American Institutes for Research Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Institutes for Research Research Analyst Interview Questions

2.3

Research Analyst Interview

Interview

Preliminary phone interview. Followed by an in person interview. Was never able to schedule the in-person interview as they kept cancelling and rescheduling with little notice. As I had several job interviews occurring at the same time, after the third cancelling of my in-person interview, I decided to decline the offer to come in and pursue several other opportunities that were moving along more quickly.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Institutes for Research

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Institutes for Research (Washington, DC) in July 2012.

Interview

I started as a freelancer and was hired after three or four months of submitting items. I didn't have an official interview (I was hired after freelancing), but I later participated in interviews for new employees. I always got the feeling that we were expected to put a positive spin on everything. We couldn't answer some applicant questions honestly. Management had its spies, and there was always a feeling that we had to watch our backs.

Interview Questions

• Before I was hired, I was asked if I was willing to travel, though I wasn't told how extensive that would be. I was promised promotions, but they never came--for me or anybody else I worked with...and there were many, many people moving through while I was there.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was asked to suggest a salary, then told that it was 10% higher than their number, and we settled in the middle. Whether or not I was told the truth, the result was fair enough.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Institutes for Research (Washington, DC) in May 2008.

Interview

I applied on-line. A recruiter contacted me via e-mail. Then, I had a phone-interview. Then I was invited for on-site interview. I had an interview with a hiring manager and few more people. Interview process was smooth and people were very nice and friendly. Then, I talked with a HR staff about benefits, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the date I would begin to work.