American Marketing and Publishing Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Marketing and Publishing Account Manager Interview Questions

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

Following a brief phone screening, I was scheduled for a 1:1 interview with the area manager. Area manager was nice and the questions were fairly straightforward. The manager did not ask the typical behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Marketing and Publishing

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Appleton, WI) in February 2016.

Interview

memorize a script in order to be sent to the 5 day training in dekalb. Sit in a classroom for 8 hours a day with 40 people that will be eliminated in the first 2 weeks of work.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing.

Interview

They sell you on the job more then anything. I was asked a question and then halfway through my reply I would get cut off. They were not very honest when describing benefits and chose to leave major points out. It wasn't really an interview as more of a revolving door trying to sell you on the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Brookfield, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

I first did a phone interview which wasn't bad and then they set up a face to face interview. Overall time was quick and they were quick to respond. Both of the ladies that interviewed me were nice and pleasant.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing.

Interview

The face to face interview was great but the ride along was awful. Drive an hour to meet the rep, spent the day talking with them. Based on that experience I turned the job down.

Interview Questions

• The questions were hypothetical, did not focus on my actual experience.   Answer Question

Do not like their business model.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing in May 2014.

Interview

Resume was found via Monster. Had a phone interview, followed by a Face to Face Interview. You then go on a "ride a long" with a current rep to experience a "day in the life" of an Account Manager. Final Decision made shortly thereafter.

Interview Questions

• They just expect you to sell yourself. Share your accomplishments, and explain why you are a good fit for the position. You also have to memorize a 5 paragraph script..which was challenging!   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Eau Claire, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Eau Claire, WI) in April 2014.

Interview

1 interview with recruiter on phone
    1 interview in person with district manager
    1 script test oral exam
    1 ride-along day in sales field with assistant district manager (same-day job offer and acceptance)
    1 week EXTREMELY high quality & rigorous training at Dekalb, IL corporate headquarters
    Placement into first canvass town

Interview Questions

• The interview ended up being just an organic conversation between me and the district manager. Very few pointed questions were asked of me. Instead, the DM just guided our discussion in a few directions to feel out my conversational style and communication abilities.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Base salary is firm at $25000, which was scary, but my first commission check was $1000 and my first bonus check was $1200. My checks got bigger from there. I expect to make at least $50,000 this year.

Application

Interview

be energetic, bring success stories; any accomplishing plaques, ribbons, trophies

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Hoffman Estates, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

Brief phone interview, followed by an in person interview. Everyone I dealt with in the company was very nice and professional. Once you've gone through the interview, they invite you on a "ride-along" with a current rep. ASK QUESTIONS! You need to know what you're getting yourself into. After the ride along you'll have a phone call with the hiring manager, just to make sure it's a good fit. After that, they'll send you an offer, but it is only if you memorize the sales script. Take the script seriously, if you don't know it backwards and forwards going into training, then you will surely fall behind.

Interview Questions

• You will be told "no" about 39 times every day, IF you can get in front of the business owner, can you handle that?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They're not going to pay you more than $25,000 a year. No negotiation possible.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing.

Interview

-> Phone interview- just describes the company and your experiences and if it sounds interesting to you. Super easy
    -> In person interview- again, they describe the company's history and briefly describe the product. Small questions about your life goals, and previous experiences. Not a whole lot of time for asking the employer any questions.
    -> Observation day- you ride along with another employee. As long as you are friendly and ask questions along the way you should have no problems passing that "test".
    -> Script test- one page long word for word script you have to memorize before going down for training. It tests people's dedication because it takes HOURS and HOURS to memorize.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions were really asked. Very simple just asking you about your experience, how you've dealt with people, and your goals. They LOVE goal oriented people.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. Everyone in the sales field receives the same base salary. If you want to make more money than the base salary that everyone gets, you need to sell more stuff for them.