American Income Life Life Insurance Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Income Life Life Insurance Agent Interview Questions

Updated Dec 6, 2016

1.5

Life Insurance Agent Interview

Interview

I was called in to schedule an interview, and I came in for the interview...
Upon entering, it was surprising because the guy interviewing me had only been an employee for 3 weeks; I've been an independent insurance agent with another company for a year, so he was unable to answer a LOT of the questions that I had for him.

To get the bottom of it, I discovered that you'll be doing a hell of a lot of cold calls, that they say people asked you to call them... But we all know that isn't true.

I declined the interview request with the manager.

Interview Questions

• what aspect of the opportunity appeals to you the most?   Answer Question
  • what is your biggest concern about the opportunity?   Answer Question
  • have you discussed this opportunity with your spouse or significant other?   Answer Question
  • what questions or concerns do they have?   Answer Question
  • what are your career goals should you be invited to join our team?   Answer Question
  • what questions you have concerning the compensation and bonus program?   Answer Question

It's a pyramid scheme... You show up, and before they even train you, you try to talk other people to join! You make a bunch of cold calls, and try to tell everyone why they need to join a poorly run company

Other Interview Reviews for American Income Life

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Income Life (Middletown, CT).

Interview

They seem to hire everyone. Just come with a resume, they won't read, and in a positive attitude. Wear professional clothing. Must own a car.
    Speak like you would to an elderly person or a young child with enthusiasm. It's almost like a pyramid scheme; however, it is a legitimate company. The person interviewing you is most likely on the newer side in being there less than 3 years unless you get lucky.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Life Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Income Life.

Interview

Your first rounded up into a room with about 10 people you get your name called, sit down with a manager. If they like you Then u get called back into a briefing with 20 other people. They explain the job and if you want to take it they take you further on to the next process to meet with a manager again. Then they send u home telling you that they're call you if they "want" you

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (San Antonio, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very fast paced. About 30 people came in at the same time for an interview, handed out resumes to the receptionist, and then were called one by one to different managers in the office to have a personal interview. That part was fine, however it only lasted about 5 minutes (due to needing to get through all of the people) and seemed somewhat impersonal. Afterwards, we were all put in a room, assigned to sit on the first row/second row until all of the seats were filled. Then we sat. It was quiet with the exception of some music and the SGA asking if anyone wanted water or anything. We waited for about 20 minutes, which was awkward. Then the SGA shows a Powerpoint presentation on how much money you can make and about some trip you could go on. We had to fill out a questionnaire, was handed a folder, and we were told they would call us if they found us a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions

Right away, we were told to write down three people we know who would be a good fit for this job, essentially harassing your friends and family to be recruited so you can "build your team" and that is not something I'm interested in.

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Income Life (Charleston, SC) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview is phony. It's actually just a recruitment pep talk full of promises to as many a twenty people at a time. The first part is one on one with a "manager" who after a few BS questions tell you about five minutes later they would like you to move on the the next interview which again is NOT an interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to make a lot of money?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Income Life (Denver, CO) in November 2014.

Interview

big panel interview then random questions that dont apply to anything. and they throw numbers out there at a ridiculous amount of a salary that wasnt ever achieve by them or anyone else of that matter

Life Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Income Life in August 2014.

Interview

Well to start off, I found their add on Craigslist which was pretty vague and didn't even tell me who the actual company was. It just mentioned briefly about being a part of Torchmark. But I decided to send them my resume, and during the same day I received a response back saying that my resume matched what they were looking for. So I scheduled an interview for a couple days later and sat down with a manager for about 10-15 minutes where he asked the basic interview questions. For example: Why would you be a good fit, What's most important to you in a career, etc. Then they have you sit in on a company overview with the other candidates and also answer all your questions. Then they have you fill out a questionnaire at the end of the overview. They say that they will review it and if they like it they will call you back about a second interview. The second interview for me only lasted about 10 minutes before they offered me the job and then immediately after asks for $200 for their licensing class without mentioning anything ahead of time, so it caught me off guard. Lastly they give you your schedule for the next week so you can start your licensing class. Just be careful because they will throw money in your face, about all the potential there is, but they avoid mentioning that there aren't any guarantees.
     Hope this helps.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There really isn't any negotiation seeings that the job is commission based so you can't negotiate salary.

Life Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Income Life in August 2014.

Interview

They called me telling me I applied online, I did not. I said, "is this a sales type job? If so, I am not interested." They said, "Well, we have sales jobs, but there are other jobs available, so why don't you come in and check it." So needless to say, I believed her and came in. They did a seminar, showed you the great potential of what you can do there. That you can make all this money, with basic effort. But with a lot of hard work, you can make a lot more.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel is your biggest accomplishment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. You basically take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Income Life (San Diego, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

First round I went to the office and had a very short 10-15 minute interview with a young woman then was taken into a conference room with all the other applicants where we were told about all the money we would make and how much you can make in commission and bonuses and were asked to fill out a questionnaire about ourselves.
    A few days later I was called in for the final round in which I interviewed with one of the Master Agents.

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (Vancouver, WA) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied from Craigslist posting, said it was 5 step process to make it sound more difficult than it really was. Very easy but very drawn out, they will hire anyone of they have enough money to pay for their licensing and buy into their b.s. they feed you, and just see who sticks around and who doesn't.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about American Income   1 Answer