American Income Life Sales Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Income Life Sales Agent Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2017

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (Albuquerque, NM) in March 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a young lady ,she let me know that they are a benefits union based company that is hiring and would love for me to come in. They requested my resume and to come in dressed professionally. She did let me know it was a group overview over the phone where the Manager was going to explain pay rate, Hours,& Company history.
 I went in the next morning ,arrived early was greeted as soon as i walked in ( very friendly) i was asked to fill out a form and hand my resume in. I sat waited maybe about 5 minutes , the manger came out introduced himself and took me to his office . He asked me what i knew about the company, then went on to explain that they are a union based life insurance , he INVITED me to a group where he would explain everything and asked if i had time. I said yes and he escorted me to the back where i saw others and i started conversation which i assumed is what they were looking for ( he let me know they needed people who had the capacity to work. what i really appreciated was that i didn't feel forced to do any of this. I stayed trough the overview which was about 45 minutes long. Loved the Ambiance and information i received ,it was very upfront and i learned something new. I was asked Back for a second interview , they gave me an app to prepare me for the second interview so that was very helpful. I came back Knowing about the license fee (learned it in the overview) . He let me know how the policies work , and how the license process works. I paid 100$ for the study material, 45 $ for the back ground and 105.$ for the exam . i knew what i was paying for before paying for it.
Over all I gave it the opportunity and opened my mind and went in to that interview with the positive and correct mindset and it worked out splendid for me.
Hopefully this helped some of you out there to just remember take an opportunity with the correct mindset.
Thanks
have a blessed one

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you will be a good fit for this?
    Where do you want to be in 5 years?
    What are you not looking for in a career?
    1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for American Income Life

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (Virginia Beach, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a five step process. Meeting with different managers one on one, two on one and then a group interview. You know right after the final interview if they will bring you in

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the team?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangor, ME

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Income Life (Bangor, ME) in December 2013.

Interview

They bring you to the office for an Interview, they put you in a room with several people and the guy tells you how much money he makes selling insurances the. Gives falls numbers to tell customers to get them to purchase more life insurance,

Interview Questions

• When I was called for the interview after they found my résumé on line, it was 90 min away, I asked where the job would be, I was told I would work from home, at the interview I was told my training would be 90 min away for 6 weeks, 9am to 11pmI had to pay for all of my training materials and testing. Then be working 90 min away in another city   1 Answer

I didn't like the feeling I got from him and the distance was not doable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2013.

Interview

Pretty upbeat and informative. Had an former offensive linemen to give the presentation of the company and what they had to offer. He was engaging with the group and kept it pretty flowing with his power point presentation. Filled out the customary application and have a 10 min one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• Question was about if you had to choose a free seminar on a career path. Wether you had to take a seminar on how to structure your career or choose a seminar that shows you what career path to take.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (Richmond, VA) in August 2011.

Interview

I responded to an ad on Craigslist for a customer service representative by sending a copy of my resume. I was called with questions, then asked to come in for an interview. I actually had an interview, a presentation (to sell the company), then another interview. I was suspicious the entire time, since I didn't know the company name before the interview (so I could do research). Glassdoor has some VERY negative employee reviews.

Interview Questions

• Not really a question, but the interviewer didn't have a copy of my resume that was emailed.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at American Income Life (Fort Collins, CO) in May 2011.

Interview

Pretty easy to get an interview as long as you had a mode of transportation. They ask for work moral and work ethic as one of their biggest needs. You go through three interviews which they weive people out at each one. If youre in the last group standing you make it to the third interview and half of the people normally get calls back.

Interview Questions

• Why was it so easy to obtain the job without any experience? Also, are all the post that I have read recenetly true about the employee getting treated unfairly monetarily and time wise?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Income Life (Birmingham, AL) in December 2009.

Interview

Interview originated with a phone call after viewing resume posted on Monster. Had a 10 minute phone interview covering basic background info and an offer to come in for an interview. In person interview was with the office head and another gentleman who did not talk. Interview was about 10-15 minutes and consisted mostly of the interviewer explaining the company. Interview ended with a promise to schedule a second more in depth interview, nut call never came.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Income Life (Boise, ID) in December 2016.

Interview

Quick and easy. Two managers interviewed myself and seemed kind of scripted. Could tell it wasn't for me when they started talking about "how much you could make". The two that interviewed me were professional, but not okay with how they said we aren't making decisions then had a group meeting the very next day at 09:00.

Interview Questions

• What I would bring to the company.   1 Answer

Not for me. Seemed very Ponzi scheme.

Anonymous Employee in Pearl City, HI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Income Life (Pearl City, HI) in February 2016.

Interview

two step interview process after an initial phone interview. Not very forward about exactly what it is they do at AIL. Not until the last interview do you find out they are having you sell insurance. Very vague in job duties.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever managed people before?/What type of setting.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Income Life (Chicago, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter stating that they saw my resume online and that they wanted to give me an interview. I meet with one of the managers and explained to me what the job was and how we were to be paid. He asked me basic things about my background and then offered me the job.