American Income Life LIFE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Income Life LIFE Interview Questions

Updated Dec 6, 2016

1.9

Life Insurance Agent Interview

Interview

I was called in to schedule an interview, and I came in for the interview...
    Upon entering, it was surprising because the guy interviewing me had only been an employee for 3 weeks; I've been an independent insurance agent with another company for a year, so he was unable to answer a LOT of the questions that I had for him.

To get the bottom of it, I discovered that you'll be doing a hell of a lot of cold calls, that they say people asked you to call them... But we all know that isn't true.

I declined the interview request with the manager.

Interview Questions

• what aspect of the opportunity appeals to you the most?   Answer Question
    • what is your biggest concern about the opportunity?   Answer Question
    • have you discussed this opportunity with your spouse or significant other?   Answer Question
    • what questions or concerns do they have?   Answer Question
    • what are your career goals should you be invited to join our team?   Answer Question
    • what questions you have concerning the compensation and bonus program?   Answer Question

It's a pyramid scheme... You show up, and before they even train you, you try to talk other people to join! You make a bunch of cold calls, and try to tell everyone why they need to join a poorly run company

2-15 Life Insyrance Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Income Life (Fort Myers, FL).

Interview

Three interviews before selection is made. First is an individual then if you do well yiunare placed in a group interview. Last interview is at your convenience with the highest manager. Questions asked are to see what your ambitions are.

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Income Life (Middletown, CT).

Interview

They seem to hire everyone. Just come with a resume, they won't read, and in a positive attitude. Wear professional clothing. Must own a car.
    Speak like you would to an elderly person or a young child with enthusiasm. It's almost like a pyramid scheme; however, it is a legitimate company. The person interviewing you is most likely on the newer side in being there less than 3 years unless you get lucky.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Life Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Income Life.

Interview

Your first rounded up into a room with about 10 people you get your name called, sit down with a manager. If they like you Then u get called back into a briefing with 20 other people. They explain the job and if you want to take it they take you further on to the next process to meet with a manager again. Then they send u home telling you that they're call you if they "want" you

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (San Antonio, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very fast paced. About 30 people came in at the same time for an interview, handed out resumes to the receptionist, and then were called one by one to different managers in the office to have a personal interview. That part was fine, however it only lasted about 5 minutes (due to needing to get through all of the people) and seemed somewhat impersonal. Afterwards, we were all put in a room, assigned to sit on the first row/second row until all of the seats were filled. Then we sat. It was quiet with the exception of some music and the SGA asking if anyone wanted water or anything. We waited for about 20 minutes, which was awkward. Then the SGA shows a Powerpoint presentation on how much money you can make and about some trip you could go on. We had to fill out a questionnaire, was handed a folder, and we were told they would call us if they found us a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions

Right away, we were told to write down three people we know who would be a good fit for this job, essentially harassing your friends and family to be recruited so you can "build your team" and that is not something I'm interested in.

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Income Life (Charleston, SC) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview is phony. It's actually just a recruitment pep talk full of promises to as many a twenty people at a time. The first part is one on one with a "manager" who after a few BS questions tell you about five minutes later they would like you to move on the the next interview which again is NOT an interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to make a lot of money?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Selling Life Insurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (Troy, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

there was one cattle call interview in which i was one of maybe 40 people selected to be interviewed; the managers took notes on our behavior as we sat in the room; managers reviewed our resumes and a personality profile to determine callbacks; I got what I thought was a belated callback from a company spokesperson who did not know that I had already interviewed for a phase I interview; he was obviously confused when I told him I had already interviewed; later I got a callback from a manager who invited me in as one of a final group of 12 people to be trained at the company headquarters; I was one of only a couple of women; I paid for for fairly expensive training and showed up at the appointed time; I did the requisite homework over the weekend to prepare for the raining (many hours of reading and study); on the very first day of training the same manager who had hired me on asked me to step out of the training room and told me that the company had changed its mind about training me but gave no reason saying only that it had been determined that "I could not cut it" in what was a competitive industry; BTW: I have a PhD from the University of Chicago and three masters degrees as well as over 30 years of near flawless employment; no one asked me any relevant questions about my background or gave me any valid reasons for the determination that I "could not cut it" in the industry, only the arbitrary determination from a person who had never met me before, never checked any of my references and did no background research on me at all, that I would be insufficient. I am certain that I had better credentials than anyone else in the training room. I am over fifty and a woman in what is mostly an all male field but otherwise I cannot think of any other factor that might have ruled me out. .

