American Homes 4 Rent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

1. Featured Interview

Regional Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Homes 4 Rent (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2015.

Interview

Very thorough, conversational, business oriented discussion. Very relatable executive team. Hands-on yet not micro managing. I was really impressed with the level of engagement and “realness” of each person I met with.

Interview Questions

• Do you take initiative to solve problems?   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Homes 4 Rent (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

basically ask a little question . All of them are easy to answer. so , do not be nervous and just relax. they want good people to join their team.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Homes 4 Rent.

Interview

I had the interview with 4 assistant managers in the accounting department. One of the managers keep looking at the clock and he express that he did not want to be there wasting his time. The rest of the managers where polite.

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Homes 4 Rent (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

The people were super friendly..I interviewed 3 times and received the job offer. I was very excited. A week later I was told they could not find my high school on my background check. I sent them my original school records...the company doing to background checks seemed very confused as I emailed with them over a dozen times. I have done numerous backgrounds checks, some with government clearance, and never had an issue. The Friday before my start date I was called and advised on what to expect for the first week of training. That Saturday I got an email saying since the background check company could not verify my high school the job offer was rescinded---

Accounts Payable Interview

Interview

Met with Accounts Payable assistant. It was easy and went well. I got the position as a temp to hire role. I was working at the company the next week.

Interview Questions

• My experience working with Accounting software and Microsoft Excel.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cornelius, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Homes 4 Rent (Cornelius, NC) in October 2013.

Interview

Met with Manager that I would be reporting to during the duration of the job. Gave me a brief history of the company and the specific office. Discussed previous work experience and office culture. Outlined the specific job tasks. I was sent in by a staffing agency and was informed if we were a good fit, then, the job would become permanent.

Interview Questions

• Asked if I was proficient in Microsoft Office. Could I be discreet with sensitive information?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Homes 4 Rent (Richardson, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

was very excited when I got the interview but disappointed when I came to interview
    It was not what I expected. the location/office seemed very unprofessional and did not get a good feeling when I walked in

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Homes 4 Rent (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Initially contacted by a recruiter, followed by an online excel test, and then an in person interview also set up by recruiter. Interview was professional yet casual.

Interview Questions

• Interview was casual with a majority of the conversation focused on the companies profile.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Agoura Hills, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Homes 4 Rent (Agoura Hills, CA).

Interview

I went in for the interview and the receptionist was very friendly. I was met by two interviewers, One of them was very intense and barely cracked a smile, while the other had a bubbly personality. At first it was a little scary but after a few minutes we found common ground.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions, such as how do you handle pressure and change, previous job duties, etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Homes 4 Rent (Henderson, NV) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process very easy and friendly and supportive. It was a very quick process. My interviewer did follow up. If I needed anything she was available and pleasant and quick. Wonderful helpful friendly knowledgeable interviewer. Sent her a card afterward. Interviewer was upfront and honest about the position and about the company.

Acquisitions Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Homes 4 Rent (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

Very easy interview. Was hired on the spot. Very casual, but job specific questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You negotiate the salary at the interview... aim high.