American Income Life Benefits Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

1.9

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Income Life (Blue Bell, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone only,. Spoke with HR Department and discussed the possibility of working for their organization. Not much information was given to me. I would be interested in a follow up discussion at a later date.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Income Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at American Income Life (Blue Bell, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

I came across this company at a Job Fair. They said they were expanding and hiring for Benefit Coordinators. I asked them to explain that role and they couldn't. I left my resume and left. The next day I get a call from someone in HR. They say the hiring manager looked over my resume and they think I'm a good fit. They ask if I can come in the very next day for an interview.
    I ask what role will I be interviewing for and HR says they're not sure. The hiring manager will decide what role would be the best fit.
    I arrive for the interview the next day. There is a diverse group of people waiting. I am greeted by someone other than who I was told to ask for. I go through a "mini" interview and they decide I might be a good fit. I'm invited to an information session to learn more about the company.
    I'm led to a conference room where many of the people from the front office are. We are subjected to this long and boring 90 min presentation about this company.
    Turns out they are looking to hire independent agents to sale their supplemental insurance products. The training is unpaid and you only get paid if you make a sale. Dishonest from the core!

Benefits Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Income Life.

Interview

The interview consisted of two parts. The first day was the initial screening interview (which honestly felt like no interview at all) and a presentation on what the job was. The second day was a "final interview," as they call it. I'm going to be honest and say that they really try to sell you on the job, but the key word is "sell."

Keep in mind going in that they're looking for people to work on commission when they ask for "Benefits Coordinators." If that's not your thing, don't accept the interview. It was my mistake for not realizing that and I wasted my time going in. Should you somehow get into the final interview, there is a possibility they'll try to get you to sign up for a certification course then and there. Just, be ready for pressure if you're on the fence.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to commit to taking the certification course today?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Income Life (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

They called me after finding my resume. I am not sure why you would reach out to a senior certified HR professional with ten years of experience for a 47K year role as a benefits customer service rep.

Benefits Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Income Life.

Interview

Fill out an application. Step 1 was a 1-on-1 interview. After they ask you to stay or comback for the group interview where they give the whole layout and then select a few afterwards to hire.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Income Life (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was not difficult at all... a manager screened me and brought me to a presentation room with 15 other applicants for the Benefits Coordinator position. It turned out that the BC position is basically a Life Insurance Enrollment "closer". You set up meetings with "client company" employees who showed interest in the AIL products and then you are to close the enrollment deal. The business sales model seems to be good... but the Benefits Coordinator title is very misleading. I'm not good at sales or getting people to sign up for anything so this won't work for me.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths? weaknesses? goals?
      What would you do if you are in this situation?
      Have you researched about AIL?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (Denver, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

I accepted the interview under the impression that I was 1) Interviewing with a different company, 2) Interviewing for a benefit coordinator position, and 3) would only be working with people who already enlisted. At the interview, it turned into a insurance sales position revolving heavily on cold calling.

Benefit Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at American Income Life.

Interview

I was emailed for an interview on the position after submitting resume online. I responded with my choice of time, did not hear anything back for a week. Finally heard back and was told I had to come in earlier or not at all. I came in, met with a manager for two minutes and was shown into the group information meeting for sales. Not the job description that I was given at all. It had a 50 question assessment to go with it. I was called back for a third interview even after saying this wasn't what I applied for. Ummm... no thanks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Income Life (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2016.

Interview

They called me after seeing my resume. I thought it was unusual... and then they said to dress formal, which was a red flag.
    One of my friends works in the exact same building and says that this business is the laughingstock of the other tenants.
    "Benefits coordinator" is a bait and switch title for "insurance sales". It would have been a long interview and a waste of my time.

Benefits Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Income Life.

Interview

Got a call from HR and came in for the interview. Don't remember applying anyway, so I was skeptical. Game then my Resume, and waited. Got my name called, they said, "you don't have a drivers license? ". Why is that an issue? A bus comes out here to work. So they told me to reschedule and take the test. After reading the reviews here I wont be returning.