American Income Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,077 Interview Reviews

1.8

Benefits Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Income Life (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

They basically tried to sell me on the position and the fact it is completely commission based even though I said I was not interested after finding out there was no salary.... This company is a pyramid scheme! Those who aren't as educated will get easily sucked in. The whole process felt very sketchy.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toms River, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Income Life (Toms River, NJ) in September 2017.

Interview

pretty average interview that took around ten minutes. After the ten minute interview, you watch a presentation held by the branch manager and then are asked to answer a personality questionnaire.

Producer Interview

Interview

ask pretty basic questions nothing really in detail will almost give anyone the job if they are willing to work hard overall a pretty easy interview process i would take this job if it was offered to me again

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Income Life (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

They set it up like a synergy seminar, I was a room full of roughly 50 people and they ranted about how great it was to work for their company. It was not an interview it was a pitch.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to make money and work for yourself on your own time?   1 Answer

Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Income Life (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I was a personal recruit by an employee. AIL admin contacted me and scheduled an interview same day. The interviewing manager was friendly and described the position comprehensively. Then offered me a position.

Interview Questions

• Why was I interested in AIL?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Interview

Received a phone call for an interview. They found me, I didn't apply to them. After reading the reviews I was skeptical. I contacted the woman who had called to set up the interview and asked if it was a commission only job. She told me it was illegal to give me that information I would have to ask the manager during my interview. I cancelled my interview after that. Seems very sketchy to me.

Benefits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Income Life (Atlanta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

First of all, I applied for a company with the same position title. Different company. I got a very unprofessional email from a lady with multiple typos, no sign off signature, no company name, nothing. The email simply asked if i could come in for an interview regarding the benefit specialist position. I replied, asking if it was with the WellCare (the company i had applied for) she said, "Yes, at the weatherspoon agency." She gives me 2 times, I pick one. I arrive for the interview, and am greeted by a receptionist. I see about 20 other people waiting in the lobby. At this point, I still think i am interviewing with WellCare, and that the Weatherspoon agency is just the building, so i assume people are there for different companies inside the building. Wrong. I give the receptionist my resume, and she hands me a sheet to fill out with questions that are typically asked in person on an interview (What motivates you? Why would you be an asset to this company? How would friends describe you?) I fill this out and am taken to a "hire manger" (As my typo filled email described it) office. Mr. Harris asked me a couple of questions, like what can i improve upon in life, why would i be a good fit, etc. but it doesn't last more that 5 minutes. During the interview, he also asks me what i know about the company. I start telling him what i know about WellCare, and he doesn't stop me. He then invites me to a seminar to learn more about the position. I'm in a room with the same 20 people for an hour long presentation about the role. A couple of things that stood out to me: This was not WellCare. I had never even heard of the company AIL and was so confused on how they got my information.. I had applied directly through the WellCare Website, my cover letter said WellCare, I asked if the interview was with WellCare, and i told the hiring manager what I knew about WellCare. Come to find out I'm interviewing for a completely different company that I never applied to. The next thing that stood out was that one of the presenters said "this isn't a pyramid scheme. pyramid schemes aren't on the stock exchange." Kind of fishy... why would you mention a pyramid scheme? Why would you want to reassure people of that? probably because that's exactly what it seems like. The third thing that stood out was that they want you to pay about $150 to work for them. I've never had a job that makes you pay for your own background check.. that's odd. At the end of the presentation, a list of names were called out to stay after. My name was called. I was taken back into the office of Mr. Harris and I told him i was confused about the WellCare vs. AIL discrepancy, and he basically just played dumb. He said "I'm familiar with what you're talking about, but they have nothing to do with us... WellCare is probably just a placement center..." He invited me for a final round of interviews, and wanted me to bring another fill in the blank questionnaire, along with the $150 for my next interview. I felt uneasy about the whole thing, did a little research on the company, and will not be back for another interview. Definitely feel like my time was wasted and I was lied to.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?
      See above for more questions   Answer Question

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at American Income Life (Bellevue, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

Brief phone interview followed by an in person interview. Was asked to fill out a form asking how much I wanted to make, and if I could be anyone, who would I want to be and why. Told repeatedly how "exclusive" "competitive" they were. Wound up in a room with at least 30 other people watching a presentation about how great their company was with promises of 6 figure incomes. During the meeting found that they were not hiring managers, but MITs(Manager in Training) positions and repeatedly mentioned "investing $34,000.00" in the people they would choose to hire. I can only assume that means the wages were $34k annually then. Very misleading job posting and initial interviews. I walked out of he interview before it was over

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Income Life (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2017.

Interview

Very informal, show up and interview. I'm angry though. I applied for the management trainee position. I was called on Sunday to interview Monday morning at 9:15am. I drove over and was shown right in. We talked about what kind of position I was seeking and where I wanted to go in my career. And then they pulled the bait and switch. That's my problem. The interview wasn't for the Manager in Training position. They wanted to put me into a sales position. There was no offer or mention (on their side) of the management trainee position. Instead I had been invited down for a position I didn't want and the person on the phone had never mentioned that I wasn't coming down for that position. There's a better way to hire people, and they prey on the desperate.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself going?   1 Answer

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Income Life in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was quite lengthy. when I initially arrived I was given a piece of paper to fill out with basic information +2 references and there were a dozen people in the lobby waiting as well. I had to wait about a half hour until the person who had emailed me called me in to speak with him. We spoke for less than five minutes and then he brought me down to a meeting room where about nine or 10 of the initial dozen people were waiting and I was given a seven page personality profile questionnaire to complete. At that point, a new person came into the room and proceeded to do a 45 minute sales pitch on why it's so fantastic to work for this company and how it's so easy to move up in the world from a customer service rep to a senior manager and all of the money featured an example of what somebody might make through bonuses. They explained that the next step in the process was to review our personality profiles and they would call us back that afternoon to set up a third interview which will take place the following day. When I went home I felt uneasy about the prospect of going into a person's home to explain why their union had obtained extra insurance opportunities also I had to do some research because it was explained during the 45 minute presentation that before we could actually be hired we would need to go online to the website and pay $200 to take an online course on life insurance and then we would need to take the state test and pass it before we could work for this company. I ended up going to glassdoor.com and a few other websites like indeed.com to read some reviews. this is where I discovered how disappointed other people have been and that you do start as a 1099 contract employee not a direct employee and that in addition to explaining to people the union benefits you also had to try to sell them life insurance. Going into peoples homes as a woman to me seemed less than desirable in terms of my own safety and reading the reviews about how much evening and weekend work was required which was not talked about during the presentation also had me worried so I ended up calling and canceling the interview I had set up for the following day. I hope that if other people move forward they have a better experience!