American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee

3.1

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (New York, NY) in April 2019.

Interview

The interview process was multi-layered, starting with intro recruiter call, a call with the deputy director + in person with recruiter, and culminated with a 4 hour in-person interview with a 30-60-90 day presentation and discussions with a few team members. Each step of the interview process encouraged you to think broadly and holistically about the role, and demanded one to think creatively, analytically, and experientially. Ultimately, I didn't get an offer, despite what I felt was a very positive, engaging, and energetic final round, and I can't say that I'm not disappointed or a bit shocked, but ultimately the company chose to go in a different direction and that's ok. It doesn't change how I feel about the company or the interview process -- overall, it was incredibly pleasant and enjoyable, and one would be so lucky to receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• The final stage will be an in-person interview where we would like you to present a 30/60/90 day plan highlighting what you would do in your first 30, 60, and 90 days in the Director of Marketing role with Entwine.   1 Answer

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (New York, NY) in February 2019.

Interview

I was contacted through LinkedIn and accepted a phone interview. After the initial interview with HR, I was invited for a 2-hour interview in the New York office, which consisted of 4 separate interviews. A week later, I was invited for additional video interviews with team leadership. This was followed by an operations test, with spreadsheet and correspondence activities. Finally, I interviewed with a partner nonprofit philanthropy group who would be funding part of my position. All in all, very professional and cordial relations with HR and the team.

Interview Questions

• Please describe an ideal team environment you have experienced.   1 Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (New York, NY).

Interview

First: in-depth phone interview, second: two separate meetings in-person, third: three separate meetings in person. Overall, the process was really positive. Every person I spoke with and met with was warm, friendly, welcoming, supportive, and legitimately interested in me as a person.

Interview Questions

• What is your organizational style? How do you keep organized?   Answer Question

Resource Development Associate Interview

Application

Interview

Applied for different role originally, email sent requesting a phone interview and to schedule utilizing scheduling website. After 2-3 weeks sent an email stating "I believe this position is a better fit" and completed yet another phone interview answering the exact same questions from the first phone call. A few days later received phone call and email stating I was selected for next round interview with the VP of Resource Development in NYC, had interview followed the next week by a video interview with Talent Acquisition Specialist from the initial phone interviews for a cultural interview regarding supervisor expectations and the team one would be a part of. Interview tone was very casual and left in a positive manner of offer being extended within next 3 days. 3 days later received a few missed calls from JDC with no voicemails left (unprofessional in my opinion as there were multiple missed calls, not a singular call). Reached out next day to talent acquisition specialist regarding the missed calls and given the typical "we have gone with another candidate and thank you for you time" At time of this review, the posting for the position is still listed online which is indicative that A) Specialist was dishonest in saying they had offered another candidate, rather than professional declining due to other issues, or B) Role is actively available to which I'd graciously await a call making an offer after the positive tone and positioning the specialist made at conclusion of interviews that she was beyond excited and prepared to have offer to last of finalists in upcoming days.

Communications Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee.

Interview

I applied to the role online and got an email about a phone interview a week or so later. Three weeks or so after that, I found out I was not moving forward. While I agree that the role was not the bets fit for me, the HR rep who interviewed me sounded like a robot. The interview did not feel authentic at all and was uncomfortable at times because of how scripted the interviewer sounded.

Global Service Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

First submitted application the day it was due. Then had a skype interview--with pretty straightforward, behavioral-type questions. Then was flown in for the group interview day--with around 30 or 40 people. That was somewhat hectic but fun. A lot of different, interesting people. I only had one in-person interview, which lasted half an hour. There were also a number of group exercises. After the group interview day, I had a couple of phone interviews. Then they thought of placing me elsewhere, so I interviewed a couple times with my potential supervisors. It was lengthy process but not difficult. Questions were straightforward, interviewers nice. And props to the NY office for reading my application and thoughtfully considering the best location to place me.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. You talk about yourself and your previous experience. Prepare to explain how you deal with challenges--you confront a lot of challenges as a JSC Fellow.   Answer Question

Global Service Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview process was comprehensive- a Skype interview, then an all-day in-person interview, and then another phone interview with a potential supervisor. The all-day interview was intense, but the phone conversation with the supervisor was most important in securing the position, because they wanted to know that I would really fit with my supervisor.

Global Jewish Service Corps Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (San Diego, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

First there was an essay application, then a skype interview, then a group interview. They flew everyone on the West Coast out to their office in San Diego, where we did a series of camp-like activities and presentations. Many questions were repeated over the various interviews. The entire process seemed very unorganized.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a challenge you faced in your workplace and how you were able to overcome it.   Answer Question

Global Jewish Service Corps Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

There was a written application with multiple questions. A short skype interview followed. Then there was a group interview where they brought all finalists to New York. Finally, there was a placement interview

Interview Questions

• What is a verse or teaching that is very important to you?   Answer Question

Senior Writer/Publications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (New York, NY) in July 2018.

Interview

Two preliminary phone interviews. Very pleasant. The interviewer did not take up much of my time and yet I had a clear idea of the job description and hiring process. This position may have been below my qualifications level but I like what the committee and the organizations it supports stand for and I hope to reapply for another position.

Interview Questions

• If I canI write dispassionate and balanced but compelling stories about sensitive world issues.   1 Answer