American Income Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Income Life Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

1.8

Account Coordinator Interview

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from AIL for an Account Coordinator for Union Members. I was misled and told the position involved educating union members on their benefits for which they had already enrolled for as established clients. Upon reading reviews on various jobs websites and AILcareers.com, I contacted the recruiter back to confirm what she had told me. She assured me this was a specific base plus bonus position. Once I arrived to the interview location, several unscrupulous looking characters, prostitutes in skimpy dresses with purple hair -literally, were arriving for their interviews. Obviously reluctant to even bother walking in for the cattle call, I felt it necessary to follow through with the interview to ensure I was not being overly judge mental. I waited a brief few moments while watching their "success stories" video playing in the lobby touting how previous substance abusers are finding Jesus and making a half million dollars working for AIL now!! I mean no disrespect to people with addiction problems and I love Jesus. PLEASE let's not abuse the people or use the Lords name in vein for making money!!!
    Upon meeting with "Ben Rothlisberger" wannabe and look alike, with sports memorabilia positioned all over his over priced rental office, I immediately clarified the position and details of my interview. He told me the recruiter I spoke with was out sick today. He stated she otherwise would have confirmed that I had "misperceived" what was discussed on the phone. He further went on to tell me I had tunnel vision and should not be negative on an interview. I let him know it was very unprofessional and totally disrespectful to waste my time and his. Certainly it is not appropriate pr ethical to use other's misfortunes in an attempt to lure people in a deceitful position. PLEASE don't waste your time or energy!!!

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing to consider when interviewing for a position?   1 Answer

Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Income Life.

Interview

Meet a manager. They just want to make sure you're normal. Then a group overview. After that you meet one on one with a senior manager. They will hire just about anyone who has social skills and can bs.

Manager In Tarining Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden Grove, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Income Life (Garden Grove, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I found their advertisement on a website which didn't mention the name of the company! Just said a management position in a union company with a very good salary! And when they sent me an email to invite for interview I asked for the name ad website of the company but no respond!!! it was a sales position and they do not pay you! If you have education and you are looking for a real job then stay away from these types of companies! all the want is salespeople who are working like pyramid systems!

Benefits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Income Life (Orlando, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Where do I begin... I wasn't told these are group interviews, so I was surprised to see twenty other candidates in the office. Outside, there were employees smoking right in front of the entrance. Inside, there was reggae music blaring, not the most professional choice. The "interview" consisted of confirming I had been employed at the jobs listed on my resume. There were no questions. I passed that first interview, and was offered to stay for a one hour presentation of the role. I went into a conference room with every person that had waited in the lobby with me. We listened to the presenter speak about the job and why everyone needs insurance. There was a racist comment at one point made by the presenter about Hispanics. We were told the position was a 1099, something I didn't know beforehand, and that we were required to get a $650 insurance license and a laptop, and the company pays for neither. We were also told to fill out a personality survey.

Those are the facts. It is my OPINION that this is a huge Ponzi scheme or some kind of scam. Look up customers from this company- there aren't many satisfied ones. Also, the employees had a very sleazy, used-car-salesman type of vibe. Despite the position being a "benefits representative" one, we were only told about how to sell insurance, even though we were adamantly and repeatedly told that we weren't going to be selling.

I walked out in the middle of the presentation feeling angry with myself that I wasted my time, gas, and child care money on an interview that wasn't even legitimate.

DON'T EVER INTERVIEW WITH THESE PEOPLE. It's a humongous waste of time and effort.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mira Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Income Life (Mira Mesa, CA).

Interview

They just made sure I had a pulse and a working car. They made sue i would be willing to drive all day long. If you speak Ann additional language, that is very helpful.

Benefits Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at American Income Life (San Antonio, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I received a call from a guy named Diego who said he found my resume online on CareerBuilder and he says that his office is looking for a Benefits Manager and he thought I'd be a good fit. So I schedule the interview and when I walk in there were 11 other people there waiting as well so I'm thinking damn have some competition. Well I finally get called back and the interview last about 2 minutes bc then I'm directed to a back room and offered water and told to fill out a form. As I'm waiting there is music laying loudly and then I notice several of the other people from the waiting room start coming in and are being directed to fill out the same paperwork. A few minutes later we are all sitting in the room when a different guy comes in and begins his pitch about the company. Tells us the history and how much we can make. Once he shows us the career path that's when it clicks in my head that this is a Ponzi scheme. Once it's over done we are told to fill out another paper and then told they would call us later in the day for a second interview. The job is strictly commission based and you have to pay for your own licenses.

Interview Questions

Can't work on just commission and it's a Ponzi scheme.

Benefits Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Income Life (Columbia, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

You come in and the 1st person ask you what do you know about the company. You pass if you did your research. Then you go into a room as a group and get a company overview. Then you discover it is Sales. Everything is cleverly designed.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Income Life.

Interview

I received a call for an interview about a management position. The staff was very friendly and the unterview was typical. But their typical interview process includes an hour intro group setting explaining the company and the position. The management position they mentioned was not the job that was available.
    I'm still not sure how the received my contact information in the first place.

Interview Questions

The job that was available was not the job that I went in to interview for. I felt I had been brought in under false pretenses when they had contacted me in the first place, I had never applied for the job or heard of the company until they called me.

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Income Life (Little Rock, AR) in March 2017.

Interview

The initial interview was a group interview to share the philosophy and the opportunities the company offers. If a person is invited back for a one-on-one interview, it will be a more in depth interview. The hiring process is in stages.

Interview Questions

• Out of 10 people we speak with how many would actually sign up?   1 Answer

Management Trainee/Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (Redmond, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

I do not recommend wasting your time interviewing with this company. The first interview (Wednesday) was extremely rushed, and the interviewer got up and started to walk out before even making sure I didn't have any questions. They failed over and over again to tell me what the company does and I was "shut down" every time I'd ask a question. I was told that the person who was actually supposed to interview me had an emergency so she was filling in, with that in mind I gave them the benefit of the doubt. After the first interview, I was asked for a second which I accepted and was scheduled for the next week (Tuesday). She told me if she could get me in sooner Thursday or Friday she would let me know.

She emailed me Wednesday afternoon saying she could get me in for my next interview Thursday morning. I accepted and showed up. Again, with a different person still seemed rushed and they didn't have much to say. Everything was extremely vague and I never felt like I had any clarity on any level for anything. I was asked back to a third interview the Friday the next morning and told to dress extremely business professional. My mistake for even going back. I show up dressed business professional, the staff walking around is in jeans and tennis shoes. Nick comes and grabs me and starts the conversation with "So I heard there was a scheduling conflict and you missed your third interview?" I was completely caught off guard and had no idea what he was talking about. Of course I tried to clear this but the response I got was "Oh it doesn't matter anyways" (Clearly it does). Through out the short interview, I would ask a question and he would make comments "Oh well that's what you would have went over in the third interview...." They try to trick you with what the job actually is. It is a sales based job, strictly commission. They try saying there is no cold calling....when you start getting down to the bottom of actual logistics, they are everything they say they are not or they become vague and don't answer you.

They focused on questions like "Do you have a support system and are there any conflicts" They kept asking about a Spouse and Significant other.

Interview Questions

• Who would you be and why   Answer Question
    • Does your Spouse or Significant other support you in this decision   Answer Question
    • They will ask what is your desired salary this year, next year and next few years   Answer Question