American Heart Association Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 23, 2017

3.2

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Tucson, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process for the American Heart Association intern program was in depth and values based. I fell in love with the company and the cause. Everyone in the Tucson office was so welcoming and displayed their connection to the fight against cardiovascular disease and stroke. The interview included three directors interviewing myself.

Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2016.

Interview

The initial interview was very well done and was a qualifying interview. The second interview was with two people in the fundraising area; both individuals had previous experience in the position. Both interviews were about an hour in length. The first interview stressed the mission of the AHA and the fundraising goals for the area, in the second interview the fundraising goals had grown by $100,000.00 and the interviewers told me to throw out the mission statement, there was an apparent conflict of corporate and local goals, in so much that it was a relief not to advance in the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Imagine myself in the position, what would I do in a deadline situation, when "those little kids will do anything for a stupid plastic necklace."   1 Answer

Temporary Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Irving, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

2 person interview, interview only lasted 20 minutes (bad sign) and they didn't ask me any of the "typical" interview questions. I think they saw my age when I walked in and that's all they needed to know .......

Interview Questions

• We talked for 5 minutes about my commute to work . . . they did ask why do you want to work here which was the same question they asked me on the phone interview, and the same person was interviewing me ....   1 Answer

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Emailed with talent coordinator within a week of applying. Was sent a link for a personality assessment and for a prerecorded online video interview. Withing a few days had an in person interview with the marketing supervisor.

Interview Questions

• If you're hired what would you do on your first day?   Answer Question
    • Discuss a time when you and a supervisor didn't get along   Answer Question

Administrative Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online and received a call and email from their corporate office(?) in Montana. This made everything feel disconnected, as I wasn't interviewing with people that I would be working with. I had a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. Unfortunately the interview was rushed as the interviewer was behind schedule and seemed to have many other applicants to call that day. But other than that she was very kind. After this interview I received a email containing 3 Microsoft office skills assessment tests for word, PowerPoint and excel. I am trained in Microsoft office programming but some of the questions REALLY stumped me. You are given 3 attempts on each question which I'm sure effects your score as well as the time it took to answer each question. Although I technically passed each exam I still did not receive a call back.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Video interview through a system then panel phone interview. The entire process was handled by HR and I waited to hear back from them via email. Very professional and traditional as you would expect. Spoke with the department team over the phone after my resume reached the next stage and I had completed my video interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Are you a Spanish speaker?
      Answer Question

Development Director Heart Chase Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association in February 2016.

Interview

There were two phone interviews. The first was with HR and seemed like a preliminary interview to make sure the applicant has the experience necessary for the position. Then I was sent a personality test online. After that was complete I had an interview with the Director. It was very bizarre. It seemed like it was another personality test and I was not asked about my experience or qualifications at all.

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself more successful than those around you?   Answer Question

Director of Communications Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association in January 2016.

Interview

I spent quite a number of hours, both preparing for the interview and taking the interview. First is a phone screening interview with HR. Next comes a personality test, followed by a video interview of 6 preselected questions; you are given 30 seconds to read the questions before your timed answer is recorded. The next step is a SKYPE interview with the direct manager. This is followed by an in person interview with the direct manager, the VP and the local director. This is where my process ended.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the AHA?
      What were both the strengths and weaknesses of your most recent supervisor?
      Give examples of your current relationships with the media and how you build those relationships.
      How do you hold yourself accountable? Give an example.
      Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

The process took approximately 2-3 weeks from apply to final email. I applied online and received a response to take a personality test. I did so, then was sent a link for a video interview. After completing that, I had a phone interview with HR where we talked about my qualifications, job experience and the position available. I was told what the next steps would be and assured that I would be hearing from them shortly for an in person interview or further testing. Ultimately, the next I heard was a polite (but form) rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a challenge you faced in a previous position and how you tackled it.   Answer Question

Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Austin, TX).

Interview

Application form, followed by one way video interview. The system they use to do this is far from perfect and would probably put people off from the start.
    I then had an in-person with the direct line manager for the position, followed by another in person with two other members of staff the following day. The line manager led me to believe that this was just a 'formality' to meet other team members. HR called me the day of the first interview to talk to me about salary and benefits because it turned out to be lower than my previous posts and lower than I'd asked for.
    Following the second interview (on a Tuesday) I was told that I'd be advised of the outcome by the end of that week. I heard nothing. By the middle of following week I had a call from one of the people I'd met at the second interview saying that they would let me know by the end of that week. Still nothing. The Tuesday of the week after that I finally received a voicemail from HR letting me know they were going with someone else.
    I emailed HR to ask for some feedback on the interview process - email was ignored.
    Thankfully by that point I'd already accepted a job with another organization but AHA definitely need to do some work on their hiring procedures.

Interview Questions

• They asked about fundraising experience, how I met targets, how I organized my time and work priorities and what kind of management style I preferred.   Answer Question