American Income Life Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 14, 2017

1.8

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at American Income Life (Grand Rapids, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

I received multiple phone calls and e-mails concerning a management position with the company. I was not sure how they received my resume as I never applied. They wanted me to come in for an interview ASAP but I said I wouldn't until someone explained the position or compensation. I was told I would be in a "Customer Service" role helping people pick their benefits. It was still Vague so I asked for a day to day of the tasks but I was also denied this information. After asking enough questions they finally admit it is a Commision based sales job with no benefits or stability. Having receptionists lie to you in hope you will come to a job interview is no way to run a business. The managers make more money when they have more employees, make no mistake, they do not care about you and they never looked at your resume. They also will make you pay to get licensed and they make you pay for your background check. AKA they aren't investing in you as they say.

Interview Questions

• Can you come in tomorrow to meet about the job?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for American Income Life

Management? Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I interviewed at American Income Life (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Haven't finished it yet. Try to do research on Glassdoor to see if I want to go any further in the interview process and possibly take the job. Really pushy initial two & a half hour interview and then presentation.

Interview Questions

• They really haven't asked me anything yet. Goin to second interview today. Not really sure I believe all the things they are saying & promising. Very confused on what to do.   1 Answer

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Income Life in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was quite lengthy. when I initially arrived I was given a piece of paper to fill out with basic information +2 references and there were a dozen people in the lobby waiting as well. I had to wait about a half hour until the person who had emailed me called me in to speak with him. We spoke for less than five minutes and then he brought me down to a meeting room where about nine or 10 of the initial dozen people were waiting and I was given a seven page personality profile questionnaire to complete. At that point, a new person came into the room and proceeded to do a 45 minute sales pitch on why it's so fantastic to work for this company and how it's so easy to move up in the world from a customer service rep to a senior manager and all of the money featured an example of what somebody might make through bonuses. They explained that the next step in the process was to review our personality profiles and they would call us back that afternoon to set up a third interview which will take place the following day. When I went home I felt uneasy about the prospect of going into a person's home to explain why their union had obtained extra insurance opportunities also I had to do some research because it was explained during the 45 minute presentation that before we could actually be hired we would need to go online to the website and pay $200 to take an online course on life insurance and then we would need to take the state test and pass it before we could work for this company. I ended up going to glassdoor.com and a few other websites like indeed.com to read some reviews. this is where I discovered how disappointed other people have been and that you do start as a 1099 contract employee not a direct employee and that in addition to explaining to people the union benefits you also had to try to sell them life insurance. Going into peoples homes as a woman to me seemed less than desirable in terms of my own safety and reading the reviews about how much evening and weekend work was required which was not talked about during the presentation also had me worried so I ended up calling and canceling the interview I had set up for the following day. I hope that if other people move forward they have a better experience!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Income Life (Mansfield, MA).

Interview

I was contacted after applying. I was rushed on the phone screen and immediately invited in for an interview on one of three dates available. Three days later I got another call from another position that I applied for listed under a different company name. They invited me to an interview on the same date and time. I told them that I had an interview with the first company and they apologized for "double calling" me. I looked up both companies and made the connection that they were all linked to American Income Life.
    I arrived at my interview. It was at a seemingly vacant multiple story office building in Mansfield, MA. There was someone in the lobby directing people to the interview. In the office, there was a a woman behind a desk handing out personality surveys.
    There were several people sitting in the office and it felt like a doctor's office. I was pulled aside by one person who worked there, complimented on my suit and told that I would soon be going into another room and needed to make a good impression with the Regional Manager. He said that they were inviting 100 job seekers in today and it was going to be a mad house. However, they were only taking 3 people.
    I then entered the next room and continued to pretend like this was normal, because I was still a little curious.
    I then sat through a 2 hour lecture on selling insurance. I was told if I work 7 days a week I could make a six digit salary within 2 years without any experience. I could tell that several of the sales tactics used by associates were being practiced on me and the other 1-15 applicants in the room.
    I felt lied too and trapped in the room. I checked out almost immediately after the speaker started selling me on the scheme. I was 100% checked out when he told me he was not a good student and that the company is not looking at peoples resumes. They are only looking at people to invest in the company, work hard and then those people will become millionaires in 10 years.
    This hiring scheme is not honest.

Interview Questions

• Please indicate at the end of the :information session" if you want to be contacted for a follow up interview. We don't want fence-sitters.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Income Life (Raleigh, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

I was suspicious of this company prior to the interview, but decided to give it a try anyhow. However, this company is nothing but a pyramid / Ponzi scheme. I professionally expressed my frustrations with the company since I had called four times prior to the interview to be sure it was not a sales position and then I left.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Income Life (Raleigh, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

Walked in to see approximately 15 other people waiting. Filled out a clipboard with my information. Spoke to one employee individually about past school/work experience. "Moved on" to presentation by an executive within the company. Basic pyramid marketing type of work. You must pay for your training if you wish to continue. I sat through the entire process solely for interview experience, but I was not happy that my time was wasted and I was lied to about the type of position.

Interview Questions

• Do you want endless opportunities for growth in a company with no ceiling?   1 Answer

Management Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at American Income Life in January 2017.

Interview

Called about management position based on my resume for my Bachelors degree. Lady on the phone was extremely vague and seemed over pleased that I would be considering the job offer. Went on to glassdoor and did a little research, and have found that it is all a big scam for commission-based crap; therefore I will not be attending my cattle call interview scheduled for tomorrow. Glad I did research before wasting my time.

Interview Questions

• If i was looking for a management postion   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wexford, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Income Life (Wexford, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied on Indeed for a Management position and shortly later received a phone call for an interview. I showed up to the lobby of the company with a room full of people interviewing for jobs. I was pulled into a small tiny office and talked to an associate for less than 5 mins and handed a personality test to complete in another room.

A group of about 20 of us were placed into a conference room where two speakers explained the company and how insurance works. It almost seemed like they had sales associated practicing how to sell insurance.I was very frustrated with this process because anytime you apply for any position with any company you should do you homework and research on that company and the position. After wasting an hour and a half of my time I walked out in the middle of the one speakers.

I took an extended lunch break from my current job to go to this interview. Was a complete waste of any professionals time.

Management Interview

Interview

Very long and extensive. Had to drive there 5 times so they could interview in different forms, the first one was meeting with someone that doesn't tell you anything they just do a personality test, second was a group interview which was weird to me where they talked about the company, third and fourth you met with another manager about the opportunity and the fifth time is when they hired you or not. I was very confused through the WHOLE process it wasn't very well said to how things worked.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. 100% commission which was not told to me till the trainer told you.

Anonymous Employee in Beltsville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (Beltsville, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

Quick and gave information needed. They asked me about my background and what it was i was looking for in a carreer. Gave me a vision to keep me engaged in the group meeting. Made me feel welcomed and ready to start