American Income Life Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 16, 2017

1.8

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Income Life (Arlington, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

First interview was group interview, about 15 people, sold the job like it was a perfect place to work. Once I researched online what the company did, it was made apparent that its basically door to door sales, and commission based.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a license to sell insurance?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for American Income Life

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Income Life (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The hiring process was slow. I had the job. But I declined the offer for better pay elsewhere. I will not recommend this company. I am glad I did not work for them.

Anonymous Employee in Mira Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Income Life (Mira Mesa, CA).

Interview

They just made sure I had a pulse and a working car. They made sue i would be willing to drive all day long. If you speak Ann additional language, that is very helpful.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Income Life.

Interview

Interview scam, they steal your money from training costs. It begins with a short 2min interview then you get invited into a group interview consisting of about 10 people staying an hour to watch a manager give a speech.

Sales Interview

Interview

Just don't waste your time. You will sit in a group of people and they will try to sell you their products. It is not an interview it is a waste of time

Interview Questions

• none, just watch a video and they hope you accept to sweat for them   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Income Life in March 2016.

Interview

About 15 other people applied for the same position, and the presentation took about an hour, it's mostly sales and not management like it says in the add I responded.

Interview Questions

• work hours are about 2 to 9pm and Saturday 8 to 1, is this ok?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tinton Falls, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Income Life (Tinton Falls, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

Mass interview, everyone gets to the 2nd interview stage, this part is an hour long pitch on how much money you can make, what they sell, how your commission works out... kept wondering why they were trying so hard to sell us on the job...

Interview Questions

• very few, it seems they were more interested in selling us on the job than finding out if we would be a good fit for the company.... sales cannon fodder essentially.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Income Life (Plantation, FL) in May 2012.

Interview

Sales pitch desribing essential qualities in leaders. Nice office.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your exp. with cold calling?   1 Answer

I have wasted time with companies with similar hiring practices. I can't affort to waste time with companies that get lot's of poor reviews from former employees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Income Life (Redmond, WA) in February 2010.

Interview

They asked most of the usual questions. The one that I had not heard before was "what are you not looking for in a job," and "what are you trying to avoid in a job?"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (Honolulu, HI) in December 2009.

Interview

Screening process seemed abrupt. I was unable to interview within 2 days, therefore, was no longer a candidate. Company seemed in too much of a rush to hire, rather than take the time to find the right people. I still see multiple ads posted as they have either not filled the position or has had difficulty retaining those they hastily might have hired.