American Income Life Management Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Income Life Management Trainee Interview Questions

1.2

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Management Trainee Interview

Interview

I was contacted to interview for a management position. They were very vague. Once I got there found out it was an insurance sales pyramid scheme. The interview process was a presentation of promises to make lots of money. I did not finish the process.

Interview Questions

• If you could be someone else, who would you be and why?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Income Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (Nashville, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

I was invited to an interview in which I sat down with a "gatekeeper" recruiter. After five minutes of small talk, she asked if I was available to stay for 45 more minutes for a group interview. At the time I needed to kill an hour, so I agreed; I imagine for people with a busier schedule this would be off putting and inconsiderate. I wish I had not agreed to stay and watch.

The group interview was led by a female agent, who treated the entire group as if we were ignorant children. The position was ambiguously advertised to misdirect applicants into thinking we were being enrolled in a management trainee program, when it was for 100% commission based insurance sales. If you are built for it, Sales is an excellent path; when you're not expecting to encounter it, however, it makes for a poor experience.

The agent giving the presentation went through PowerPoint slides about how amazing the company was, which was more or less business as usual. She made the point of telling us about how good she was at her job, which remained to be seen, and Afterward we were directed to fill out a worksheet that asked us any questions we might have had and was designed to weed out weaker applicants.

I declined to fill it out and thanked the manager, who had been hovering in the background, on my way out. In the parking lot, I overheard a woman who had left a minute or two before me on her cell relating a similar experience to mine.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a little bit about yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Income Life (Vancouver, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

I arrived at the office and was asked for a resume then given an application that asked who would I like to be for a day and why? Within a few minutes I was taken back to be told absolutely nothing about the company or job but I could attend a presentation that would answer all my questions.
    Well, the presentation had a lot of useless info about how we would be really helping the working class americans (which they define as two people making $20 an hour each) and helping all the little children too. Oh! Don't forget about all the money. Within a year we would all be making close to $90k.
    Needless to say, it is a scam. Multi-level marketing, pyramid scheme, whatever you want to call it. You must pay money for licensing and you are not really an employee, more of a contractor.
    I was asked to come back to talk with someone else but I declined.

Anonymous Employee in Sharonville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Income Life (Sharonville, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

2 interviews, one was 1 on 1, the other was with a larger group of people. Hiring managers kept in touch during process of attaining the insurance license. Very easy, was just looking for a specific type of person who was personable and a self-starter.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be good for this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wexford, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Income Life (Wexford, PA) in May 2012.

Interview

I first talked with the recruiter about the management trainee position. She told me a little bit about the company and what they do and then told me about the trainee position. She basically said I would be trained to manage a group of people. The only question I had was about sales. She assured me that this was not a sales position so I decided to go to the interview. The initial one on one was not even with the person I was scheduled with. It lasted about 5 minutes and the girl just asked about strengths, weaknesses, and how competitive I was. After that I was sent into a room with about 25 other people. I had to sit through a presentation about how the consisted of going to peoples' houses selling them insurance. This presentation lasted about one hour. As soon as it was done I, along with about 8 other people, walked out. This whole interview process was such a waste of time!! If you don't want to be in sales, do not go to this interview.

Interview Questions

They lied to me about what the job was.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Income Life (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2012.

Interview

I found the position on the State of Indiana's Career website and applied. I applied on January 19th and received a phone call on the 23rd asking if I would like to interview for the management position on the 25th. I said yes and was given an interview time, told to bring a copy of my resume, paper and pen.

When I showed up for my interview there were 10 other in the waiting area already. Six more arrived after me and soon after I had a one on one interview with a manager. Not the person I was told I would be interviewing with.

But anyway the interview went well and seemed like a normal interview until It was explained to me that there are basically 4 phases of the interview process. The first being a one on one that I had just completed followed by a presentation If felt interested in continuing the interview process. I said sure, as I didn't have any other appointment to get to so why not.

I was taken to a room where most of the people who I had seen in the waiting area were sitting. It felt strange as they had gotten there before me and while i was in my interview had somehow already gone through the one on one also and where already waiting for the presentation.

