American Income Life Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Income Life Sales Interview Questions

Updated Feb 4, 2017

2.1

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Income Life.

Interview

Interview scam, they steal your money from training costs. It begins with a short 2min interview then you get invited into a group interview consisting of about 10 people staying an hour to watch a manager give a speech.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Income Life

Sales Interview

Interview

Just don't waste your time. You will sit in a group of people and they will try to sell you their products. It is not an interview it is a waste of time

Interview Questions

• none, just watch a video and they hope you accept to sweat for them   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Income Life in March 2016.

Interview

About 15 other people applied for the same position, and the presentation took about an hour, it's mostly sales and not management like it says in the add I responded.

Interview Questions

• work hours are about 2 to 9pm and Saturday 8 to 1, is this ok?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tinton Falls, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Income Life (Tinton Falls, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

Mass interview, everyone gets to the 2nd interview stage, this part is an hour long pitch on how much money you can make, what they sell, how your commission works out... kept wondering why they were trying so hard to sell us on the job...

Interview Questions

• very few, it seems they were more interested in selling us on the job than finding out if we would be a good fit for the company.... sales cannon fodder essentially.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Income Life (Plantation, FL) in May 2012.

Interview

Sales pitch desribing essential qualities in leaders. Nice office.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your exp. with cold calling?   1 Answer

I have wasted time with companies with similar hiring practices. I can't affort to waste time with companies that get lot's of poor reviews from former employees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Income Life (Redmond, WA) in February 2010.

Interview

They asked most of the usual questions. The one that I had not heard before was "what are you not looking for in a job," and "what are you trying to avoid in a job?"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (Honolulu, HI) in December 2009.

Interview

Screening process seemed abrupt. I was unable to interview within 2 days, therefore, was no longer a candidate. Company seemed in too much of a rush to hire, rather than take the time to find the right people. I still see multiple ads posted as they have either not filled the position or has had difficulty retaining those they hastily might have hired.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Income Life in January 2017.

Interview

Too many people interviewed at the same time. Following the individual intetviews, there was a presentation of the company and products. All very positive & pinky picture. Nothing is negative.

Interview Questions

Totally commission based. Requires lots of travel time and expenses gor clienrs visits. Seems so many people are interviewed and so many people are offered positions by the company. However, there must be very high volume of people quitting or fired.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (Burlington, ON (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by email about a sales "management" position. They invited me to an interview at their new Burlington, Ontario office. After researching the company and seeing all the negative comments, I was apprehensive, but decided to go anyway.

The reviews were pretty accurate. Upon walking in the door, I felt like I was in a doctor's office, with approximately 8 people waiting in the reception area. I was asked to sign in on a clipboard and proceeded to wait almost 25 minutes, all the while watching people come out and check the names on the clipboard and then calling people in. When I was brought into an interview room, the gentleman spent about 10 seconds looking at my resume and proceed to ask me some very simple questions. He then explained that the next step would be to wait an additional 30 minutes to sit through an hour-long presentation on the company and how it worked. I was told that I would have to start as a producer (sales rep). I politely declined as I could not work for a company that had to use deception to get me in the door.

As a side note, today I received another email from this company. They seem to scrape job boards and contact anyone with sales in their profile

Do yourself a favour and search for reviews on this company. There are too many negative reviews to ignore.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Income Life in February 2010.

Interview

I posted a resume online and was contacted by this company to come in for an interview. After I got there, myself and a group of other people were there in the tiny waiting room. We were each called back to have a pre-interview 1:1. This lasted all of about 2 minutes, and then we were all reunited in a conference room where we were told to fill out a packet of paperwork. We were then given what was basically a sales pitch as to why their company was so great to work for. Then we were taken again for a "1 on 1" interview. This also lasted only two minutes and I was told they would call the next morning to let me know if they wanted me to come back.

Interview Questions

I did get called to come in for an interview, as expected with a company that tries to sell itself to applicants and say that they are not going to offer interviews to others and will only hire a select few, but I respectfully declined. Something was off about the whole thing, and it seemed like we would have to shell out a bunch of money to pay for my own testing and training before we would even start getting paid.