American Income Life Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Income Life Management Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2017

1.8

Management Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at American Income Life in January 2017.

Interview

Called about management position based on my resume for my Bachelors degree. Lady on the phone was extremely vague and seemed over pleased that I would be considering the job offer. Went on to glassdoor and did a little research, and have found that it is all a big scam for commission-based crap; therefore I will not be attending my cattle call interview scheduled for tomorrow. Glad I did research before wasting my time.

Interview Questions

• If i was looking for a management postion   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for American Income Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Income Life (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

I am a financial analyst and was consistently contacted by Altig for a manager interview. They saw my resume online when I was in a job search. When they explained the role, I wasn't really interested, but they were persistent, so I decided to check it out since they seemed to eager to meet with me, and it can't hurt to get additional interview experience. Wish I would have visited Glassdoor about the interview experience before going in person. A total waste of time. At first, they made it sound like I would be meeting in 1-1 with one of the upper managers, but once I got there there was a group of people, not even dressed appropriately for a job interview. Then they took us into a large room to give us a presentation. I wanted to leave there right there and then. It was insulting how misleading they were. No person with an experienced background in financial analysis or finance management would ever want to take that job. A terrible waste of time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wexford, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Income Life (Wexford, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied on Indeed for a Management position and shortly later received a phone call for an interview. I showed up to the lobby of the company with a room full of people interviewing for jobs. I was pulled into a small tiny office and talked to an associate for less than 5 mins and handed a personality test to complete in another room.

A group of about 20 of us were placed into a conference room where two speakers explained the company and how insurance works. It almost seemed like they had sales associated practicing how to sell insurance.I was very frustrated with this process because anytime you apply for any position with any company you should do you homework and research on that company and the position. After wasting an hour and a half of my time I walked out in the middle of the one speakers.

I took an extended lunch break from my current job to go to this interview. Was a complete waste of any professionals time.

Management Interview

Interview

Very long and extensive. Had to drive there 5 times so they could interview in different forms, the first one was meeting with someone that doesn't tell you anything they just do a personality test, second was a group interview which was weird to me where they talked about the company, third and fourth you met with another manager about the opportunity and the fifth time is when they hired you or not. I was very confused through the WHOLE process it wasn't very well said to how things worked.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. 100% commission which was not told to me till the trainer told you.

Anonymous Employee in Beltsville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (Beltsville, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

Quick and gave information needed. They asked me about my background and what it was i was looking for in a carreer. Gave me a vision to keep me engaged in the group meeting. Made me feel welcomed and ready to start

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Income Life in March 2016.

Interview

Was called for a phone interview took about 10 minutes then invited in for a face to face interview lasted.about 30 minutes. The position I applied for was management but the position being offered was sales.
    Commission based pay going to people's houses to sell insurance.
         I was told need to have a state license to sell insurance which I would have to obtain on my own.
         It was also explained that it is a 4 step interview process.
         The biggest disappointment was my interviewer said the hiring team typically meets up to discuss the candidates but I was offered on the spot to come back for another group interview. The downfall of this was that while I was in the waiting room I saw several other candidates and heard them all saying see you tomorrow which was when my interviewer invited me back.

Interview Questions

Not interested in sales and pay is only commission. No medical benefits provided.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Income Life (Hamilton, NJ) in September 2015.

Interview

I told the woman on the phone scheduling interviews that I was not interested in a commission based income as that is my current job and was willing to accept less money than I currently make in order to have a more stable income stream. She told me that wasn't an issue as they have many different positions available.

The office that I interviewed at was strange to say the least. There were many people waiting for their interview when I walked in. There were only a few small offices but what was strange was each office consisted of a desk, phone and file cabinet. There were almost no pictures on any walls and no personal effects on any desk. It's as if no one either uses the office or stays there long enough to settle in. The "interviewer" really didn't have a clue on how to interview someone so I stopped the interview and told him as I told them several times previously, that I was not interested in commission based income. He told me that a commission based sales job is all they are hiring for and apologized for wasting my time and I left. It seems that the "recruiter" aka the receptionist was more interested in filling the schedule than to actually recruit people interested in what they were offering.

I can't speak to anything else. Commision based income is not a bad job and can be very rewarding. In realty the vast majority of people are not ready to devote the time and money it takes to actually make any real income from a commission based job. It takes a long time to develop a client list and often you spend 14-16 hours per day working and don't make any money. There are quite a few upfront costs and you will have to be prepared to spend quite a while before receiving any type of pay. That said once you break into the business you can do very well.

Read the other reviews on this site as they are very helpful and from what I can tell appear to be truthful.

Interview Questions

• Why are you willing to leave your current job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (Troy, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

Group presentation. About 50 people were brought in from different places and lectured about on what American Income Life is all about by three people. If you were lucky then you would get a call for a second interview. The only thing is that your really going to start out as a sales person selling insurance when I was told that I was coming in for a management position. You would have to pay for 40 hours of training and tests, buy a laptop, pay for your gas even before you begin.

Interview Questions

• Do I have any problem paying for my 40 hours of training?   1 Answer

Because I was not really being hired for a management position as stated but would be offered what was available. Then they wanted you to pay for everything.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by an AIL recruiter by phone about open positions. I asked point blank more than once if this was a sales position. I was assured that it was not sales, they were hiring for management positions. I explained that I had spent 10 years in insurance sales and I got out of it due to being tired of the "grind" of sales.
    As I said, I was repeatedly assured that it was not sales. On that assurance I made the appointment for the interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to tell the interviewer about myself.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (Richmond, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a total sham. The email was a cut and paste response. I thought it odd, but continued. I had done my research that said the interview process was not what they said it would be, but I decided to try. I received an email with the name of the person I was to see. When I showed up that person was " sick" . I was told to dress business professional and the interviewer was not dressed bp at all. I asked where the person I was suppose to see was and she told me she did not do interviews. When I mentioned I had an email stating so, she just sat there and shrugged her shoulders. The interview was scripted, she was reading off of a clipboard, and the questions were not job interview questions at all. I walked out mid interview.