American Income Life Sales Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Income Life Sales Agent Interview Questions

Updated May 31, 2017

1.7

Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Income Life.

Interview

Meet a manager. They just want to make sure you're normal. Then a group overview. After that you meet one on one with a senior manager. They will hire just about anyone who has social skills and can bs.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Income Life

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Income Life (Orlando, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Very Quick and promised a lot that never happened, spoke about calling and reaching out to you while you study for the test, never received a call. Stated that they will pay you while our in the field minimum 500.00 and barely made 100.00. Just made it sound really good but never delivered on anything.

Interview Questions

• How much money do you want to make?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Income Life (Boise, ID) in December 2016.

Interview

Quick and easy. Two managers interviewed myself and seemed kind of scripted. Could tell it wasn't for me when they started talking about "how much you could make". The two that interviewed me were professional, but not okay with how they said we aren't making decisions then had a group meeting the very next day at 09:00.

Interview Questions

• What I would bring to the company.   1 Answer

Not for me. Seemed very Ponzi scheme.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (Columbia, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

Basic 5 min interview first, then if you pass, you go onto am hr presentation about the company. If selected after that, there is a final interview where you are offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Are you a competitive person? On a scale of 1-10, 10 being highly competitive how do you rate yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henrico, VA

Interview

Just as the other reviews say, it's a pyramid scheme and a scam. do not waste your time on them at all. They try to convince you that they choose you in particular to take their management part, become a sales agent, but it's all a lie.

Interview process is extremely long and unnecessary, this isn't a real job, they sit you down for a sales presentation and try to convince you to join and pay your own fees to become a licensed insurance salesperson

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (Albuquerque, NM) in March 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a young lady ,she let me know that they are a benefits union based company that is hiring and would love for me to come in. They requested my resume and to come in dressed professionally. She did let me know it was a group overview over the phone where the Manager was going to explain pay rate, Hours,& Company history.
     I went in the next morning ,arrived early was greeted as soon as i walked in ( very friendly) i was asked to fill out a form and hand my resume in. I sat waited maybe about 5 minutes , the manger came out introduced himself and took me to his office . He asked me what i knew about the company, then went on to explain that they are a union based life insurance , he INVITED me to a group where he would explain everything and asked if i had time. I said yes and he escorted me to the back where i saw others and i started conversation which i assumed is what they were looking for ( he let me know they needed people who had the capacity to work. what i really appreciated was that i didn't feel forced to do any of this. I stayed trough the overview which was about 45 minutes long. Loved the Ambiance and information i received ,it was very upfront and i learned something new. I was asked Back for a second interview , they gave me an app to prepare me for the second interview so that was very helpful. I came back Knowing about the license fee (learned it in the overview) . He let me know how the policies work , and how the license process works. I paid 100$ for the study material, 45 $ for the back ground and 105.$ for the exam . i knew what i was paying for before paying for it.
    Over all I gave it the opportunity and opened my mind and went in to that interview with the positive and correct mindset and it worked out splendid for me.
    Hopefully this helped some of you out there to just remember take an opportunity with the correct mindset.
    Thanks
    have a blessed one

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you will be a good fit for this?
      Where do you want to be in 5 years?
      What are you not looking for in a career?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pearl City, HI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Income Life (Pearl City, HI) in February 2016.

Interview

two step interview process after an initial phone interview. Not very forward about exactly what it is they do at AIL. Not until the last interview do you find out they are having you sell insurance. Very vague in job duties.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever managed people before?/What type of setting.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Income Life (Newark, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

Received a call from internal recruiter telling me "Our hiring manager reviewed your resume and wanted to know when you could come in for an interview." I asked what the position was, he said the company was "American Income" and the position was for management and sales.
    On the day of the interview, I was with many candidates where we were given an introduction to the company and how it operates. Then later we took a test. One hour later I received a call for next day interview face to face with the hiring manager.
    On the day, the interview wasn't very inquisitive, basically the hiring manager wanted me to have certain experience in managing people for future progression.
    I was offered a job on the spot, but needed to start the training next week. Also prompted to get a car as I needed to be mobile.
    I asked him to give me a few hours to decide, as I wanted my partner's opinion in order to decide to invest in a car. I was told that I should take it as later on they may not be able to keep the offer. Still I decided not to take it and wait. They didn't insist after all.

Anonymous Employee in North Royalton, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Income Life (North Royalton, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

Manager called me and set in in person interview to meet and ask a few questions. The next step was another in person interview where he asked a few more tougher questions and then offered the position if I was willing to try to take the state insurance test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Income Life (Phila, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

it's like a cattle call, anyone with a pulse and a car can come. they try to hype up how much money you can make in a short amount of time, and then brag about how they and other management figures did the same. showed some videos about the company, then offered the job.

Interview Questions

• would you want to invest in yourself?   1 Answer