American Income Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Income Life Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

1.8

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Income Life.

Interview

I received a call for an interview about a management position. The staff was very friendly and the unterview was typical. But their typical interview process includes an hour intro group setting explaining the company and the position. The management position they mentioned was not the job that was available.
    I'm still not sure how the received my contact information in the first place.

Interview Questions

The job that was available was not the job that I went in to interview for. I felt I had been brought in under false pretenses when they had contacted me in the first place, I had never applied for the job or heard of the company until they called me.

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Income Life (Little Rock, AR) in March 2017.

Interview

The initial interview was a group interview to share the philosophy and the opportunities the company offers. If a person is invited back for a one-on-one interview, it will be a more in depth interview. The hiring process is in stages.

Interview Questions

• Out of 10 people we speak with how many would actually sign up?   1 Answer

Management Trainee/Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (Redmond, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

I do not recommend wasting your time interviewing with this company. The first interview (Wednesday) was extremely rushed, and the interviewer got up and started to walk out before even making sure I didn't have any questions. They failed over and over again to tell me what the company does and I was "shut down" every time I'd ask a question. I was told that the person who was actually supposed to interview me had an emergency so she was filling in, with that in mind I gave them the benefit of the doubt. After the first interview, I was asked for a second which I accepted and was scheduled for the next week (Tuesday). She told me if she could get me in sooner Thursday or Friday she would let me know.

She emailed me Wednesday afternoon saying she could get me in for my next interview Thursday morning. I accepted and showed up. Again, with a different person still seemed rushed and they didn't have much to say. Everything was extremely vague and I never felt like I had any clarity on any level for anything. I was asked back to a third interview the Friday the next morning and told to dress extremely business professional. My mistake for even going back. I show up dressed business professional, the staff walking around is in jeans and tennis shoes. Nick comes and grabs me and starts the conversation with "So I heard there was a scheduling conflict and you missed your third interview?" I was completely caught off guard and had no idea what he was talking about. Of course I tried to clear this but the response I got was "Oh it doesn't matter anyways" (Clearly it does). Through out the short interview, I would ask a question and he would make comments "Oh well that's what you would have went over in the third interview...." They try to trick you with what the job actually is. It is a sales based job, strictly commission. They try saying there is no cold calling....when you start getting down to the bottom of actual logistics, they are everything they say they are not or they become vague and don't answer you.

They focused on questions like "Do you have a support system and are there any conflicts" They kept asking about a Spouse and Significant other.

Interview Questions

• Who would you be and why   Answer Question
    • Does your Spouse or Significant other support you in this decision   Answer Question
    • They will ask what is your desired salary this year, next year and next few years   Answer Question

Field Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was called up by an HR representative who said she wanted me to interview with a group of managers. Very vague about what the position or job was about. I showed up at the same time as 12 other people, and was "treated" to a group presentation/sales pitch by a junior salesman. No interview, no group of managers, no room for one on one questions. I left with more questions than I had when I came.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Income Life (Aurora, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

In my opinion, this was a waste of time & a scam! The position advertised does not match what you will be interviewing for. The job is really a commission only insurance sales position with NO paid training. Here’s what I experienced:
    You will join numerous others in the waiting room; complete a form re: type of car you have & criminal background information.
    You will then be called into a small room to have a 3-4 minute 1:1 with an employee who tells you that they made $65K in 9mn when they first started.
    After that, they will escort you to a large room where you will complete a personality questionnaire and wait for a group presentation.
    The presenter strutted in like a peacock. At this point, I walked out (as did a few others). If I had stayed, I would probably have waited around a few hours for another "interview" & then been offered a job.

Manager of Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (Vancouver, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was 5 stages. Great people to interview with. All seen very knowledgeable about their processes and could teach the right person. The team really evaluate not only your alignment with the company but identify your needs to see how good the fit will be.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been afraid to go after something?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toms River, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Income Life (Toms River, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

Answered a Craigslist ad, was called in for an interview. Was only given a 5 minute one-on-one interview and was then escorted to a conference room to wait for a group information session with 16 others. Also given a personality type test. Played loud music before and after session. Felt like a time share presentation. Not for me. They seem to offer a good product but don't understand why they seek associates the way they do. Very secretive before they get you in there.

Benefits Analyst Interview

Interview

1:1 interview lasted literally 7 minutes. Then was shuffled off upstairs with 15-20 others for an introduction to the company and job responsibilities.

After an hour and a half, I realize this is a sales position, not an analyst position. I left during the presentation.

Interview Questions

• What kind of work history do you have, do you have a reliable vehicle and can you buy yourself a laptop.   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (Orlando, FL).

Interview

The interview process was straight-forward. You sit in a waiting room of a squat, one story office building tucked away behind other businesses. Receptionist was kind. Lots of hustle and bustle of people in suits walking back and forth, seeming important. Finally, one came and took me to his office. You could tell he was trying to exude the affluent businessman persona. Nice enough guy though. He asked me a few questions about myself; told me he liked my drive, etc. Then he explained the business to me. If you've ever done Amway or anything like that, you know what to expect. It's basically a legal pyramid scheme. You just recruit more people into the business, you get more money for recruiting them, more when they recruit others, so on and so forth as you move up the ranks. He showed me different categories, etc. "once you get to this position you're a millionaire". Overall guaranteed employment with no pay basically. It's commission based, and a waste of time if you need steady income.

Interview Questions

• Name three of your best attributes that contribute to success in the workplace?   Answer Question

Benefits Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Income Life.

Interview

Fill out an application. Step 1 was a 1-on-1 interview. After they ask you to stay or comback for the group interview where they give the whole layout and then select a few afterwards to hire.