American Income Life Supervising Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Income Life Supervising Agent Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Income Life (San Diego, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interviewers were friendly and amiable. They seemed to be very neighborly. The only issue was that the job offer was a bit of a hot sale, by which I mean the gentleman said his HR person needed an answer today. I can understand a company being pressed for time and labor, but was it really necessary to make an immediate yes-or-no offer? It just put me off is all.

Interview Questions

• They will likely ask you if you are comfortable with rejection (being a sales position and all).   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Income Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (Woburn, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by phone by Jeff, a hiring manager, from the LaFond Agency in Woburn, MA. They had seen my resume on Monster.com. He introduced himself and said that there were two positions they were hiring for: a customer service-type position, and a entry-level management position. He asked me what I thought to be very few questions before he invited me for a first interview.

I went in a couple days later for the initial interview. As I waited, there were more and more applicants that came in. This had me a bit off guard, for they seemed to all be applying for the same position. Competition is expected, but who knows how many other days this has happened. The process continued similarly to how the phone conversation went. I met with a hiring manager for a few minutes, and was then invited to the conference room for a presentation. (Note here that they made it seem like this guy just so happens to be in the office that day and you should check it out, when in reality it was a standard company overview/recruiting presentaion.) This was the second red flag.

The details of the presentation were inticing:
    - Prospect of making a lot of money and your own schedule
    - Not stuck in an office all day
    - Working with young professionals like yourself, building your own career
    - Lead system suggests easier sales

But this was not without some flaws:
    - Needed to pay about $350 for insurance license, school, and exams.
    - ONLY get paid on commission from sales, and this could take time to obtain
    - Staff at this office seemed disinterested and cold, save a few members

They called me the day after this first interview to come in for a second interview. They said to bring questions, as they "move pretty quickly." I accepted the interview, but later canceled after further consideration of the points above. I did not study insurance in college, so it was not a great fit.

Interview Questions

• I am concerned about the scripted nature of the employees. It seems that they are very keen on marketing and selling their brand to applicants. I respect this, but it makes me question how "tight-knit" their "team" is.   Answer Question

The industry is too far from the field that I studied. I want to utilize my skills while avoiding sales positions.

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Income Life (Boise, ID) in January 2015.

Interview

MLM format in group setting, you can wear shorts and t shirt and they will hire. Just be prepared for a non structured learning environment. PS did I say all the positive reviews came over the last 2 months because discussion occurred in management on how to raise our profile due to bad reviews. Very savy about hiding the fact 85% of us are unhappy with the constant torment from management Key names of corrupt individuals Rick Mansfield, Tyler McKnight, Megan Winston.

Interview Questions

• Formality questions they hire anyone that gets a license   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Supervising Agent Interview

Interview

come in for a three step interview. the second interview is in a group setting where you can interact with other potential new hires and hear more about our company and what we do and how you can make as much money as your heart desires.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Income Life (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2014.

Interview

We recruit people and bring them in. Teach them everything they need to know. We help them get licensed to sell insurance then help them excel.

Interview Questions

• How is your info structure?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Income Life (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

Very informative and professional. They were happy and excited to have us there. It is a very good company to work for and they are very accepting of all people from numerous backgrounds.

Negotiation

It was on me to succeed or fail to get started. They gave me everything I needed to succeed but you have to achieve it for yourself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (Maple Grove, MN) in December 2013.

Interview

I went in expecting a one on one interview and instead was thrown into a group "presentation" explaining how the company works and how successful other employees were. They made it sound like a really great opportunity and had us all fill out a packet full of questions and explained that if you received a phone call at 4-6pm, you've been selected to move on to the next step of the interview process and sent us home with a packet of information outlining the company and career track with possible salaries. The presentation specifically was geared toward "leadership" candidates, which was attractive, but then when they called me later on, they told me that everyone has to start out as a sales associate. Nice bait and switch! I chose not to pursue this company based upon reviews I read here and for the fact that I felt "swindled" or "tricked" into something that wasn't what they presented. If that's the way the company presents their employment, that's probably how they present their products, which didn't sit well with me.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions, but we were given a more of a behavioral multiple choice question packet to fill out.   Answer Question

Supervising Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Income Life in November 2013.

Interview

Company overview for the initial interview. Second interview was via phone. Third interview was an in-person, one on one interview. A mutual decision was made to invite me on board and it was the best decision I ever made.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very upfront...could I handle the workload, time, pace, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (Providence, RI) in October 2013.

Interview

Called met with a hiring manager went through a question session. then i went for company overview and finally sat down with the state director for hiring process

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (Birmingham, AL) in January 2013.

Interview

Three step process first step come in and face with resume second step group interview overview third step meet with hiring manager and offer on same day. Training occurs the week after accepting and then you have a training class that is a week after that as well.