American Heart Association Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 17, 2017

3.2

Associate Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Dallas, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was long due to changes in the department and delayed hiring. Initial phone interview was in November, I came in to interview, moved on to a personality/behavioral interview, hiring process was delayed again and picked up months later. I completed two additional interviews at that time and was hired in May (roughly 6 months).

Interview Questions

• Personality/behavioral interview was very repetitive. Be prepared to have multiple answers to similar questions.   1 Answer

Health Strategies Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Two interviews: one phone interview and one in person with other members of the department. The interviews were straightforward and pleasant, the whole process took about a month. They require a background check.

Public Health Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Heart Association (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview was pretty basic, they asked me to walk them through my resume, followed by more questions. They had to explain the job for about 15 minutes, which ended up being quite different than the actual posting. It was more of a sales job. They forwarded me other job options afterwards so I had a feeling I wouldn't be offered the job.

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Emailed with talent coordinator within a week of applying. Was sent a link for a personality assessment and for a prerecorded online video interview. Withing a few days had an in person interview with the marketing supervisor.

Interview Questions

• If you're hired what would you do on your first day?   Answer Question
    • Discuss a time when you and a supervisor didn't get along   Answer Question

Director of Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Charleston, SC) in February 2017.

Interview

Completed and submitted an application online, received a phone call from HR, completed and submitted a video interview. Not a lengthly process as others describe since it was cut short from HR. The ground level has absolutely no say so in the hiring process. Candidates are selected from corporate and then presented to the field managers.

Interview Questions

• What is your direct fundraising experience? Describe the number of people, coordination of the event, and results.   1 Answer

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview

The process started with a phone interview, then I was called in for an in-person interview. After that, i had an additional phone interview with some of the people I would be supporting. After all those steps, i completed a skills test (Microsoft Office- Word, Excel, Outlook) prior to the offer being made. Note- HR called with the offer, not the hiring department.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to solve a difficult problem with others you worked with.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview

Very professional process. Streamlined so you know what the next step is going forward. Detailed description of the position and what is expected from the candidate for the role. A good experience from beginning of interview process to position offer and acceptance.

Interview Questions

• How my background and current experience would benefit the company; Why I would like to work with the AHA;   Answer Question

American Heart Association Response

Feb 17, 2017 – Talent Acquisition & Engagement

Thank you for submitting your review. Glad you enjoyed interviewing with us and decided to join us at the American Heart Association. Welcome to the AHA family! We are so excited to have you! - The ... More

Field Support Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Robbinsville, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Robbinsville, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Initial interview was done via recorded video questions with a follow up in person interview at the American Heart Association office. Interview was with two people one of whom would be the direct manager for the position.

Interview Questions

• Standard administrative type of questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not feel the need to negotiate.

American Heart Association Response

Feb 17, 2017 – Talent Acquisition & Engagement

Thank you for submitting your review. Glad that you got an offer and decided to join us at the American Heart Association. Welcome to the AHA! We are so excited to have you here. - The AHA Glassdoor ... More

Youth Market Director Interview

Interview

The interview process was long and it was a three part interview that included a field ride. One part of the interview was on video, another part was over the phone, the last part consisted of a field ride with a fellow director. My boss resided in another state, so I think the interview process was a bit different for me. great interview process

Interview Questions

• Would you rather ask for permission or forgiveness?   1 Answer

Sales/Fundraising HeartChase Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Heart Association in January 2017.

Interview

I applied shortly before Christmas 2016 and was contacted the first week of 2017 to schedule a phone interview. The interview went well and questions regarding sales performance during previous positions were the main thrust. The person that I spoke then said that they would forward my information to the local manager for their review and that they would be in contact with me to set up a second, in-person interview. That was the first part of January. It's now been over a month with no word from the initial phone interviewer, or the local manager. I understand that hiring managers and HR personnel are inundated with questions, but to not contact a potential employee at all is downright unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How have you worked to increase your sales numbers at your current employer?   Answer Question