American Income Life Sales Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Income Life Sales Agent Interview Questions

Updated Dec 20, 2016

1.7

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

The worst process of interview, call 10+ people together and have to wait for a long time. they just ask some basic eligibility questions and about your background from the resume, they ask some basic questions and then say that they will call you and they never call back, if you try to follow up they do not answer your call.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Income Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Income Life (Boise, ID) in December 2016.

Interview

Quick and easy. Two managers interviewed myself and seemed kind of scripted. Could tell it wasn't for me when they started talking about "how much you could make". The two that interviewed me were professional, but not okay with how they said we aren't making decisions then had a group meeting the very next day at 09:00.

Interview Questions

• What I would bring to the company.   1 Answer

Not for me. Seemed very Ponzi scheme.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (Columbia, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

Basic 5 min interview first, then if you pass, you go onto am hr presentation about the company. If selected after that, there is a final interview where you are offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Are you a competitive person? On a scale of 1-10, 10 being highly competitive how do you rate yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henrico, VA

Interview

Just as the other reviews say, it's a pyramid scheme and a scam. do not waste your time on them at all. They try to convince you that they choose you in particular to take their management part, become a sales agent, but it's all a lie.

Interview process is extremely long and unnecessary, this isn't a real job, they sit you down for a sales presentation and try to convince you to join and pay your own fees to become a licensed insurance salesperson

Anonymous Employee in Pearl City, HI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Income Life (Pearl City, HI) in February 2016.

Interview

two step interview process after an initial phone interview. Not very forward about exactly what it is they do at AIL. Not until the last interview do you find out they are having you sell insurance. Very vague in job duties.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever managed people before?/What type of setting.   1 Answer

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at American Income Life (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I didn't apply for this company, and I received a phone call from HR asking me for an interview, but she didn't mention which position they are going to offer, so after the phone call I wrote her an email and asked her if she could tell me which position they are going to offer, and if its related to any sales role I couldn't take the invitation at present. The HR replied the email saying its not Insurance Agent and position and they are 100% union package benefit which to me has nothing to do with my inquire, neither did she mentioned it's a 100% commission based position, nothing. So I did my research online, and realized she lied to me obviously, no matter which name the position is, they are all sales and commission based. I was very disappointed with their HR's unprofessional manner, and I don't even want to work for a company that trying to lie to me in the first place, it's shady. I cancelled the interview after all, they don't deserve my time.

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (Albuquerque, NM) in March 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a young lady ,she let me know that they are a benefits union based company that is hiring and would love for me to come in. They requested my resume and to come in dressed professionally. She did let me know it was a group overview over the phone where the Manager was going to explain pay rate, Hours,& Company history.
     I went in the next morning ,arrived early was greeted as soon as i walked in ( very friendly) i was asked to fill out a form and hand my resume in. I sat waited maybe about 5 minutes , the manger came out introduced himself and took me to his office . He asked me what i knew about the company, then went on to explain that they are a union based life insurance , he INVITED me to a group where he would explain everything and asked if i had time. I said yes and he escorted me to the back where i saw others and i started conversation which i assumed is what they were looking for ( he let me know they needed people who had the capacity to work. what i really appreciated was that i didn't feel forced to do any of this. I stayed trough the overview which was about 45 minutes long. Loved the Ambiance and information i received ,it was very upfront and i learned something new. I was asked Back for a second interview , they gave me an app to prepare me for the second interview so that was very helpful. I came back Knowing about the license fee (learned it in the overview) . He let me know how the policies work , and how the license process works. I paid 100$ for the study material, 45 $ for the back ground and 105.$ for the exam . i knew what i was paying for before paying for it.
    Over all I gave it the opportunity and opened my mind and went in to that interview with the positive and correct mindset and it worked out splendid for me.
    Hopefully this helped some of you out there to just remember take an opportunity with the correct mindset.
    Thanks
    have a blessed one

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you will be a good fit for this?
      Where do you want to be in 5 years?
      What are you not looking for in a career?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Income Life (Phila, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

it's like a cattle call, anyone with a pulse and a car can come. they try to hype up how much money you can make in a short amount of time, and then brag about how they and other management figures did the same. showed some videos about the company, then offered the job.

Interview Questions

• would you want to invest in yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (Virginia Beach, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a five step process. Meeting with different managers one on one, two on one and then a group interview. You know right after the final interview if they will bring you in

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the team?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Income Life (Chicago, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter stating that they saw my resume online and that they wanted to give me an interview. I meet with one of the managers and explained to me what the job was and how we were to be paid. He asked me basic things about my background and then offered me the job.