American Heart Association Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Heart Association Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2017

3.1

Health Strategies Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview

Was e-mailed about 2 days after I submitted my application to set up an interview. I set up the interview for the following week, and recieved a call from the VP of HR promptly at the time we set up. Answered basic interview questions for about 30 minutes, and was told I would be contacted and what to expect for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Where in the organization do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Health Strategies Director Interview

Application

I interviewed at American Heart Association in September 2013.

Interview

I applied initially for an Executive Director position, but an offer had already been accepted by another candidate when AHA received my online application. However, the VP of HR called to explore my interest in a different opportunity for a position still under development and new to that market. I was impressed with her operational knowledge of AHA's programs and strategic agenda, as well as her warmth and genuineness. When the Job Description was formalized for the new position (Health Strategies Director), she let me know, and we had an additional phone interview, in which I had the chance to ask most of the questions. She then scheduled a phone interview with the reporting VP, which was also a very positive experience. Next step is another phone interview with additional team members. No offer yet, but a very good first impression of the company and culture has been created.

Interview Questions

• No "gotchya" type questions. More like a natural conversation, with good give and take.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview

This can take a long time and can mean two interviews with management from VP and SVP. The on boarding process has gotten better and friendlier.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Low salary offer.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview

first had a phone call with hr, then had a face to face interview with the vp overseeing the office, then a 'sids' interview with the vp and the senior vp

Interview Questions

• cant really recall anything unexpected - depending on the results from the personality assessment they ask specific questions around those   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview

Found and applied online - I was contacted via email a couple of weeks later to schedule a phone interview. The interview was about 30 mins with an HR rep, a very nice person. Questions were typical, and mostly general. She just wanted to know what sort of experience I had from previous jobs.

Interview Questions

• They were the usual - "tell me about yourself", and "why do you want to work here", etc.   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview

Extremely unprofessional! I submitted my resume online and was contacted by the recruiter the next week. That phone interview took approximately 30 minutes and seemed to go well. Next I had a longer phone interview with the direct manager. I then completed an online application and personality test. The third step was to do a panel interview with the "team". It lasted just under two hours and seemed to go well. I was told I would be contacted the next week. Two weeks went by and I sent a follow up email only to be told that they had not made a decision due to the holiday schedule. Meanwhile I had another opportunity that I needed to make a decision on even though I really wanted the AHA position. I was asked to "hold on" and they would make a decision the following week and contact me immediately. Nothing. I even sent another email which was ignored. I spent upwards of 8-10 hours preparing, driving to/from, and interviewing with these people only to not even be given a courtesy call or email response. Retrospectively, this behavior makes me glad I did not get hired.

Administrative Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online and received a call and email from their corporate office(?) in Montana. This made everything feel disconnected, as I wasn't interviewing with people that I would be working with. I had a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. Unfortunately the interview was rushed as the interviewer was behind schedule and seemed to have many other applicants to call that day. But other than that she was very kind. After this interview I received a email containing 3 Microsoft office skills assessment tests for word, PowerPoint and excel. I am trained in Microsoft office programming but some of the questions REALLY stumped me. You are given 3 attempts on each question which I'm sure effects your score as well as the time it took to answer each question. Although I technically passed each exam I still did not receive a call back.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association in April 2010.

Interview

Interview was very straight forward in regards to both the position, responsibilities, and beneftis. I was required to complete an on-line test and moved forward to two face to face interviews. Both interviews were conducted in a comfortable setting and you were not thrown a great deal of difficult questions. American Heart Association was much more diligent in regards to checking references than any previous employer that I applied with.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you were required make an important decision on the spot?   Answer Question

Youth Market Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2010.

Interview

It was a JOKE. I first interviewed with a panel of three women. As long as they thought I was hot, they hired me. My 1:1 interview was stupid. All the guy did was talk sports with me and he didn't know anything about the company.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever fundraised? Explain your failure with it or success   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable working with all women (the ratio is about 58:1 girls:guys)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Couldn't negotiate

Application

Interview

Interview process was a joke. I had to track down the local office to ask for HR's number to call them myself. Got a call back from my voicemail / Resume submission I left them then interviewed with three people, then another manager. Then got the offer via phone.

Interview Questions

• Nothing. Interviews here are a joke. As long as you can talk sports with guy managers, you're fine.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nonnegotiable