American Income Life Sales Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 31, 2017

1.7

48 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Income Life (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in December 2014.

Interview

3 stage interview. The interviewer asked very simple questions and then passed me to another guy, who asked me the same questions. After a week I got a call for a second interview very similar to the first one.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Income Life

Anonymous Employee in North Royalton, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Income Life (North Royalton, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

Manager called me and set in in person interview to meet and ask a few questions. The next step was another in person interview where he asked a few more tougher questions and then offered the position if I was willing to try to take the state insurance test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Income Life (Newark, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

Received a call from internal recruiter telling me "Our hiring manager reviewed your resume and wanted to know when you could come in for an interview." I asked what the position was, he said the company was "American Income" and the position was for management and sales.
    On the day of the interview, I was with many candidates where we were given an introduction to the company and how it operates. Then later we took a test. One hour later I received a call for next day interview face to face with the hiring manager.
    On the day, the interview wasn't very inquisitive, basically the hiring manager wanted me to have certain experience in managing people for future progression.
    I was offered a job on the spot, but needed to start the training next week. Also prompted to get a car as I needed to be mobile.
    I asked him to give me a few hours to decide, as I wanted my partner's opinion in order to decide to invest in a car. I was told that I should take it as later on they may not be able to keep the offer. Still I decided not to take it and wait. They didn't insist after all.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Income Life (Orlando, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Very Quick and promised a lot that never happened, spoke about calling and reaching out to you while you study for the test, never received a call. Stated that they will pay you while our in the field minimum 500.00 and barely made 100.00. Just made it sound really good but never delivered on anything.

Interview Questions

• How much money do you want to make?   1 Answer

Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Income Life.

Interview

Meet a manager. They just want to make sure you're normal. Then a group overview. After that you meet one on one with a senior manager. They will hire just about anyone who has social skills and can bs.

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

The worst process of interview, call 10+ people together and have to wait for a long time. they just ask some basic eligibility questions and about your background from the resume, they ask some basic questions and then say that they will call you and they never call back, if you try to follow up they do not answer your call.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Income Life (Boise, ID) in December 2016.

Interview

Quick and easy. Two managers interviewed myself and seemed kind of scripted. Could tell it wasn't for me when they started talking about "how much you could make". The two that interviewed me were professional, but not okay with how they said we aren't making decisions then had a group meeting the very next day at 09:00.

Interview Questions

• What I would bring to the company.   1 Answer

Not for me. Seemed very Ponzi scheme.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (Columbia, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

Basic 5 min interview first, then if you pass, you go onto am hr presentation about the company. If selected after that, there is a final interview where you are offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Are you a competitive person? On a scale of 1-10, 10 being highly competitive how do you rate yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henrico, VA

Interview

Just as the other reviews say, it's a pyramid scheme and a scam. do not waste your time on them at all. They try to convince you that they choose you in particular to take their management part, become a sales agent, but it's all a lie.

Interview process is extremely long and unnecessary, this isn't a real job, they sit you down for a sales presentation and try to convince you to join and pay your own fees to become a licensed insurance salesperson

Anonymous Employee in Pearl City, HI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Income Life (Pearl City, HI) in February 2016.

Interview

two step interview process after an initial phone interview. Not very forward about exactly what it is they do at AIL. Not until the last interview do you find out they are having you sell insurance. Very vague in job duties.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever managed people before?/What type of setting.   1 Answer