American Heart Association Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 9, 2017

3.1

Director of Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Heart Association (San Diego, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Very slow turn around time. Took over two weeks to schedule an interview and 8 weeks to let me know that I was not moving forward to the next stage of the process.

Business Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Oakland, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online through the AHA website- took about two days to hear back for an interview. I also applied to other location positions and didn't hear that I hadn't gotten an interview for a while. There was a phone interview, an in person interview, and a CIDS in person interview

Interview Questions

• What motivates you when tasks are somewhat monotonous?   Answer Question
    • CIDS- two hour interview where they go in depth with your past experience   Answer Question

Health Strategies Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Two interviews: one phone interview and one in person with other members of the department. The interviews were straightforward and pleasant, the whole process took about a month. They require a background check.

Socials Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

An internal recruiter made the initial outreach and then hosted a phone interview. From there, I then had a phone interview with the hiring manager and a few weeks later, the hiring manager travelled to Chicago to meet me for an in-person interview with one of his peers.

Interview Questions

• They asked me many questions, but one that surprised me was; "What bugs you/gets under your skin at work?"   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The position is the data analyst. Three phases included. First, an initial phone screen, last for 15 min. Then there are two following on-site interview, one lasts 1 hour and another one last for one and a half hour. Many behavior questions in the on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• How to make sure the data in the report is correct?
      How to deal with the conflicts with colleagues?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Heart Association in April 2017.

Interview

The interview and hiring process were seamless. The entire process took 3 weeks from start to offer. There was an initial phone screen, then a 1:1 interview with supervisor, followed by and interview with supervisor and regional VP.

Youth Market Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wallingford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Wallingford, CT) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very quick. Once resume was submitted I then received an email for a video interview. After submitting my video interview the one on one process began.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle failure and what did you learn?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview

Very professional process. Streamlined so you know what the next step is going forward. Detailed description of the position and what is expected from the candidate for the role. A good experience from beginning of interview process to position offer and acceptance.

Interview Questions

• How my background and current experience would benefit the company; Why I would like to work with the AHA;   Answer Question

American Heart Association Response

Feb 17, 2017 – Talent Acquisition & Engagement

Thank you for submitting your review. Glad you enjoyed interviewing with us and decided to join us at the American Heart Association. Welcome to the AHA family! We are so excited to have you! - The... More

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview

The process started with a phone interview, then I was called in for an in-person interview. After that, i had an additional phone interview with some of the people I would be supporting. After all those steps, i completed a skills test (Microsoft Office- Word, Excel, Outlook) prior to the offer being made. Note- HR called with the offer, not the hiring department.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to solve a difficult problem with others you worked with.   Answer Question

Interview

The interview process was long and it was a three part interview that included a field ride. One part of the interview was on video, another part was over the phone, the last part consisted of a field ride with a fellow director. My boss resided in another state, so I think the interview process was a bit different for me. great interview process

Interview Questions

• Would you rather ask for permission or forgiveness?   1 Answer