American Heart Association Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Heart Association Interview Questions

Updated Jan 2, 2018

3.1

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview

Online application followed by one way video interview which consisted of screening questions that would normally be asked in a phone screening. Followed up two weeks later to ask where they were in the process. Shortly after, received an invitation for an in person interview. The hiring manager was very direct and stated during the interview that the position included additional responsibilities not included in the job description. It was clear that due to budgetary constraints, the hiring manager was combining multiple positions under the title Executive Assistant. They reviewed my resume and began asking questions about professional experience on my resume that I felt would typically be unrelated to such a position. They were candid about their needs, offered no information about what AHA would offer a new employee. They left very little time for any questions I might have and let me know they had limited time. Additionally, they mentioned a few personal frustrations they had concerning the company. I thought that was unprofessional. It ended abruptly and I was told they would be making a decision quickly. This was a very long process for a misrepresented position. This is very disrespectful to job applicants.

Interview Questions

• What do you think this job is about?   1 Answer

Event Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Jacksonville, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

A few weeks after applying for the job I received an email from HR. The email said "it was a pleasure speaking to you on the phone today..." followed by instructions on how to do the video/online interview. I was never phoned by HR. So I found this confusing and it took me several days to get in touch with her to figure out what was going on. She apologized for never actually calling me and just sending the email and asked me to move forward with the online video interview. After completing that I was contacted for a phone interview with her which I completed. Then she asked me to do a phone interview with the hiring manager. After that was completed she called me and said that they thought I was a "rock star" and wanted to move forward with the final in person interview with a panel of people. She said they were "so confident with wanting to hire me that they wanted me to do an online personality assessment and complete a more detailed application to include references." This online assessment and the time it took for me to include many more details into my online application took me approximately 3 hours of time to complete. I then went in for my in person interview which went very well and took about two hours. I was told by both HR and the hiring panel that I would be notified the following week on moving forward. The following week I heard nothing. I reached out to HR once mid-week and left a vm asking where they were in the hiring process. She never returned my call. The next week I reached out again and left ANOTHER vm for. She did not return my call. Since I was holding off on making some future plans and commitments because I had been given a very strong indication from HR that they would be making me an offer... I tried calling a third time using a blocked caller ID. MY HR recruiter picked up the phone on the second ring and once I identified myself she acted like she had no idea who I was. After she did realize who I was, she said the position has been filled and she sent me an email that I did not receive the position. After triple checking my email, I will verify, that I NEVER received an email from HR or anyone else at the AHA telling me I did not get the position. I am very dissatisfied with the interview process since I took over 10 hours of my personal time to complete all the different interviews and steps. Was led to believe on several occasions from HR that I would be offered the job. And then, no one had the consideration to even call me to tell me that I did not get the position or give me any explanation or reason why. I feel like when someone goes this far in the interview process and it is only down to a few people, AHA should at least have the consideration to call that person... not claim they sent and email which was never sent. The job search process can be very stressful and being in the dark for 2 weeks after my final interview left me with many sleepless nights followed by much frustration when HR would not even return my phone calls.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were example based of past professional experiences. Very standard.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview

Remote location recruiter contacts prospects by e-mail . A first phone interview is scheduled, which was honored and on time. After this, a second phone interview was to happen, however, it was never communicated or followed through. Closure is always nice

Interview Questions

• Describe your current job and are your responsibilities. Conversation was very fluid, not your typical canned interview, which was refreshing.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Heart Association in July 2017.

Interview

Very smooth, transparent, quick, and efficient process. 4 steps...1)phone interview with HR rep from diff location 2) phone interview with direct supervisor 3) in person interview with direct supervisor 4) in person interview with direct supervisor, SR VP, and top team member. Process was completed within 2 weeks following first phone interview due to desire to hire immediately for right candidate.

National Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Dallas, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fairly challenging, but I appreciate the organization's commitment to hiring qualified individuals. The process was as follows:
    1) Video interview. The AHA sent a link to complete an online, video recorded interview. This was the most stressful part of the entire process for me. You're given 20-40 seconds to read a question before the recording portion begins. Once your timer starts, you have a set number of minutes you can use to answer the question(s) asked. I believe there were 8-10 in total, and they were not your typical "initial interview/phone screen" questions. They dove deep into my experience, my past project management skills, they asked for specific examples of past work completed, etc. You cannot go back and watch your recordings, but if you feel you did poorly, they give you the chance to do the entire interview again. You, however, may not go back to specific questions and re-record those individually. The entire interview has to be completed again.
    2) Phone interview with my hiring manger. This was very similar to a one-on-one in-person interview, just done over the phone.\
    3) In-Person panel interview. Four AHA staff members were in the room, and it was a round robin discussion.
    4) Offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Discuss how you prioritize tasks when you have multiple projects due in a short amount of time. What steps did you take to ensure everything was completed? How do did you plan schedules around it? Give examples from your previous experience.   Answer Question

Youth Market Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valdosta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Valdosta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was called for a screening interview, then completed a video interview, and then completed an in-person interview. The video interview required web camera capability and a software download. Additionally, the date of the face to face was rescheduled for staff convenience.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I handled a challenging work situation.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a standard interview. I applied online and was invited to submit a video interview. The video interview consisted of five questions where I had 2-3 minutes to provide a response. I was then invited for an in person interview with one of the directors. Questions asked included about my past professional experiences and responsibilities and how they relate to the current job posting responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for the company? What conflict have you dealt with at work and how did you overcome the challenge.   Answer Question

Administatve Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Heart Association in May 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume. Received call from corporate headquarters (not in the state I would be working). Told resume looked great but needed to do a one-way video interview. Extremely impersonal. Rather surprised that they narrowed the field this way. Quite a bit of a job is if you mesh with the team. Not interviewing with the team was a disappointment. Most skills can be taught - but if your personality is not a fit all the skills in the world will not help. Have not heard back so not expecting it to more forward.

Director of Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Heart Association (San Diego, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Very slow turn around time. Took over two weeks to schedule an interview and 8 weeks to let me know that I was not moving forward to the next stage of the process.

Business Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Oakland, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online through the AHA website- took about two days to hear back for an interview. I also applied to other location positions and didn't hear that I hadn't gotten an interview for a while. There was a phone interview, an in person interview, and a CIDS in person interview

Interview Questions

• What motivates you when tasks are somewhat monotonous?   Answer Question
    • CIDS- two hour interview where they go in depth with your past experience   Answer Question