American Heart Association Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2017

3.2

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Panel interview with different people asking questions about your background, education, and specific job experiences. Questions were positioned where you had to provide a STAR response... Strategy Tactics Action Result

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you overcame an obstacle to achieve your goal.   Answer Question

Administrative Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview

Phone Interview was first as usual, Next was tested for MS Office skills, Interviewed with hiring managers 2 times and had to submit work sample. They are a very friendly office and staff. They asked situational questions and had to give examples, appropriate responses.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when something went wrong and how did you react/resolve issue.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Very smooth
    Multiple people
    Had to do online test
    When they had 3 people in the room at the same time to interview they seemed to stumble a bit not knowing who would ask the next question. Questions seemed random and disjointed.
    Enjoyed meeting the senior leadership of the local office

Interview Questions

• Example of overcoming a difficult relationship to win business   Answer Question

Corporate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied for a job out of state and was contacted the next day to take the online assessment and to schedule the first phone interview. The assessment took about 30 minutes to complete.The recruiter I spoke with was really friendly and sounded enthusiastic about my consideration for the position. A week and a half went by and I was contacted for a second phone interview with a team member in the department I was interviewing to join. We had a great conversation and she told me that she was going to move me along to a third interview that would be conducted over Skype (because I am out of state). A week later I sent the recruiter an email to see where they were with their decision with the position as I am interviewing elsewhere and moving along quickly. She responded and said they would likely extend an offer to a local candidate.

I was a little disappointed that I wasn't contacted to let me know that I wasn't going to be moved along in the interview process whenever that decision was made. My experience with interviewing with large organizations (with their level of infrastructure) has been more communicative in terms of not telling candidates they are moving forward.

Overall, I would apply for positions with other opportunities in this organization.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process took a little over a month. I did two phone interviews with an HR rep which lead to a panel interview with 3 managers from the department for which I was applying. I had not had an interview in 13 years, so I was extremely nervous. They had hard hitting questions.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had conflict with a coworker? What was it, how did you handle it and how is the relationship now?   Answer Question

American Heart Association Response

Aug 10, 2016 – Talent Acquisition & Engagement

Thank you for the review. Glad to hear that the interview went well. Congratulations! Hope you are having a great time living the AHA Life! – The AHA Talent Acquisition & Employment Branding team. ... More

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview

Very in-depth interviews, only hire top employees. Expect at least 3 interviews, nearly 5 hours total, before you get an offer or decision. Make sure to talk about all experience as even things you might think are irrelevant add up to the total sum of your experience and make you a total package here. The end result is a very strong team and top employees and it really makes for a great place to work. Know your resume and have specific examples to back up your "generic statements." Have a copy of your resume with you when you do the in person interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you think this position is.   1 Answer

Development Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The initial interview was with an HR rep. Usual questions, strengths, weaknesses... 2 weeks later an interview with the hiring manager, who misrepresented the position. Follow up interview with hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation on anything, at least with my hiring mgr.

Application

Interview

It was very rigorous...like I was applying for a job with the govt. Nine years ago, I had three phone interviews and three in person interviews prior to be offered the position. You go through the phone interview with the recruiter, then the hiring manger, then his/her manager.

Interview Questions

• typical job related questions about my previous career.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was no opportunity to negotiate...believe me I tried.

Administrative Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

First there was a phone interview. They did not request I explain my work history in chronological order but instead asked of experience I had as it related to the job. They wanted to know what I knew about the company. Also, desired salary. I was invited to an in person interview. During this interview I was questioned by three individuals. They were all very nice.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not have to negotiate. I advised them the minimum and they accepted.

Director of Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Heart Association (Arlington, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was so-so. I was relieved that I was not offered the job because I did not feel a connection with the group that was interviewing me and they did not convince me that it was a desirable place to work. I asked them about the negative reviews they have received and how many say that people have lost the mission, their response was underwhelming - that if you lose the mission, it is because you lost the mission (something along those lines). Nothing convinced me that it was a job I would have loved to be working at.