came very prepared and felt very qualified for the job. The woman interviewing me was the region Vice President, the position's direct report. She was very candid about the position and said it was a very tough job and that I would either love it or hate it. She said previous women leave the position within a year, or are in for several years. She didn't make the position seem appealing at all, rather scared me away. Afterwards, I contacted a former fundraising director and she told me to run, so I did. I was called back for a second interview and declined. HR will submit a background check.

Interview Questions

• The first one on one interview was more or less conversation in which I was asked about my previous positions and why I wanted to leave my current job. I felt I asked more questions since I had no experience in fundraising. I assume the 3rd step group interview is when the more difficult questions come in.   Answer Question