Interview Questions

• There was a five page profile asking about my values and my work ethic.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Life Only Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Income Life.

Interview

The hiring process started out with me receiving an email about a job opportunity with a Labor Union. Walked into the waiting room to be interviewed along side several others and I had to refill out everything again on paper that I had already filled out online. I was told to come in at let's say noon, and wasn't interviewed til the order of when I was able to turn in the previously mentioned papers. The interviewing process was rushed because of the amount of people in the waiting room and after about three to four minutes into the interview I was asked if I wanted to stay for the next stage of the hiring process. No mention of the labor union or anything I studied about the company was asked of me (because the advertisement for the job was totally different then what they were actually hiring for). Despite this, several other colleagues and I continued to the next part of the hiring process and come to find out this was a sales job with great potential to make a decent to great income! They sent us home after filling out a couple short answer survey questions and a scenario questionnaire. Later that day they called those who I guess passed and asked us to come in for a second interview. At the second interview I saw only a handful of the people that were at the initial interview alongside many new faces; assuming a new batch of interviewees. Just another red flag, why did they need so many new people just having interviewed so many the week before? SO I went through to the second interview about an hour after I was told to be there and was hired. All in all it was an uncomfortable/odd/rushed/confused interviewing process and with them being sales people, they were able to convince me to take on a totally different job then what I had initially thought I was being interviewed for.

Interview Questions

• They will read directly off what you put down on the questionnaire. So if you were to put, "I'm a hard worker.", you may be asked to give an example of when being a hard worker paid off for you. I don't believe they're trained in the interviewing or hiring process, so they're pretty basic interview questions. But that was my experience, I don't know what other managers there would ask. I'd assume the same thing of most of them though.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Advice I'd give to other people is if you are set on a pure commissions based job, and willing to work very long hours to get a lot of money then go for it! It wasn't my type of work and I felt like I was deceiving those that I would be selling to. There are more riches in this world then the almighty dollar sign; didn't want to go against my morals just for monetary gain.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Income Life (Denver, CO) in November 2014.

Interview

big panel interview then random questions that dont apply to anything. and they throw numbers out there at a ridiculous amount of a salary that wasnt ever achieve by them or anyone else of that matter

Life Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Income Life in August 2014.

Interview

Well to start off, I found their add on Craigslist which was pretty vague and didn't even tell me who the actual company was. It just mentioned briefly about being a part of Torchmark. But I decided to send them my resume, and during the same day I received a response back saying that my resume matched what they were looking for. So I scheduled an interview for a couple days later and sat down with a manager for about 10-15 minutes where he asked the basic interview questions. For example: Why would you be a good fit, What's most important to you in a career, etc. Then they have you sit in on a company overview with the other candidates and also answer all your questions. Then they have you fill out a questionnaire at the end of the overview. They say that they will review it and if they like it they will call you back about a second interview. The second interview for me only lasted about 10 minutes before they offered me the job and then immediately after asks for $200 for their licensing class without mentioning anything ahead of time, so it caught me off guard. Lastly they give you your schedule for the next week so you can start your licensing class. Just be careful because they will throw money in your face, about all the potential there is, but they avoid mentioning that there aren't any guarantees.
     Hope this helps.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There really isn't any negotiation seeings that the job is commission based so you can't negotiate salary.