American Institutes for Research Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Institutes for Research (Washington, DC) in February 2009.

Interview

The interview and hiring process were well handled by the HR department. They moved things along at a fair pace and communicated well with the executive recruiter who set up the interview. They did everything they said they were going to do. They were generous with the flight cost and hotel cost reimbursement. They repaid the expenses very quickly too. They did a good job explaining the role to the recruiter. They answered every question that I asked and didn't dodge any issues. They painted an accurate picture of the work and the environment. When I asked to spend some time with some of my future colleagues, they didn't freak out and the people I met with were gracious through the process.

Interview Questions

• None, they were all pretty standard   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were as flexible as I would expect. They gave me adequate time to consider the offer and then agreed to extend my notice period for my former employer from the tradition 2 weeks to 4 weeks (so I could offer better transition assistance).