American Honda Motor Interview Questions in Torrance, CA | Glassdoor

2.8

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Honda Motor (Torrance, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was online through a webcam. I interviewed with three people from management at the same time. I applied online, then I followed up with a phone call the next day. The recruiter offered me a interview on the phone. It was more of a conversation. The hiring managers were extremely nice and easy to talk to. The really just wanted to know more about me and my work ethic, they didn't ask any questions about Honda.

Communications Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Honda Motor (Torrance, CA).

Interview

Applied on-line thru corporate website. Quick phone interview first, then I was invited to corporate HQ for a 1 on 1 interview where I met with other team members.

Interview Questions

• What skills would I bring to the table?   2 Answers

Senior Environment and Safety Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Honda Motor (Torrance, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The overall interview process was smooth and efficient. I was contacted for a phone interview by AHM Human Resources within one week of submitting my application via the online system.
    Following my 15-20 minute phone interview I was contacted within two weeks for an in-person interview. I met with two of the scheduled three individuals regarding my experience and the opportunity. Everyone was pleasant and nice.

Interview Questions

• During the group/panel interview I was asked to pitch the group on a current product or campaign.   Answer Question

Field Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Honda Motor (Torrance, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online on Honda's website. Got a phone call which involved a few job related questions but no where near a formal "phone interview". Was then selected to go to a in-person interview. They flew me out, and paid for plane tickets and hotel. They were interviewing multiple people for this position that week, the interview date was locked and not the "at your convenience" type.

The interview was 2 part- a normal business interview and a second skills/knowledge assessment. Met with 6 people total. All were friendly and not too intimidating. I was the only one in the building wearing a suit and tie so maybe keep it more casual, sports jacket with a button down shirt. I felt like I looked like I was "trying too hard"

They are going to ask you about being comfortable relocating. Who has to be involved in that decision (wife, family, etc) What current job skills are relevant to this position. Name a time when this, this and this happened, what did you do... type of questions.

The skill assessment was 2 parts one electrical, one powertrain/mechanical. It was all verbal, you need to prove that you're knowledgeable and can handle yourself in any situation (that's the whole purpose of the job). Some questions were brand specific so if you don't have a background fixing honda's or acura's you're going to be at a loss.

Hiring decisions were made the following week. They were nice enough to call and let me know the outcome eventhough I didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain how to do a voltage drop test, why its necessary, and why it's favored over other methods of getting the same information.   Answer Question
    • Explain a time where you were unable to, or struggled with, diagnosing a problem on a vehicle   Answer Question
    • Explain and give examples of good & bad O2 sensor readings and behavior   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Honda Motor (Torrance, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

There were two interviews,
    and I was hired quite quickly; since the department there was short staffed at the time. The staff was very understanding for me to explain my situation as a college student. I very much appreciated them listening.

Interview Questions

• How did the waiter, who I accommodated as a busser, make me feel when they yelled at me?   1 Answer

Track Safety Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Honda Motor (Torrance, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Recruited got back to me a month later and set-up an interview. Interviewed in person. Was called back for a second interview at the track. I didn't hear anything for a month and then got an e-mail saying I did not get the job. The interview was pretty basic, but the position was really unique so it was hard to make my experience seem relevant to the position.

Interview Questions

• Are you OK working in desolate areas?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Honda Motor (Torrance, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I was first called by an HR Specialist and had a relatively easy conversation about my background. I was then move forward to an in-person interview with the hiring manager.

The interview with the hiring manager took about 1 hour a week later. The questions asked during my interview where not difficult and felt as more of a review of my background. I have to point out that I was a former Honda associate for 8 years and had been referred by an associate for the position. So, I felt very comfortable with the interview because I was very familiar with the business.

Interview Questions

• The usual behavioral questions and business case questions were asked.   1 Answer

Field Service Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Honda Motor (Torrance, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Technical exam with basic questions from Techline Support. Second part of interview with management was okay, no curve balls. Everyone was kind and respectful and even got follow-up from one of the hiring managers after the interview, which is unusual unless you're offered the job. HR was very difficult to contact. She did not send expense form to submit until many weeks later after many attempts, and then three months later have still not received reimbursement. Wouldn't expect this from Honda.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Honda Motor (Torrance, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

General interview process and they are incredibly accommodating as I did my interview from another state while I was at school over a screen share. The interview was with the head of human resources as they run the internship program. Didn't even feel too much like an interview as I ended up having a great conversation and discussion with my interviewer.

Interview Questions

• This company's culture is very oriented about teamwork. How do you interact within a team and how can you add value to that culture here?   Answer Question

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Honda Motor (Torrance, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Started with phone interviews with team lead and staff. Then followed by an onsite interview with members of the team. Questions involved past job experience, technical knowledge and social skills.