I sat at the front and waited while the other applicants finished and came in. While we were waiting we were handed what amounted to a personality test which I filled out.

We where first shown a very glamourous video presentation showing the CEO of the company talking at a conference and then the shining stars in the company that have excelled very quickly with the company. It was very hollywood-esque with great music, editing and announcer.

After we finished watching the video a young lady came in and proceeded to give a powerpoint presentation explaining what the company does, who they work for and what the goals of the company are. Then she explained what our role would be. That if we were chosen for the position that we would start out at the bottom and after 2 - 6 months would be in some sort of management role. But we would still be continuing our weekly duties. And if we were successful after a year we could advance to even higher levels of management and so on as far as we wanted if we were successful at our position.

We were then handed a questionar that basically amounted to why we should be picked for the position. I started filling it out as I didn't want to be the first one out of the room. But once a few had left I got up without finishing the form. I declined to give the 2 forms to the receptionist and informed her that I was not interested in continuing. That this was not the type of job I was expecting and did not see myself fitting into what they wanted as a candidate.

The people were very up beat and happy. Friendly and polite to interview with only one exception. When we were being presented with the info about the company one lady at the back fell assleep and was snoring. The presenter ask the person next to her to wake her. The lady apologized and said I work nights. The presenter said that was fine you can leave now. I can see both sides of this and am neutral on the way it was handled. The feeling I got from the experience was that if your "one of them" so to speek then its a great company and a great environment to work in. But you have to be "One of them" ie be someone who has all of the 7 C's, which was something that was explained in the presentation.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall there being any I felt were difficult to answer or un expected.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Income Life (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2012.

Interview

I received a call from someone within the company who had mentioned that they had seen my resume. To begin with the "phone interview" was less like an interview and more like a sales pitch. I was still undecided if the company was legitimate or not so I decided to go ahead and visit for a 1:1 interview. Again the interview was more of a sales pitch for a pyramid scheme than a legitimate company. They offered me to reschedule for a presentation, but I decided not to waste more of my time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (Grand Rapids, MI) in August 2010.

Interview

I received a call on Tuesday that the manager had reviewed my resume and wanted me to come in for an interview. I accepted and we scheduled for 11am on Wednesday. I waited outside the door of the office (which was vacant) for 5-10 minutes until they showed up. We walked inside with about 5 others who were all scheduled for the same time. There were two employees of AIL who handed out applications to fill out then we went in to talk to them for about two minutes. They looked over my resume while asking a few general questions then gave me a rundown of how the process worked. First the one on one interview which i was currently in. Then if they liked what they seen I would move on to a presentation of the company. After that they would discuss who they wanted to come back for a third interview which was the very next day and in their words would be a hiring interview. I made it through the presentation and they called me back later that day. I was disappointed in the fact that they were so unprofessional and were advertising for a management trainee but the real position was bottom level outside sales.

Interview Questions

• Would you be in a position to pay the 295 for insurance licensing tomorrow to get started?   Answer Question

I was disappointed in the fact that they were so unprofessional and were advertising for a management trainee but the real position was bottom level outside sales. It all seemed to me like they were people farming and trying to get as many people underneath them sent out to make them money. The two guys that were there to their credit were very nice but there was just something about it I didn't like.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

AIL first contacts you by phone claiming they have seen your resume online, and ask some very basic questions. They claimed they were hiring marketing and human resources managers. This should have immediately put up red flags as I did not apply for this position. I was unemployed at the time and decided to check it out. The interview is a three step process. The first step is a one-on-one with someone from the office. They do not even look at your resume and ask very broad, basic behavioral questions. Honestly, I should have walked away after this stage. However, they ask if you could sit through an hour long information session, which is essentially company propaganda. The products they sell are not competitive and they attempt to deceive prospects by distributing "gift certificates". They also require you to take the provincial insurance course and pay for it yourself without a guaranteed return. They then ask you to come back within a few days for an interview with one of the sales managers. I took it because my schedule was free. They ask a few more behavioral questions and inform you of the firm's compensation package.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Income Life (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

All basic questions. It's a group interview. They have three people, but only one is talking. Ask me to send them an email to state how suitable you are for AIL.