American Heart Association Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 8, 2017

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview

Responded to posting: phone screen, video questioning session, face-to-face interview with behavioral questions, a conference call interview with a problem to resolve and behavioral questions. Professional and well run meetings; very friendly people.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time when working with a difficult person, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Nov 28, 2017 – Talent Acquisition & Engagement

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We incorporate behavioral based questions in our interview process to know if you the candidates are going to be a right fit for the AHA. - The AHA Glassdoor Team

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview

This is a long process. You will have four interviews over the span of four weeks. Be patient and it will pay off. It is long and slow and the questions are basically the same just with different people. If you get interviewed by a peer in the office you are doing well.

Interview Questions

• If someone wanted to donate to the AHA and not your department what would you say?   1 Answer

Health Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Dallas, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

1. There was an initial phone screen with the hiring manager.
    2. An in-person interview was conducted with the hiring manager and her supervisor.
    3. A virtual interview was conducted with two members of the team.

There were long periods of time between the interviews. After the final interview, there was approximately a one month delay before an offer was made.

Interview Questions

• If you were going to introduce a new concept to a "field or market" how would you go about doing it?   1 Answer
    • How do you like to be supervised?   Answer Question

National Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Dallas, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fairly challenging, but I appreciate the organization's commitment to hiring qualified individuals. The process was as follows:
    1) Video interview. The AHA sent a link to complete an online, video recorded interview. This was the most stressful part of the entire process for me. You're given 20-40 seconds to read a question before the recording portion begins. Once your timer starts, you have a set number of minutes you can use to answer the question(s) asked. I believe there were 8-10 in total, and they were not your typical "initial interview/phone screen" questions. They dove deep into my experience, my past project management skills, they asked for specific examples of past work completed, etc. You cannot go back and watch your recordings, but if you feel you did poorly, they give you the chance to do the entire interview again. You, however, may not go back to specific questions and re-record those individually. The entire interview has to be completed again.
    2) Phone interview with my hiring manger. This was very similar to a one-on-one in-person interview, just done over the phone.\
    3) In-Person panel interview. Four AHA staff members were in the room, and it was a round robin discussion.
    4) Offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Discuss how you prioritize tasks when you have multiple projects due in a short amount of time. What steps did you take to ensure everything was completed? How do did you plan schedules around it? Give examples from your previous experience.   Answer Question

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Washington, DC) in September 2017.

Interview

My interview with the American Heart Association was by far the fastest and most efficient interview I've ever experienced. While the initial video interview, in which we had to record ourselves responding to a series of questions, seemed odd at first it was a great opportunity to go beyond the resume and show AHA why my personality was a great fit for the organization. In addition, AHA brought in senior staff from the national center (a multi-hour plane ride away) to interview me in person. It just goes to show that even large nonprofits like AHA will still take time to make sure they find the right candidates.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with the American Heart Organization and its advocacy?   Answer Question

Nov 28, 2017 – Talent Acquisition & Engagement

Thank you for sharing your feedback. You are right. Our video interviews are a great opportunity for the candidates to go beyond the resume and show us how you can be a right fit for the... More

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Okemos, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Okemos, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

The beginning of my interview process started with a video interview where you would be given questions and then you had to record yourselves giving your response. From there I was contacted for an in-person interview where I spoke with the directors who were doing the actual hiring. It was a very welcoming environment and I left the interview even more interested in the company than when I arrived because of how highly the directors talked about AHA. From there I had a phone interview with someone from another department and a follow up interview in person again where I met the other Administrative Assistants in the office, which was again very welcoming and friendly. I was then contacted by HR a few days later with my offer. Overall, such a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Aside from the usual past relevant work experience questions, one question I thought was particularly cool was that they asked me aside from the department I was applying to work for, what other areas I was interested in gaining experience in.   Answer Question

Council Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Dallas, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

I was asked questions about my job role now. How do I contribute to my team in advancing and reaching our goals. What are my strengths and weaknesses. And how would I handle certain situations in the work place.

Interview Questions

• How does my role contribute to my team?   1 Answer

Procurement Administrative Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Dallas, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I had a total of 3 interviews; two over the phone and one in person. Everyone was extremely nice and informative. The environment at AHA is very warm and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• AHA believes strongly in diversity among peers. How do you feel about working with people from diverse backgrounds.   Answer Question

Nov 28, 2017 – Talent Acquisition & Engagement

Thank you for submitting your feedback. We are happy to have you as part of the AHA family. Welcome to #TheAHALife. - The AHA Glassdoor Team

Community Impact Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Heart Association in October 2017.

Interview

Quick response, first round is a video pre screen, the questions are sent to you and you record them, as well as a personality assessment. If you pass that, you move on.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview

First I did a video interview where I recorded my answers. Then I completed some online tests. Afterwards, I was interviewed in person by 3 individuals who I would be directly supporting!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had a problem arise at work and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview

I would like to preface my review by saying that everyone I corresponded with was extremely nice and great! Any issues I had with the process were a result of the centralized interview structure and not the people involved.

Essentially, this interview seemed way too intense for an entry level job. By the end of the process, there were four separate parts- a recorded video interview, a phone interview, an in person interview, and a final in person interview. I think this whole process can be streamlined. They are asking people to take at least two days off of work at times for a job that they may or may not get. The final interview was over two hours and consisted of very canned questions that became redundant. The questions are the same for every job at this organization- that doesn't seem efficient because every role is different. I think AHA needs to be more considerate of the time off people have to take and maybe consider making the final interview only for the top contender.

I think the process needs to be more personalized.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when....
      Would you rather ask permission or forgiveness?
      Describe a time you completed a project.
      Describe a time you completed a project with multiple components.
      Very redundant questions. I was repeating myself because the questions were so similar.   Answer Question